Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2012, 01:34 AM   #76
BeatrixKiddo
Is it summer yet???

BeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPanced View Post
I'm barely keeping up with the promo work I need to do for BINSIDLY because of this overtime at work. I've been doing 5 to 15 hours a week since, oh, NOVEMBER. It's finally showing signs of abating but we'll know for sure tomorrow (which is what I was told yesterday and the day before that and the day before that, etc.)
But doesn't that mean more money for even more promo work? Win/win, yes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqb View Post
I'm three chapters from the end of ALLEGIANCE, the third book for my Tor series. This one has been like pulling teeth, but I'm pleased with the results. I should be able to send this off to my editor in March.
Oh and we started the process for buying a house.
That's awesome. Congrats on the house eqb! House warming partay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Chick View Post
Taking some time off to re-assess things. I hit a bit of a crossroads earlier this week and it's given me a LOT to think about.
I hope that's a good fork in the road (pardon the pun) JC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubastes View Post
Finishing the first draft of a contracted long short story, editing novella #3, promo stuff, planning the next writing project, already freaking out over going to the Romantic Times con in April. Also job stuff and, like Jerz, reassessing things.
You are the busiest cat DJ I know. (most are lazy, ya know?) Good luck on everything. You make me tired just reading your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscelina View Post
Just got home from the hospital and am lying on the couch. I am doing very well and I am going to be completely off from Musa until I can pick up my laptop. So I plan to do some world building and maybe read for fun. Just to be different. Thanks for all the good wishes guys. I really appreciate them and all of you.
Yay!

However, barely home and already on the computer? Shouldn't you be taking a long break from this modern technology? I hope your recovery goes well Miss M but remember to REST, and follow up on whatever physical therapy the doc wants you to do. I hope this latest surgery finally gives you some long term relief.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:14 AM   #77
Bubastes
bananaed

Bubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I sound busier than I am, trust me. I fritter away far too much time on the interwebz.

Rest up, Celina!

Blog | Twitter | Facebook

Bubastes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:06 AM   #78
mscelina
Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you

Location: Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fudz. Not pie. I do not share pie. EVER.
mscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I can't get on my computer. Too heavy. I am on my tablet which is the technology for fun.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:58 AM   #79
BenPanced

BenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thought about you a lot this week. It's good to know you're doing better.
BenPanced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:47 PM   #80
eqb
I write books

eqb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseqb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseqb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseqb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseqb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseqb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseqb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseqb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseqb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseqb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseqb is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixKiddo View Post
That's awesome. Congrats on the house eqb! House warming partay!
Thanks! Here's the view from the patio:

Old 02-20-2012, 06:50 PM   #81
tjwriter
Dancing in the Dark

tjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
So. Jealous.

As the Cantina Turns

WIPs:
Dark Horse
The Misadventure of Abigail Quinn
Abigail Quinn #2
tjwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:56 PM   #82
eqb
I write books

eqb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseqb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseqb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseqb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseqb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseqb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseqb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseqb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseqb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseqb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseqb is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwriter View Post
So. Jealous.
You might be less jealous if I posted pictures of the bathrooms and kitchen.

(We're talking some major renovations.)
Old 02-22-2012, 05:36 PM   #83
Bubastes
bananaed

Bubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
That is one heck of a view. Gorgeous!

Hey fangsters who can't make it to RTCon, do you have promo stuff you'd like me to hand out so I can pimp your books?

Blog | Twitter | Facebook

Bubastes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:51 PM   #84
Jersey Chick
Is it hot in here, or it just Hugh?

Jersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Any time my stress level reaches the red zone, I'm pulling up that post of your view, eqb. **ohhhhmmmmmm***

My books... Go ahead. You know you want to...

My Blog Facebook Twitter and last, but not least, my Website
Jersey Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:17 PM   #85
quickWit
Totally Ninja!

quickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
they've got a pool and a pond in the back, jersey.
pond'd be good for you.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:21 PM   #86
Jersey Chick
Is it hot in here, or it just Hugh?

Jersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

I got nothin'.

My books... Go ahead. You know you want to...

My Blog Facebook Twitter and last, but not least, my Website
Jersey Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:25 PM   #87
tjwriter
Dancing in the Dark

tjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
It looks so perfect for writing and relaxing with a good cup of coffee/tea. A fire pit when the weather is cool.

I'd buy just for that view, despite the renovations. It wouldn't be the first time we would have to renovate.

