Hi everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

FernReiss

Hi all,
I stumbled across this forum sort of by accident, but glad to have found it; seems like a friendy place.

I'm the author of "The Publishing Game" book series (on how to find a literary agent and traditional publisher; how to set up your own publishing house and self-publish; and how to successfully promote your book; two more in the series, on how to syndicate newspaper and online columns, and how to create audio products, coming next year) and four other books on wide-ranging topics ("The Infertility Diet: Get Pregnant and Prevent Miscarriage," "Terrorism and Kids: Comforting Your Child," "Taking Time Off in Israel," and "Expertizing: Position Yourself as a Name Brand" (forthcoming).

I also do workshops for writers, an occasional bit of PR, some publishing consulting to Fortune 500 businesses, and Expertizing workshops and consulting (on how to get more media attention for your business or organization--I've "Expertized" small businesses, large businesses, and non profits, everyone from the Hilton Hotels to the United Methodist Church--I get to do this because I've personally been featured in over 100 publications in the past year, everything from the New York Times to a full page in Fortune Small Business. Also the National Enquirer :*) And I do a lot of speaking at conferences, from the Harvard Business School conference to Book Expo America. (I'm apparently a little entrepreneurially ADD, or something.)

Anyway, happy to be here, and look forward to popping in and out.

/Fern

http://www.PublishingGame.com
http://www.Expertizing.com
 

September skies

cloud watching
Super Member
Registered
Joined
Sep 27, 2005
Messages
2,872
Reaction score
946
Location
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
Hi Fern:
You stumbled across the right place. I'm so glad you fell in here. But gotta warn you -- it's hard to leave. Once you get hooked, you're basically ours.
Welcome!
emoticonhi.gif
 

Maryn

I Tried
Super Member
Registered
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
64,407
Reaction score
43,806
Location
Behind you!
Welcome, Fern. Be glad you merely stumbled rather than falling flat on your face, as some new members have. (Luckily, it's a pretty forgiving group.)

Maryn, pleased to meet you
 

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Super Member
Registered
Joined
May 9, 2005
Messages
16,767
Reaction score
4,663
Location
Scotland
Welcome, Fern.
 

arrowqueen

RIP, our sarky besom
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
2,653
Reaction score
722
Location
Scotland
Nice to meet you, fern. You sound like an asset to AW.
 

FernReiss

Thanks

Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome! I'm looking forward to hanging out here (mostly popping in and out, why is life so busy these days?!)

Thanks again,
/Fern
 

ngoldman

Super Member
Registered
Joined
Oct 29, 2005
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Location
Montreal
Fern Reiss Interviewed

Just to let you folks know, I recently interviewed Fern and here is her interesting discussion:

CLICK HERE

NORM
EDITOR
BOOKPLEASURES.COM
 
Status
Not open for further replies.