Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Science Fiction/Fantasy
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 09:27 AM   #9176
Debio
Joining the insect army.

Debio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for President
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillaryjacques View Post
I have to "interview" my character for a guest blog. I haven't the slightest idea of where to start. *pokes word doc*
Pick a position that you're sure will annoy the character. Anything works, just pick something you know they'll get huffy about and want to argue with you.

It will annoy your character and get them talking, from there it should flow nicely. Depending on the character of course.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:13 AM   #9177
hillaryjacques
Undercover, sort of...

hillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMueller View Post
You're having to come up with the interview questions and character responses? Odd.
I thought so as well. We'll see. I can do something else; that was just the suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debio View Post
Pick a position that you're sure will annoy the character. Anything works, just pick something you know they'll get huffy about and want to argue with you.
She's not exactly the huffy type. Huffy (uppercase), maybe.

So the 3 year old - when he was supposed to be in bed - dismantled the baby monitor, snuck out of his room, accessed my computer, googled himself, opened the app store and tried to buy a snowboarding game, then threw away a couple of the files on my desktop.

Two words: Baby. Stewie.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #9178
Debio
Joining the insect army.

Debio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for President
Quote:
I thought so as well. We'll see. I can do something else; that was just the suggestion.

She's not exactly the huffy type. Huffy (uppercase), maybe.

So the 3 year old - when he was supposed to be in bed - dismantled the baby monitor, snuck out of his room, accessed my computer, googled himself, opened the app store and tried to buy a snowboarding game, then threw away a couple of the files on my desktop.

For the character, yeah, that method doesn't work well with the quieter types.

As for the 3 year old, I'm sorry but....

I thought my kid was smart. I to the three year old in your home, and I offer in the hopes that his diabolicalness does not infect my kid. Just think, you only have, oh a minimum of 15 years more of this.

All my kid does is take the cordless phone apart, or take pictures with my cell. So far.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:21 PM   #9179
Fenika
practical experience, FTW

Fenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*enters Cantina, shuffling like z-word* urgh.

Visit my blog: A walk-through guide to Eastern European castles.

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 03-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #9180
aliwood

aliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Morning cantinas

Looks like we need a lot of these.

My Art Shop

My Art Blog
Old 03-13-2012, 01:06 PM   #9181
Debio
Joining the insect army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenika View Post
*enters Cantina, shuffling like z-word* urgh.
oh, was that you Fenika? um, Sorry? Here, have some coffee.

No, those burns don't look that bad, really.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:44 PM   #9182
aliwood

aliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh no! You fried Fen!

Fen, Fen are you ok?

My Art Shop

My Art Blog
Old 03-13-2012, 01:58 PM   #9183
jallenecs
Searching for Wonderland

jallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
For the love of all that's holy, please, SOMEBODY come shoot me now. I'd do it myself, but I'm hurting too bad to reach the shotgun.

Okay, if you won't do that, pour me some wine or something. Vodka may not be in the physician's desk reference, but, as I recall, it's a terrific muscle relaxer.

Fortuna - my Space Pirates! audio drama

This is my pen name on Facebook. And this is my pen name on Twitter.

Blog Post for 7/21/14: Errand Part 2

Old 03-13-2012, 02:09 PM   #9184
Debio
Joining the insect army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jallenecs View Post
For the love of all that's holy, please, SOMEBODY come shoot me now. I'd do it myself, but I'm hurting too bad to reach the shotgun.

Okay, if you won't do that, pour me some wine or something. Vodka may not be in the physician's desk reference, but, as I recall, it's a terrific muscle relaxer.

I can or with you. The first might not be very useful. I suppose I can try a massage. I'm no pro, and I am married, so it has to be someplace safe for me to touch.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:18 PM   #9185
jallenecs
Searching for Wonderland

jallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I can or with you. The first might not be very useful. I suppose I can try a massage. I'm no pro, and I am married, so it has to be someplace safe for me to touch.
Oh, trust me, this is SOOO not about Bad Touching; my husband would object to that as strongly as your wife. Back, neck, shoulders.

Fortuna - my Space Pirates! audio drama

This is my pen name on Facebook. And this is my pen name on Twitter.

Blog Post for 7/21/14: Errand Part 2

Old 03-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #9186
aliwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by jallenecs View Post
SOMEBODY come shoot me now.
I think I prefer these kind of shots

to these kind

Oops!

I think I may have overdone it. Junely! Where are you?

Phew!

My Art Shop

My Art Blog
Old 03-13-2012, 02:41 PM   #9187
Psychomacologist
The Sarcasm Fairy

Psychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Aaaaawwww Junely. Hope you feel better soon.

*sends ALL the drugs*

Quote:

...I would NOT like to live in your house. Although that's quite impressive for a three year old.

When my cousin was young he managed to bug the house phones. True story.

Whuttup peeps?

Twitter|Blog

I drew a map of the Cantina once. Then I took an arrow to the knee.

WIPS:

SF Novella: 36,000 words, query in QLH
Fantasy (researching)
Old 03-13-2012, 03:28 PM   #9188
tjwriter
Dancing in the Dark

tjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Morning. Big meeting today. Trying to look nice to make a good impression. Good times!

As the Cantina Turns

WIPs:
Dark Horse
The Misadventure of Abigail Quinn
Abigail Quinn #2
Old 03-13-2012, 03:38 PM   #9189
Debio
Joining the insect army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwriter View Post
Morning. Big meeting today. Trying to look nice to make a good impression. Good times!

