Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Science Fiction/Fantasy
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 06:24 PM   #1326
Psychomacologist
The Sarcasm Fairy

Psychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post
Anytime you ladies want to stop trying to "help" me, I'd be fine with that. Really I would.

*watches nascent career in politics burst into pretty, pretty flames before it even starts*

What? We're talking about clearing the roads of snow. Pfft. Dirty minded old perv... :P

Also have you ever made so many innuendos that everything starts to sound sexual? Not that... this is happening to me... right now... *ahem*

Twitter|Blog

I drew a map of the Cantina once. Then I took an arrow to the knee.

WIPS:

SF Novella: 36,000 words, query in QLH
Fantasy (researching)
Old 01-04-2012, 06:27 PM   #1327
jallenecs
Searching for Wonderland

jallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
"Bos: vote for him or he'll smash you in the face with a skillet"

Too aggressive?

Fortuna - my Space Pirates! audio drama

This is my pen name on Facebook. And this is my pen name on Twitter.

Blog Post for 9/19/14: October Flurry: Sweeney Todd
Old 01-04-2012, 06:35 PM   #1328
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychomacologist View Post
What? We're talking about clearing the roads of snow. Pfft. Dirty minded old perv... :P
The moment 10 felt the need to break out the angel wings that argument went down in flames.

Much like my political career if I had to rely on you folks.

Quote:
Also have you ever made so many innuendos that everything starts to sound sexual? Not that... this is happening to me... right now... *ahem*
This happens to Cobra a lot.

Just him, mind you. Not any of the rest of us.

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 01-04-2012, 06:36 PM   #1329
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by jallenecs View Post
"Bos: vote for him or he'll smash you in the face with a skillet"

Too aggressive?
Slightly, yes.

Though I do refer to my large cast iron skillet as coming in the "spouse killer" size.

FleasTwits
Old 01-04-2012, 06:36 PM   #1330
CobraMisfit
That kid is BACK on the escalator!

CobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Pfft. Sell out finally able to pay electrical bill!
Fixed it for ya.

Quote:
Btw Cobra I hope you are noting down all these Bos slogans in the quote book.

And I hope we get to see the complete quote book one day.
Maybe and maaaayyyybeeee....

"On a scale of one to pyramid, it's definitely pyramid." - TotalBiscuit

Books | Website | Chirps | Goodreads

CM's Motivational Alert Code Color Chart

Old 01-04-2012, 06:38 PM   #1331
Alessandra Kelley
Sophipygian
AW Moderator

Alessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
? I am confused. Who is Bos?

Alessandra Kelley, Fine Art, Illustration, and Egg Tempera Instruction
"Confessions of a Postmodern Pre-Raphaelite" -- my blog
Old 01-04-2012, 06:39 PM   #1332
CobraMisfit

CobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
This

Quote:
The moment 10 felt the need to break out the angel wings that argument went down in flames.

And this.

Quote:
This happens to Cobra a lot.

Just him, mind you. Not any of the rest of us.

And-and this.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #1333
CobraMisfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandra Kelley View Post
Our very own slcboston who took 43rd place in the Iowa caucus last night. Just a hair behind a stuffed squirel named "Roger" and three pounds of Jarlsburg cheese!

Good job, Mr. Future President!*

*not to be confused with Mr. Future Girl.

Last edited by CobraMisfit; 01-04-2012 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Keystroke issues.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #1334
Psychomacologist
The Sarcasm Fairy

Psychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraMisfit View Post
Maybe and maaaayyyybeeee....
*launches Freedom of Information request to get access to the Quote Book of Doom*

Twitter|Blog

WIPS:

Fantasy (researching)
Old 01-04-2012, 06:42 PM   #1335
Psychomacologist
The Sarcasm Fairy

Quote:
Much like my political career if I had to rely on you folks.
What are you talking about? This stuff is GOLD! Gold I tell you!

Twitter|Blog

WIPS:

Fantasy (researching)
Old 01-04-2012, 06:45 PM   #1336
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandra Kelley View Post

*sigh*

Cast aside on the woodpile of history so soon.....

FleasTwits
Old 01-04-2012, 06:46 PM   #1337
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

Quote:
Our very own slcboston who took 43rd place in the Iowa caucus last night. Just a hair behind a stuffed squirrel named "Roger" and three pounds of Jarlsburg cheese!
In my defense, the squirrel was much more telegenic, and the cheese appealed to the dairy farmer contingent. All things considered, I think 43rd was respectable.

