Happy Thanksgiving JPG

Happy Thanksgiving!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Science Fiction/Fantasy
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 07:54 PM   #10751
Fenika
practical experience, FTW

Fenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I feel like I should start digging under the seats and cracks, but I might find crack...

Visit my blog: A walk-through guide to Eastern European castles.

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 04-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #10752
Kricket
Chirp! Chirp!

Kricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*pokes head in, sees all the changed avatars, leaves a note to see if she was effected*

Morning folks!

Had a surprise baby shower last night and stayed up way too late. I'm tired and my hips hurt. I think I'm going to lay on the couch for the rest of the day.

Edit: No change, yet.... *looks around at silently watching mods* Not that I'm asking for one or anything. Happy April Fools!

WIPs
SF Novel: Moon Dragons First Draft COMPLTETED 90,832 words, Resting
Flash: "Joy Eats Fear" 799 words, Revising
Urban Fantasy Novel: White Crow 12,000 words

Old 04-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #10753
Kricket
Chirp! Chirp!

Kricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenika View Post
I feel like I should start digging under the seats and cracks, but I might find crack...
Did you get this car used? Because either you got a very charitable previous owner or a very lazy one who didn't clean out the car. But even then, you'd think the dealer would have found the money..... Hm.... *ponders*

WIPs

Old 04-01-2012, 08:04 PM   #10754
CAMueller
Part-time ninja

CAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kricket View Post
*pokes head in, sees all the changed avatars, leaves a note to see if she was effected*

Morning folks!

Had a surprise baby shower last night and stayed up way too late. I'm tired and my hips hurt. I think I'm going to lay on the couch for the rest of the day.

Edit: No change, yet.... *looks around at silently watching mods* Not that I'm asking for one or anything. Happy April Fools!
I think you may have been asking.

Hope you feel better after a bit of rest.

I'm working on a synopsis *cue ewwwww reactions* while everyone is out. My father-in-law is visiting, so I don't expect to get much done today.

Author Site | Review Blog | Facebook | @ChelseaVBC

Latest Write Like a Fighter Post: 5 Reasons We Punch People in the Face (and Alternatives for More Interesting and Accurate Fight Scenes)
Old 04-01-2012, 08:04 PM   #10755
aliwood

aliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I never had one, so I don't have one to pinch. I don't know whether to feel pleased or left out.

My Art Shop

My Art Blog
Old 04-01-2012, 08:20 PM   #10756
Kricket
Chirp! Chirp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMueller View Post
I think you may have been asking.

Hope you feel better after a bit of rest.

I'm working on a synopsis *cue ewwwww reactions* while everyone is out. My father-in-law is visiting, so I don't expect to get much done today.
Me? Never!

And Ewwwww! I'm terrified of trying to write one of those.

WIPs

Old 04-01-2012, 08:37 PM   #10757
aliwood

aliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Apparently I've now joined in.

It occurred to me a few minutes ago though that given that April Fool's officially ended here just over three and a half hours before I complained, the whole point was moot.

Mind you, now that my non-existent avatar has been pinched, what I do ask for the return of? *Scratches head*

My Art Shop

My Art Blog
Old 04-01-2012, 08:42 PM   #10758
amergina
Just don't fall for the boss...
AW Moderator

amergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Morning everyone!

Junely, so glad you're taking some time for yourself

Fen, hope the money is there tomorrow.

I really liked Iron Man. Cool flick.

Between this post and my last, the thief struck! Do not taunt happy fun avatar thief!

OUT NOW! Take0ver (M/M contemporary romance) from Berkley InterMix

I have a Website! My Pen Name has a Website! I also Tweet!
Old 04-01-2012, 08:44 PM   #10759
CAMueller
Part-time ninja

CAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudge
The synopsis is done -- except it's five pages instead of three. This may be an issue.

Author Site | Review Blog | Facebook | @ChelseaVBC

Latest Write Like a Fighter Post: 5 Reasons We Punch People in the Face (and Alternatives for More Interesting and Accurate Fight Scenes)
Old 04-01-2012, 09:11 PM   #10760
Kricket
Chirp! Chirp!

should I? shouldn't I?.....

Yeah, never mind, I'm no good at this stuff anyway. I can't keep a straight face, even on the internet.

WIPs

Old 04-01-2012, 09:43 PM   #10761
jallenecs
Searching for Wonderland

jallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
neener needer neener! I still have my avatar!

Fortuna - my Space Pirates! audio drama

This is my pen name on Facebook. And this is my pen name on Twitter.

Blog Post for 10/27/14: Fortuna Cat Like Tread Part Five
Old 04-01-2012, 09:47 PM   #10762
bettielee
Just a regular Fairy Princess

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I just found 500 more bucks and some euros. I think my prius was meant to be a drug car
holy crap... I wish I could get in on that action....

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwood View Post
Apparently I've now joined in.

It occurred to me a few minutes ago though that given that April Fool's officially ended here just over three and a half hours before I complained, the whole point was moot.

