Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Science Fiction/Fantasy
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 06:35 AM   #8751
GreenEpic
...because you don't know yourself

GreenEpic leaves trails of profuse coolnessGreenEpic leaves trails of profuse coolnessGreenEpic leaves trails of profuse coolnessGreenEpic leaves trails of profuse coolnessGreenEpic leaves trails of profuse coolness
I'm totally getting picked on on Facebook right now!

This guy posted a close-up picture of what appeared to be a boxers fracture in the hand. So I asked him what he punched.

Well apparently it was a close up of his broken foot. So it's been one priceless comment at my expense after another.

I mean come on. They look very similar close up.

I guess I'll keep my stupid questions to myself from now on.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:56 AM   #8752
Debio
Joining the insect army.

Debio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for President
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEpic View Post

This guy posted a close-up picture of what appeared to be a boxers fracture in the hand. So I asked him what he punched.

Well apparently it was a close up of his broken foot. So it's been one priceless comment at my expense after another.

I feel for you, I really do. I was just muttering about the headache I got from particular posts I saw on FB. I only check in about once a week to avoid the pain.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:18 AM   #8753
Tifferbugz
Doing Pirate things...

Tifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzjan View Post
andbythewayIsoldanotherstory
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Website & Blog
Twitter
My Books

Old 03-08-2012, 07:37 AM   #8754
hillaryjacques
Undercover, sort of...

hillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
There is indeed much of that going on.

I am just somewhat (okay, a lot) uncomfortable with bragging about my own successes, when there are many others here who are just as, if not more, deserving.
We're all on our own journeys, Suzanne. Congratulations. Well deserved.

Quote:

Foot-hand? Oh, GAG!
Old 03-08-2012, 07:39 AM   #8755
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
We may get to see the Aurora down here tonight or tomorrow night!

Of course, it's supposed to rain and there is the full moon, too.

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 03-08-2012, 08:45 AM   #8756
Kricket
Chirp! Chirp!

Kricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

Who is it? Huh? Let me at 'em! Let me at 'em!

Yeah, you are much better at that kind of thing than I am.

WIPs
SF Novel: Moon Dragons First Draft COMPLTETED 90,832 words, Resting
Flash: "Joy Eats Fear" 799 words, Revising
Urban Fantasy Novel: White Crow 12,000 words

Old 03-08-2012, 08:52 AM   #8757
GreenEpic
...because you don't know yourself

GreenEpic leaves trails of profuse coolnessGreenEpic leaves trails of profuse coolnessGreenEpic leaves trails of profuse coolnessGreenEpic leaves trails of profuse coolnessGreenEpic leaves trails of profuse coolness
I should also clarify that it was an X-ray. Not just a pic of a foot.

So yeah, they are very similar looking when its just bones.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #8758
aliwood
practical experience, FTW

aliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
andbythewayIsoldanotherstory
Yay!

Quote:
I am just somewhat (okay, a lot) uncomfortable with bragging about my own successes, when there are many others here who are just as, if not more, deserving.
But, but, the cantina celebration squad can't do it's job properly if you don't shout about it yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debio View Post
Okay. I have not ordered books in a very long time. It is about time I do so.
Woo Hoo.

Quote:
The bookshelves here have Dan Brown and well, Dan Brown.
I suppose the upside is that there's no Virginia Andrews, but it's a close call.

Quote:
Novels, shorts, whatever. I'm good. I have very little stuff that has been published in the last, oh, 20 years.
I was in a similar boat when I got here. I recommend the what we are reading thread, and pick a random page and make some notes. That worked for me. Also, the book study thread. I am joining in with this and it's opening my horizons, although obviously it may not cover the genre you're after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amergina View Post
Zanzjan, you rock.
Damn right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jallenecs View Post
Nonsense. as one of those in here who's not having a lot of success with sales, I can honestly state that I want to celebrate with you. so SAY IT ALREADY, so I can enjoy your success, too.
What Junely said.

Quote:
No, no. Ask your stupid questions on here. We love stupid questions. We can raise lower your stupid questions to a whole new level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kricket View Post
Who is it? Huh? Let me at 'em! Let me at 'em!
Whoa there tiger. That editing has gone to your head.

If I am awake again it must be morning right?

Looks through music collection - needs to buy five missing Clash albums still. wonders how much they are these days.

My Art Shop

My Art Blog
Old 03-08-2012, 04:35 PM   #8759
Gilroy Cullen
Gilroy's Unlicensed Therapy Center

Gilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*waves a bright good morning to all*

Stole a plate of evil donuts from the caberat. Thought I'd share...

Braving SYW:
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...d.php?t=279131
A writer's journey is like life - no two are entirely alike.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:04 PM   #8760
jallenecs
Searching for Wonderland

jallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
<---- vastly discouraged today.

Fortuna - my Space Pirates! audio drama

This is my pen name on Facebook. And this is my pen name on Twitter.

Blog Post for 10/27/14: Fortuna Cat Like Tread Part Five
Old 03-08-2012, 05:25 PM   #8761
CobraMisfit
That kid is BACK on the escalator!

CobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
THIS SHALL NOT STAND!!!

"On a scale of one to pyramid, it's definitely pyramid." - TotalBiscuit

Books | Website | Chirps | Goodreads

CM's Motivational Alert Code Color Chart

Old 03-08-2012, 05:44 PM   #8762
aliwood

aliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilroy Cullen View Post
How generous. I have just returned from a talk about motivation where they gave away lots of free food. I ate the cream cake but I brought back some bananas

Quote:
Aw

Perhaps you should have come with me to this motivational talk, the cream cake would have cheered you up if nothing else.