As the Cantina Turns

WIPs:
Dark Horse
The Misadventure of Abigail Quinn
Abigail Quinn #2
tjwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #88
eqb
I write books

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwriter View Post
I'd buy just for that view, despite the renovations. It wouldn't be the first time we would have to renovate.
Pretty much why we went ahead and offered on the house. The kitchen is a wreck, the bathrooms are 1960s ugly, but the view is amazing. Oh, and imagine you can hear a waterfall from not too far away.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:29 AM   #89
BeatrixKiddo
Is it summer yet???

BeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I agree. Great pics. Looks lovely. So happy for you guys.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:50 PM   #90
Esopha
bam pow zap.

Esopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Finals are in 2 weeks, and then I'm going to France.

*side eyes life*

Eqb, that view is gorgeous! And that pool is lovely. I'm sure it's worth the kitchen and bathroom.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:21 AM   #91
mscelina

Location: Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fudz. Not pie. I do not share pie. EVER.
mscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Lil Squick! where have you been?
Old 02-29-2012, 01:04 AM   #92
BeatrixKiddo
Is it summer yet???

Are we still supposed to be entertaining you?

How are you feeling hon?

I demand an update!
Old 02-29-2012, 05:18 AM   #93
mscelina

Um...I feel like crap.

Yeah. That about sums it up. I've left the severe pain part of recovery and have entered the "Oh, I'd feel better if I could just stand/sit/lie down on my back/side/side and write/edit/clean house without pain/pain/pain." portion of it.

*sigh*

I'd rather have the pain. It's a hell of a lot easier to medicate incision pain than it is to medicate sheer unadulterated boredom. But enough about me--how are you?
Old 02-29-2012, 06:02 AM   #94
Esopha
bam pow zap.

Esopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Lil Squick! where have you been?
At school. But now we're entering finals week(s) and I'm procrastinating. So I decided to stop by here because it's probably more entertaining than my usual methods of procrastination.

I'm sorry you keep having so many back problems. Back injuries are the absolute worst. You can't move or do anything. (Have you tried acupuncture? It helped my dad a lot. Some therapeutic acupuncture after you recover from surgery might prevent future injury?)
Old 02-29-2012, 08:48 AM   #95
mscelina

LMAO--!

Gods love you, child, but if anyone tried to do acupuncture on my spine, all that will be accomplished is a mess of bent needles. Unfortunately, the best case scenario for this surgery is a 40% reduction in pain, maybe 50. This surgery, however, did (hopefully) create a successful fusion to stabilize that broken disc which will prevent the damned thing from causing any more damage.

While in Paris, be sure to start your mornings off at a neighborhood patisserie. Croissants with butter--real butter--dipped into a cup of steaming French coffee is absolute bliss, and only to be bested by dipping said buttered croissant into got chocolate made the REAL way.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:10 AM   #96
Words.Worth

Words.Worth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqb View Post
Thanks! Here's the view from the patio:

Love it! What's that in the river?
Words.Worth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:50 PM   #97
eqb
I write books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words.Worth View Post
Love it! What's that in the river?
I suspect the Loch Ness Monster's younger, smaller cousin.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:38 AM   #98
BeatrixKiddo
Is it summer yet???

Quote:
Um...I feel like crap.

Yeah. That about sums it up. I've left the severe pain part of recovery and have entered the "Oh, I'd feel better if I could just stand/sit/lie down on my back/side/side and write/edit/clean house without pain/pain/pain." portion of it.

*sigh*

I'd rather have the pain. It's a hell of a lot easier to medicate incision pain than it is to medicate sheer unadulterated boredom. But enough about me--how are you?

I know it sucks, but I'd rather you be bored then in severe pain. Continue to be bored and rest. Rest, rest, rest.

Don't you DARE try to clean any portion of the house. Do we need to send someone over to watch you 24/7? Stop it. (Even if you haven't actually attempted that, I know you're thinking about it. Stop that too.)
Old 03-01-2012, 02:56 AM   #99
mscelina

*looks up from dusting*

I'm sorry--what did you say?

Unfortunately, tonight I kind of have to. My daughters are on the way up with the babies--and Addyson is a LITTLE baby--two months old. I have to de-cat hair the living room before they get here.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:00 AM   #100
BeatrixKiddo
Is it summer yet???

Your daughters can "de-cat" hair the living room when they get there. Or at least one of them can while the other watches the babies.

Stop it. You are going to regret it later. You know you always do too much. You need to rest Miss M.

We need another AW member to go over to your house and dust for you. *sends a shout out*