FleasTwits
Old 01-04-2012, 06:54 PM   #1338
jallenecs
Searching for Wonderland

jallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I've decided it's not fair. Why is it that England has the best humorous novelists? First it's Terry Pratchett, then Jonathan Howard and Toby Frost.

I want to write funny stuff like they do! I cry foul!

Fortuna - my Space Pirates! audio drama

This is my pen name on Facebook. And this is my pen name on Twitter.

Blog Post for 9/19/14: October Flurry: Sweeney Todd
Old 01-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #1339
CobraMisfit

Quote:
This was quite good.

I may have to reconsider exiling you.

*was never really concerned*

You and I both know I have a rare set of skills that will be needed in the coming zoombee apoxylips.

I'm referring to beekeeping, of course. We gonna be needin' some honey when we're running from the undead.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #1340
amergina
Just don't fall for the boss...
AW Moderator

amergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*is dragged in by the cat*

Morning... *thud*

OUT NOW! Take0ver (M/M contemporary romance) from Berkley InterMix

I have a Website! My Pen Name has a Website! I also Tweet!
Old 01-04-2012, 07:10 PM   #1341
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

Quote:
I've decided it's not fair. Why is it that England has the best humorous novelists? First it's Terry Pratchett, then Jonathan Howard and Toby Frost.

Hey now.... we had/have:
  • Nathaniel Benchley: father of the Jaws guy and quite funny
  • Mark Twain: acerbic, but still funny when he wanted to be
  • David Sedaris: tends to be mostly auto-biographical, but still counts
  • Dave Barry: former columnist, who has written books that were even made into movies

We can be funny, too.

FleasTwits
Old 01-04-2012, 07:11 PM   #1342
CobraMisfit

Quote:
*launches Freedom of Information request to get access to the Quote Book of Doom*

*request wobbles on take-off and then slams into the ocean*

Darn you, Lowest Bidder!

Last edited by CobraMisfit; 01-04-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:12 PM   #1343
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

Quote:
I'm referring to beekeeping, of course. We gonna be needin' some honey when we're running from the undead.
Of course we will. Doubles as a quick boost of energy, and as a road hazard to leave behind and slow them down. Further.

FleasTwits
Old 01-04-2012, 07:12 PM   #1344
CobraMisfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by amergina View Post
Morning... *thud*
And a Good Morning Thud to you as well!

Old 01-04-2012, 07:14 PM   #1345
CobraMisfit

Quote:
Dave Barry: former columnist, who has written books that were even made into movies
Have all his stuff and it's a riot. Occasionally I'll re-read Big Tr0uble for a good laugh.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:24 PM   #1346
aliwood
practical experience, FTW

aliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I disappear for an hour and come back to a page full of messages. Sorry to see SLC's political career on the skids already, the slogans were really going well there for the first few words.

Quote:
Now you see, if I may make a suggestion this is where you're going wrong.

Quote:
If you'd have cried fowl, we'd all be in stitches. Twist those words I tell you, twist.

My Art Shop

My Art Blog
Old 01-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #1347
amergina
Just don't fall for the boss...
AW Moderator

amergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
And a Good Morning Thud to you as well!
I just need some more coffee. Then I will thud no more.

I'm trying to figure out why the birdies are no longer going to the bird feeder. It's freezing out, you'd think they'd be flocking to it!

OUT NOW! Take0ver (M/M contemporary romance) from Berkley InterMix

I have a Website! My Pen Name has a Website! I also Tweet!
Old 01-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #1348
aliwood

aliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Pfft. Sell out!

My Art Shop

My Art Blog
Old 01-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #1349
KitCat

KitCat is a glorious beacon of lightKitCat is a glorious beacon of lightKitCat is a glorious beacon of light
*stumbles in, falls in corner*

Quote:
[*]Dave Barry: former columnist, who has written books that were even made into movies
Never fails to get me laughing like crazy and the other half staring at me like i'm insane.
Usually on Twitter
Lives in AW Chat
Part of AW's own Crit Circle 2014
Old 01-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #1350
tjwriter
Dancing in the Dark

tjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*Sits in the corner, sipping MOAR coffeeeeee.*

As the Cantina Turns

WIPs:
Dark Horse
The Misadventure of Abigail Quinn
Abigail Quinn #2
Closed Thread