Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Science Fiction/Fantasy
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 01:44 AM   #10876
SaraP
I love some people to death. <3
AW Moderator

SaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hmmm, looks like Cobra has been spared thus far...

And hi, you.

Where this is desire, there is gonna be a flame.
Where there is a flame, someone's bound to get burned.
But just because it burns, doesn't mean you're gonna die -
You gotta get up and try.

P!nk - Try

Life getting you down? Come get a pick-me-up.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:46 AM   #10877
CobraMisfit
That kid is BACK on the escalator!

CobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by amergina View Post
HAY.

Cobra still has an avatar. And it has an evil twirling mustache.

*is suspicious*
<<
>>

I know nothing......

"On a scale of one to pyramid, it's definitely pyramid." - TotalBiscuit

Undead Chaos

Website, Chirps, Goodreads

CM's Motivational Alert Code Color Chart

Old 04-02-2012, 01:47 AM   #10878
Psychomacologist
The Sarcasm Fairy

Psychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraP View Post
OH HEY LOOK NOW HE HAS BEEN ATTACKED. *glares suspiciously at Sparkles* >.>

Twitter|Blog

I drew a map of the Cantina once. Then I took an arrow to the knee.

WIPS:

SF Novella: 36,000 words, query in QLH
Fantasy (researching)
Old 04-02-2012, 01:47 AM   #10879
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraMisfit View Post
<<
>>

I know nothing......
I said that earlier.

Kricket quoted it. I suspect I'm going to regret saying that at some later date, now.

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 04-02-2012, 01:48 AM   #10880
CobraMisfit

CobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

And hi, you.

I've been hit!

Tell them... It's a trap!!

And howdy. We've missed you.

Undead Chaos

Old 04-02-2012, 01:48 AM   #10881
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychomacologist View Post
OH HEY LOOK NOW HE HAS BEEN ATTACKED. *glares suspiciously at Sparkles* >.>
Sheesh. It's *not* Sparkles.

Mini-mods don't have those kind of powers.

Has to be a Super.

FleasTwits
Old 04-02-2012, 01:51 AM   #10882
Psychomacologist
The Sarcasm Fairy

Psychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
SHE IS IN CAHOOTS I TELL YOU. CAHOOTS.

Twitter|Blog

WIPS:

Fantasy (researching)
Old 04-02-2012, 01:52 AM   #10883
SaraP
AW Moderator

SaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Only Supers and Admins have avvie-changing powers.

P!nk - Try

Old 04-02-2012, 01:52 AM   #10884
CobraMisfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post

Has to be a Super.
Our Avatars can't repel Mods of that magnitude!

Undead Chaos

Old 04-02-2012, 01:56 AM   #10885
Psychomacologist
The Sarcasm Fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraMisfit View Post
Our Avatars can't repel Mods of that magnitude!
We're gonna need a bigger avatar.

Not that James Camar0n one though. That's a bit TOO big...

Twitter|Blog

WIPS:

Fantasy (researching)
Old 04-02-2012, 02:00 AM   #10886
slcboston
word-slinger

Quote:
*looks closely at Sara's av*

I don't see any cahoots. Near as I can tell, the only thing she's in is a hat.

Which raises other concerns, but hey, I'm not going to get into those.

FleasTwits
Old 04-02-2012, 02:01 AM   #10887
Kricket
From the planet Asgosia

Kricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I said that earlier.

Kricket quoted it. I suspect I'm going to regret saying that at some later date, now.
Flash: "I See Spot" open for crit
Urban Fantasy Novel: White Crow 3,426/50,000 words

Blog
Letter From CampNaNo

Old 04-02-2012, 02:02 AM   #10888
Tifferbugz
Doing Pirate things...

Tifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Oh, is that what you were talking about earlier? I had wandered over to Google (looking up suspicious sentences from students' papers) but hadn't noticed anything.

Wow, that brings back memories...
I can see no one watched the video I posted yesterday.

Since I'm so nice, I'll post it again. Although you may have already clicked it from the quests page.

Website & Blog
Twitter
My Books

Old 04-02-2012, 02:05 AM   #10889
slcboston
word-slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifferbugz View Post

Since I'm so nice, I'll post it again. Although you may have already clicked it from the quests page.

I didn't see that- either when you posted it or on the quest page.

"We run more than a hundred thousand servers to overcome the NES's technical limitations."

FleasTwits
Old 04-02-2012, 02:10 AM   #10890
Tifferbugz
Doing Pirate things...

Tifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

I didn't see that- either when you posted it or on the quest page.

"We run more than a hundred thousand servers to overcome the NES's technical limitations."

I love how the path from LA to NYC requires 90 degree angles for turns. Brings back memories.