I'm just adding in the hypnotic guy to cheer you up.

My Art Shop

My Art Blog
Old 03-08-2012, 05:53 PM   #8763
Gilroy Cullen

Gilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwood View Post
I ate the cream cake but I brought back some bananas
We must be feeling apeeling this morning.

We need some type of donut smilie...

Braving SYW:
Old 03-08-2012, 05:58 PM   #8764
Kricket
Chirp! Chirp!

Kricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good Morning All!

I want pancakes but have no desire to make them myself.

Quote:
Whoa there tiger. That editing has gone to your head.
It's not the editing. Green is my sister in real life so I have a right to get all defensive and stuff.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraMisfit View Post
THIS SHALL NOT STAND!!!

What he said.

And I have decided that Bob the Builder needs to be shot.

WIPs

Old 03-08-2012, 06:08 PM   #8765
aliwood

Quote:
Good Morning All!

I want pancakes but have no desire to make them myself.
I think I should make motivational pancakes to go with the motivational bananas.

Quote:
It's not the editing. Green is my sister in real life so I have a right to get all defensive and stuff.
I was just worried you were going to injure yourself (even though I had previously offered you a chainsaw for the editing. Welcome to hypocrasy in action (and bad spelling))

Quote:
And I have decided that Bob the Builder needs to be shot.
I always liked his cat's opinion of the telephone, which was to swipe it onto the floor every time it rang. Now that's stress removal. So why do we need to shoot Bob?

To make up for Junely's bad day I am writing and have so far managed 90, or 91 depending on how you count hyphenation. For once I have written them all by hand. Do I get an extra banana for that (Looks around for validation)

My Art Shop

My Art Blog
Old 03-08-2012, 06:14 PM   #8766
Kricket
Chirp! Chirp!

Quote:
I think I should make motivational pancakes to go with the motivational bananas.

I was just worried you were going to injure yourself (even though I had previously offered you a chainsaw for the editing. Welcome to hypocrasy in action (and bad spelling))

I always liked his cat's opinion of the telephone, which was to swipe it onto the floor every time it rang. Now that's stress removal. So why do we need to shoot Bob?

To make up for Junely's bad day I am writing and have so far managed 90, or 91 depending on how you count hyphenation. For once I have written them all by hand. Do I get an extra banana for that (Looks around for validation)
Yes to the pancakes.

The most harm I do to myself while editing is something like this or this and a little of this

Because Bob is dumb and I've been watching him at least once a day for a week. But Little Kricket loves large trucks and stuff, and it keeps him busy and quiet so I can get stuff done.

Here's your banana! with a side of

WIPs

Old 03-08-2012, 06:41 PM   #8767
aliwood

Quote:
Because Bob is dumb and I've been watching him at least once a day for a week. But Little Kricket loves large trucks and stuff, and it keeps him busy and quiet so I can get stuff done.

Here's your banana! with a side of
Hurrah for dumb television eh?

Thank you for the motivational banana and cake. i am up to 171 now. Although the cycling has got to the exciting part so I shall be going slow for the next few minutes.

My Art Shop

My Art Blog
Old 03-08-2012, 07:02 PM   #8768
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilroy Cullen View Post
*waves a bright good morning to all*

I'd trust donuts from the Cabaret less than I'd trust donuts from the Horror Hounds.

'Tis a frighteningly disturbed place over there.

Cray, Witters, and Haggis all hang there, after all.

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 03-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #8769
Fenika

Fenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Kricket- two words- zucchini pancakes.

You'll thank me later

Omg,bringonsummerIhavesomuchsquashtogrowandharvest anddehydrateandstore.

Visit my blog: A walk-through guide to Eastern European castles.

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 03-08-2012, 08:20 PM   #8770
amergina
Just don't fall for the boss...
AW Moderator

amergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
mmm. donuts. I'm a donut zombie.

'Tis very rainy here today. And I couldn't sleep last night. So I'm pouring coffee into me and getting my butt in gear.

OUT NOW! Take0ver (M/M contemporary romance) from Berkley InterMix

I have a Website! My Pen Name has a Website! I also Tweet!
Old 03-08-2012, 08:27 PM   #8771
Kricket
Chirp! Chirp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenika View Post
Kricket- two words- zucchini pancakes.

You'll thank me later

Omg,bringonsummerIhavesomuchsquashtogrowandharvest anddehydrateandstore.
Not a fan of zucchini anything, to tell the truth. My in-laws are obsessed with the stuff and always grow too much so they're always coming up with some zucchini something.

WIPs

Old 03-08-2012, 09:08 PM   #8772
aliwood

234 for me so far. Words, not bananas, doughnuts or zucchini. Hmm, 234 zucchini. The mind boggles.

My Art Shop

My Art Blog
Old 03-08-2012, 09:47 PM   #8773
Gilroy Cullen

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post
I'd trust donuts from the Cabaret less than I'd trust donuts from the Horror Hounds.

'Tis a frighteningly disturbed place over there.

Cray, Witters, and Haggis all hang there, after all.
Well, I was the one providing said donuts, so the others didn't contaminate them. I saved this box out special.

Braving SYW:
Old 03-08-2012, 09:48 PM   #8774
Gilroy Cullen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenika View Post
zucchini pancakes.
Zuchinni bread! Wow, didn't realized I missed that until now...

Braving SYW:
Old 03-08-2012, 10:50 PM   #8775
Tifferbugz
Doing Pirate things...

Tifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Afternoon, all! Quiet in here today. o.O

Website & Blog
Twitter
My Books

Closed Thread