Mind you, now that my non-existent avatar has been pinched, what I do ask for the return of? *Scratches head*
sorry hon, you're on American time for April Fool's day! I guess, just rack it up as another April Fools.

APRIL FOOLS! IT'S THE 2ND OF THE APRIL!

I'm frickin' tired. Parents have finally contacted me - dad is copying and pasting the link instead of clicking on it... and getting dire results. Trying to urge him JUST TO CLICK THE THING. Trying to explain to him "copying and pasting 'here is the online application' rather than the link is not going to achieve the desired results...."

Currently NaNoing: The Heroine from Hampshire - gothic romance maybe... kinda

Twitter
Old 04-01-2012, 09:50 PM   #10763
Psychomacologist
The Sarcasm Fairy

Psychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I just found 500 more bucks and some euros. I think my prius was meant to be a drug car
Dude. Where the HELL did you buy this thing? Did you buy it from the Mafia or something?

*eyes avatar suspiciously*

Don't leave me Pinkie Pie. I need you more than ever.

Twitter|Blog

I drew a map of the Cantina once. Then I took an arrow to the knee.

WIPS:

SF Novella: 36,000 words, query in QLH
Fantasy (researching)
Old 04-01-2012, 09:57 PM   #10764
slcboston
Just What It Says on the Label

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10trackers View Post
But looking around the boards, it's mostly notorious members
SAY WHAT NOW???

I am *not* notorious.

Hmph.

Infamous, perhaps. I'll grant you infamous. But notorious? Never.

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 04-01-2012, 09:59 PM   #10765
aliwood

Wow. I've never been mostly notorious before. In any time zone.

My Art Shop

My Art Blog
Old 04-01-2012, 10:00 PM   #10766
Psychomacologist
The Sarcasm Fairy

Psychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Clearly, I am not notorious enough. I need to do something memorable and noteworthy.

Any ideas, people?

Twitter|Blog

WIPS:

Fantasy (researching)
Old 04-01-2012, 10:01 PM   #10767
hillaryjacques
Undercover, sort of...

hillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kricket View Post
Yay for baby shower! Boo to any and all surprises after the first trimester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMueller View Post
The synopsis is done -- except it's five pages instead of three. This may be an issue.
I think that's how all synopses begin: way too long.

In my case, they seem to also include scenes that don't make the final cut in the ms. Hmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychomacologist View Post
Dude. Where the HELL did you buy this thing? Did you buy it from the Mafia or something?
It's not unusual to find money and/or drugs and/or taxidermy in used cars. Well, the last might be specific to AK.

Last edited by hillaryjacques; 04-01-2012 at 11:26 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:02 PM   #10768
Fenika

Fenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I found some foriegn coins and white powder on my last car-dig. I'm guessing the powder is some kinda funky processed sugar. Maybe I'll try it in my tea.

And the prius is new! Clearly someone was trying to smuggle cash and missed some.

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 04-01-2012, 10:02 PM   #10769
Fenika

Taxidermy? Good thing I bought new.

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 04-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #10770
Kweei
Expert Procrastinator

Kweei has a golden reputationKweei has a golden reputationKweei has a golden reputationKweei has a golden reputationKweei has a golden reputationKweei has a golden reputation
You all has been stolen. Hahaha!

Song of the Swallow

Me: Livejournal Twitter Blog Facebook Google+

Some people get plot bunnies. I get zombie plot goats that are unkillable. Tru Fax.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:09 PM   #10771
Kricket
Chirp! Chirp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillaryjacques View Post
Yay for baby shower! Boo to any and all surprises after the first trimester.
Well I like gifts almost anytime. And you can never have enough diapers or wipes.

Yay! they took my avi! and the banner is awesome.

WIPs

Old 04-01-2012, 10:15 PM   #10772
Psychomacologist
The Sarcasm Fairy

DAMMIT THEY TOOK PINKIE PIE! THIS MEANS WAR!!

Twitter|Blog

WIPS:

Fantasy (researching)
Old 04-01-2012, 10:17 PM   #10773
aliwood

I still don't understand what I'm missing.

Braincell?

My Art Shop

My Art Blog
Old 04-01-2012, 10:18 PM   #10774
slcboston

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I found some foriegn coins and white powder on my last car-dig. I'm guessing the powder is some kinda funky processed sugar. Maybe I'll try it in my tea.
I would advise against that.

Especially if work comes with random drug tests.

Quote:
And the prius is new! Clearly someone was trying to smuggle cash and missed some.
It seems such a small amount for that, really. But it's possible.

I still think it's some sort of promotion thing from Honda Toyota (?).

FleasTwits

Last edited by slcboston; 04-01-2012 at 11:03 PM. Reason: I can't keep track of who makes what anymore
Old 04-01-2012, 10:19 PM   #10775
slcboston

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwood View Post
I still don't understand what I'm missing.

Braincell?
I think there's more to this than just the missing avs. If I didn't have yet/still/an endless supply of more papers to grade, I'd look into it.

FleasTwits
Closed Thread