Website & Blog
Twitter
My Books

Old 04-02-2012, 02:14 AM   #10891
Kweei
Expert Procrastinator

Kweei should run for PresidentKweei should run for PresidentKweei should run for PresidentKweei should run for PresidentKweei should run for PresidentKweei should run for President
Quote:

And hi, you.
Nice to see you

Quote:

Has to be a Super.
Quote:
She might not have the power, but that doesn't mean she isn't two timing us

*narrows eyes*

Song of the Swallow

Me: Livejournal Twitter Blog Facebook Google+

Some people get plot bunnies. I get zombie plot goats that are unkillable. Tru Fax.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:15 AM   #10892
Kweei
Expert Procrastinator

Kweei should run for PresidentKweei should run for PresidentKweei should run for PresidentKweei should run for PresidentKweei should run for PresidentKweei should run for President
Quote:

I did! I played with it this afternoon and even mentioned it here.

I was IGNORED.

I see how it is.

Song of the Swallow

Me: Livejournal Twitter Blog Facebook Google+

Some people get plot bunnies. I get zombie plot goats that are unkillable. Tru Fax.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:16 AM   #10893
Tifferbugz
Doing Pirate things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.L. Townsend View Post
I did! I played with it this afternoon and even mentioned it here.

I was IGNORED.

I see how it is.

Website & Blog
Twitter
My Books

Old 04-02-2012, 02:17 AM   #10894
hillaryjacques
Undercover, sort of...

hillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*anime giggle*
Old 04-02-2012, 02:21 AM   #10895
Fenika
practical experience, FTW

Fenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Zanz, your avi, it's epic!

It also provides two clues. One, the thief must honestly not be able to swim. Two, he/she is ocd enough to cut out newspaper letters and submerge the note.

Quote:
That's Power Girl. /geekmoment>

Also, FEN IS LEAVING CLUES HERE PEOPLE. We have to find the Avatar Thief!! AND IT'S A PONY AND FEN KNOWS WHO IT IS AND IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH TOYOTA PRIUS AND DRUG MONEY!!

*gasps for breath*
I saw ponies in the sky. Not attacking me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amergina View Post
Baking experiment - 1
Amergina - 0

Dire. I'm still baking it, but...

But I think I know what to do in the future. Mostly buy more poppyseed filling.
You should have been gardening like me. I did some transplanting then used my pickaxe and shovel to prep the ground, made two adjacent 4x4 raised beds with a little stairstep effect (a path! A path!), and filled them part way with that rich compost I brought home weeks ago. I was going to get soil from walmart but my shoulder muscles are now a tight knot of pain and my legs and such are jello. Dire.

Quote:

I quoted it and even made a whitty reply! Now I'm bummed you didnt read it

Visit my blog: A walk-through guide to Eastern European castles.

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 04-02-2012, 02:24 AM   #10896
Fenika
practical experience, FTW

Fenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
What? They beat you?

They were just supposed to intimidate, not actually harm -

Er, I mean, that's terrible, Fen.

*hides trench coat and new stack of 100s*
Looks like I will be having mutton curry for easter. *Dulls axe*

Visit my blog: A walk-through guide to Eastern European castles.

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 04-02-2012, 02:30 AM   #10897
SaraP
AW Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.L. Townsend View Post
She might not have the power, but that doesn't mean she isn't two timing us

*narrows eyes*
*gasp*

Oh, that is not a nice thing to say! At all!

P!nk - Try

Old 04-02-2012, 02:36 AM   #10898
eyeblink
I blink

eyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
We're gonna need a bigger avatar.

Not that James Camar0n one though. That's a bit TOO big...
That one's just been seven miles under the Pacific. And ended up three inches shorter than it started out, because of the water pressure.

Works in progress:

Partings and Greetings (contemporary 14+ YA novel) - 75,254 words. Submitted to Strange Chemistry.

Conor and Me (working title, 14+ YA) 20,927 words and counting

Short fiction:

"Mourning Becomes Me" - version 2.0, 19,464 words and counting

"Cold" - 3753 words, final draft. Submitted!
Old 04-02-2012, 02:37 AM   #10899
Psychomacologist
The Sarcasm Fairy

Some mighty suspicious things are going on in these parts. Not least of which is Fen's trip to Ponyville and the sudden discovery - and then loss - of $1000 (and some Euros).

SOMEONE KNOWS SOMETHING THEY'RE NOT TELLING.

*glares suspiciously at everyone*

*hurts eyes*

Twitter|Blog

WIPS:

Fantasy (researching)
Old 04-02-2012, 02:38 AM   #10900
Psychomacologist
The Sarcasm Fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeblink View Post
That one's just been seven miles under the Pacific. And ended up three inches shorter than it started out, because of the water pressure.
Did it really? That's kinda cool

Although actually I was referring to his movie, Avatar.

Twitter|Blog

WIPS:

Fantasy (researching)
Closed Thread