Status
Not open for further replies.

KaiaSonderby

The Little Aspie That Could
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aerodaydreams.livejournal.com
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I didn't know where to post it and I don't know what to do.

Today I received an e-mail that someone was selling one of my stories on Amazon. I went to check, and sure enough, there it is.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005F5Q9PU/?tag=absowrit-20

You can find it written and posted by me, back in 2005, here:

http://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=331340&page=submissions

Here:

http://storiesonline.net/s/45622

And here:

http://original.adultfanfiction.net/story.php?no=31318

What I really want to know is, what do I do about this? I'm absolutely stunned right now and can barely think straight.

Grunkins

Grand adventurer of the couch
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. I have no real advice other than figure out a way to kick his ass.

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
OMG!! {{{HUG}}}

Report it to Amazon immediately, is my first instinct. Send them the link you post above.

Honestly, I'd leave a review/comment saying the work is stolen as well.

And consult an attorney.

But that's just my first instincts; others may have actually been in this situation and have better advice.

Dude, I am so, so sorry this has happened to you. What a thieving scumbag piece of shit.

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
ETA: I think you need to post this link on Twitter. That author sells more than a few stories; how many of them are stolen? IMO you need to get the word out to the erotica community so they can see if their work is there.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's dreadful.

No idea what punishment the thieving git will get if and when they're caught but I hope it's what they deserve.

Sheryl Nantus

Holding out for a Superhero...
Registered
Reaction score
Brownsville, Pennsylvania. Or New Babbage, Second
Website
www.sherylnantus.com
Get on to Amazon and I'd suggest contacting your lawyer. Find Legal Aid if you can and see if they can offer free help.

Sue the offender into oblivion. Amazon can detail how much money he/she's been paid and you can seek compensation.

Get legal advice - contact Writer Beware and see what they can do to help you out.

I've been retweeting the posts and the power of the 'net is a mighty one.

{{{hugs}}}

escritora

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to report it as "inappropriate" because it violates the Kindle Terms of Service, i.e. that the work must be YOUR OWN.

How do we report the book as "inappropriate?"

(This isn't my work and I'm so livid I'm actually shaking!)

KaiaSonderby

The Little Aspie That Could
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aerodaydreams.livejournal.com
Get on to Amazon and I'd suggest contacting your lawyer. Find Legal Aid if you can and see if they can offer free help.

Sue the offender into oblivion. Amazon can detail how much money he/she's been paid and you can seek compensation.

Get legal advice - contact Writer Beware and see what they can do to help you out.

I've been retweeting the posts and the power of the 'net is a mighty one.

{{{hugs}}}

I hope you don't mind me asking, but who do I contact at Writer Beware? I'm sure it's obvious, but right now I'm completely disoriented. So stunned from this.

And thanks, everyone. I don't know what I'd do without the support. Except maybe curl up in a ball and cry. :(

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I have a fair few erotica writers in my Twitter feed, so I've retweeted Stacia's tweet.
I'm absolutely furious on your behalf. That really boils my piss.

Good luck.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
It looks like Robin Scott's been a busy gal - at least two other stories besides brightlyiburn's are also stolen.

quicklime

all out of fucks to give
Banned
Reaction score
It looks like Robin Scott's been a busy gal - at least two other stories besides brightlyiburn's are also stolen.

links?

I found her twitter and I see she offers a new story almost every week....I suppose when you make that sort of promise, some things have to be compromised...like free time, or alternately integrity, actually writing the stuff you're selling, etc......

what a piece of shit.

Sheryl Nantus

Holding out for a Superhero...
Registered
Reaction score
Brownsville, Pennsylvania. Or New Babbage, Second
Website
www.sherylnantus.com
I hope you don't mind me asking, but who do I contact at Writer Beware? I'm sure it's obvious, but right now I'm completely disoriented. So stunned from this.

And thanks, everyone. I don't know what I'd do without the support. Except maybe curl up in a ball and cry. :(

I'd start with Victoria Strauss. You can find her info here: http://www.sfwa.org/for-authors/writer-beware/

If nothing else they can help you spread the word and get this ***** offline.

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
One of the owners of Literotica has tweeted that he's reported the stolen stories to Amazon.

Amadan, what I did was scroll to the bottom of the product screen; on the left there's a block marked "Feedback," and you can report it there. I hope everyone does. :)

SO angry.

The worst part is that after she's busted she'll just create a new Amazon account and do it again. Fucking shithead.

Amadan

Banned
Reaction score
Amadan, what I did was scroll to the bottom of the product screen; on the left there's a block marked "Feedback," and you can report it there. I hope everyone does. :)

That was escritora . What are you, a speciesist? I guess all black waterfowl look alike to you. :p

(That was a joke, btw.)

Lady MacBeth

Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.
Registered
Reaction score
This makes me SO mad. Is there no way Amazon can stop this or do they just not care?

Status
Not open for further replies.