Just don't tell them you are a raging pink horsey on AW and you'll be ok. We all know and love you, despite that, or because of it. But new folk? They might be a little uncomfortable.

Good luck, knock their socks off.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:57 PM   #9190
CobraMisfit
That kid is BACK on the escalator!

CobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

*is increasingly impressed, and slightly frightened, of Hillz' child*

Morning gang.

What is vertical?

"On a scale of one to pyramid, it's definitely pyramid." - TotalBiscuit

Undead Chaos

Website, Chirps, Goodreads

CM's Motivational Alert Code Color Chart

Old 03-13-2012, 03:57 PM   #9191
aliwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychomacologist View Post
When my cousin was young he managed to bug the house phones.
How far we have travelled eh? I grew up in a house without a phone. Even now we only have the one. My gran has three, she lives by herself. The more I think about this the more absurd the situation appears, but it was the onward creep of technlogy that caught my attention. Oh, and to confirm my fossilness. I also remember when there were only three tv channels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwriter View Post
Good luck TJ.Remember, they all look the same in the bathroom.

Quote:
JGood luck, knock their socks off.
How is this done? *sounds of thinking*

Also, I was thinking about what Fen said about the fridge automatically adjusting the calendar and ordering stuff and so on, and I thought, what if someone hacked your fridge? So you got stuff that you didn't like or were allergic to, or all your stuff went to someone else or just never got ordered. I hope they do good security on these things or supermarkets might get floods of orders for non existent things or something. Possibilities and endless are two words that come to mind.

My Art Shop

My Art Blog
Old 03-13-2012, 04:00 PM   #9192
CobraMisfit

CobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwood View Post
I think I prefer these kind of shots

to these kind

Oops!

I think I may have overdone it. Junely! Where are you?

Phew!
Don't forget THIS kind of shot, too!

hehehe.

Undead Chaos

Old 03-13-2012, 05:01 PM   #9193
Gilroy Cullen
But not Gilderoy Lockhart!

Gilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraMisfit View Post
Morning gang.
What is vertical?
I'd rather be horizontal.
Rainy days do that to me...

Braving SYW:
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...d.php?t=279131
A writer's journey is like life - no two are entirely alike.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:09 PM   #9194
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
What is vertical?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilroy Cullen View Post
I'd rather be horizontal.
Where's 10? And why isn't she all over this?

Morning Cantinaites - just checking in. There is sunshine.

I don't trust it.

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 03-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #9195
Debio
Joining the insect army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post

Morning Cantinaites - just checking in. There is sunshine.

I don't trust it.
Yeah, you gotta watch that sunshine stuff. It'll sneak up on you. Before you know it, you'll feel all warm and stuff. Then you'll start being, like, friendly and shit. I mean how's a guy supposed to maintain a proper human liver eating attitude when the sun is shining. I tell you.

Ok, anyone have any words they tend to over use I can look for in my story? I think I'm running out of easy things to cut. I'm looking for adjectives next, though since my MC is oblivious, there aren't that many to begin with.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:46 PM   #9196
CobraMisfit

Quote:
I envision 10s as a sniper, dressed in a ghillie suit of snark, waiting patiently for the right moment to make her smexy kill-shot.

Undead Chaos

Old 03-13-2012, 06:36 PM   #9197
Shadowflame
Gametrovert

Shadowflame has a golden reputationShadowflame has a golden reputationShadowflame has a golden reputationShadowflame has a golden reputationShadowflame has a golden reputationShadowflame has a golden reputation
Morning all. today is another massive copy all the things day. Ohhh what fun.

You have impressive kiddo there Hilz. All mine ever did was scream until they fell asleep (nightly ritual for oldest when he was 2-3.) Now, they are teenagers and I won't tell you what they were "researching" on their laptops...

Junie, I'll give you a massage, and sit and drink a few with you. Turns out these darn sunny days are making all my joints ache. The spring walks have commenced. Tomorrow, going to start walking at lunch. If I walk a few times a day, the extra fluffyness will come off easier.
and FB for Shadowflame Designs Beadowork
BLOG

Space Marine Gerbils

Rejection count 2014 - 16
Stories out 11
Acceptances: 1
Shortlisted: 1
Old 03-13-2012, 06:48 PM   #9198
10trackers
Pollyanna

10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
10 was in an MRI machine, providing her neurologist with a good view of the vessels in her brain.

Quote:
I envision 10s as a sniper, dressed in a ghillie suit of snark, waiting patiently for the right moment to make her smexy kill-shot.
Oh, Cobra. You say the sweetest things

Blog

New Blog Post: How to Avoid Writing Bad Erotica

Short sexy stories: A Spank in Time, published by Blushing Books

Projects:
The Saga of EvilPants: revising

Cobra Ultraviolent Badge Of Honor:
Quote:
To the characters in your stories, you're a big death-ray of sunshine.
Quote:

10s
Old 03-13-2012, 06:54 PM   #9199
AbielleRose
Crazy Cat Lady

AbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*runs into thread*

*steals 10 and runs off*

Stained Glass in the Night Blog / Twitter

Among the Stars in Sci Fi/Fantasy SYW
Old 03-13-2012, 07:07 PM   #9200
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10trackers View Post
10 was in an MRI machine, providing her neurologist with a good view of the vessels in her sexy brain.
Fixed it for you.

By the way, these euphemisms are getting ever more complex.

In all seriousness, how is the inside of your head?

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Closed Thread