WhizBuzz good or bad?

tengraceapples

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys

Anyone here ever use WhizBuzz to promote a self pub book? Their prices are from 25-45 bucks. Its not expensive but I wanted to know if they are legit. Any help would be welcomed: )

Turndog-Millionaire

Registered
Reaction score
Just taking a look and it seems like a legit set up. I'd be interested in what site numbers whizzbuzz gets though. They mention 80,000 page impressions for the other sub-blog (run by the same guy), but no mention of the whizzbuzz stats (not what i could see anyway)

Seems like a fairly cost effective site though. Have you tried emailing one of the authors from the site? maybe ask them about their experiences and what not?

Matt (Turndog Millionaire)

Quiggs1982

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.maryellenquigley.com
The prices are good, and it looks like quite a few authors are using it. I wonder whether it is actually making a difference in their sales though.

The best way to find out would be to email an author or two from the site. See what their experience has been like.

tengraceapples

Registered
Reaction score
Update: I emailed one of the writers and she said she didnt feel that WhizzBuzz was worth the money. She said that it didnt help her sales. All they did was tweet abt her book once in a while. You should just use there free services. She said goodreads.com was a better way to go

kmccro

Spreading the horror.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kurtmccrohan.com
I was just considering using Whizzbuzz a minute ago, but this thread came up in google, and go figure, I signed up for Absolute Write last night. Lucky me!

Kevin Brennan

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
WhizzBuzz just followed me on Twitter, so I thought I'd drop in here to see what the consensus was on it. Sounds like a case of Get What You Pay For, eh?

sarahdalton

Banned
Reaction score
I think I tried this once and didn't notice any sales.

I should really keep a spreadsheet of all the promos I've used...

euclid

Where did I put me specs?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjtoner.com
me too

I tried this about 2 years ago. Saw no great advantage. Probably a waste of $45.

JJ Toner

Brian P. White

Father, Husband, Soldier, Christian
Registered
Reaction score
UPDATE:
Price went up to $50 bucks now, and ...
What’s Included in the price?

• One Year on Twitter. Whizbuzz sends book posts to Twitter for one year via @whizbuzz and @justpublishing on a regular and rotational basis, which brings ongoing traffic to your book’s post, either directly when it is Tweeted, or by your book appearing in the 12 More Good Reads, which appears under every book post on Whizbuzz. We are now also regularly Tweeting book cover images on our @whizbuzz Twitter account.
  • Your book remains listed on Whizbuzz indefinitely.
  • Your book post will feature on the Top Of Page Slider for a minimum of seven days.
  • Your book is listed on the front page for a minimum of ten days.
  • You can add your book to two ‘Genres’. Please choose from our list of genres on our site.
  • Your book post will be sent out to well over 350,000 book, publishing and writing related Twitter followers on the day of publishing. (Refer to our Twitter accounts below.)
  • Your book will be featured on the Whizbuzz Facebook Page on the day of publication.
  • Your book will be featured on Just Publishing News on the day of publication.
  • Your book is included in our related posts feature, More Good Reads, which features 12 books selected randomly, and ensures your book will be featured rotationally for 12 months on all other Whizbuzz book posts.
  • Your book will be featured rotationally for 12 months in our 100 Book Picks page.
  • Your book will be included in the Whizbuzz Amazon Book Shop for 12 months.
  • You will be listed in the Whizbuzz Author list if you provide a link to your author website.
  • You will be listed in the Whizbuzz Author Blog list if you provide a link to your author blog.
  • Your Whizbuzz book post will be added to Google+ and Stumbleupon.
Our Twitter accounts
The following book and publishing related Twitter accounts, totaling over 350,000 followers, are used to notify Twitter users of new book posts on Whizbuzz. (Follower totals are approximate. Click each link to check current follower totals.)
@whizbuzz 81,000 followers
@Derek_Haines 83,000 followers
@Reader_Writer 23,000 followers
@Indie_Elf 14,000 followers
@Justpublishing 60,000 followers
@Febthe5th 42,000 followers
@Vampireagatha 33,000 followers
Once your book is posted, use it yourself on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Digg or any other social network you have to keep your book buzz ongoing. Whizbuzz posts are also a very useful resource when promoting your own KDP Select ‘free ebook’ days on Amazon.

So what do you need to submit your book?
Please ensure you have the following information ready to complete your submission.

• Your name (or pen name if applicable)
  • Your Paypal name or Paypal email address.
  • Your book title (and subtitle if applicable)
  • ISBN 10 and/or ebook ASIN for inclusion in the Whizbuzz online Amazon Store.
  • Your book description. A well written 200-300 word description of your book. Please do not include links in your book description. Add them to the links section.
  • Your book genres. Select a maximum of 2 genres. Please select from the genres listed on our website only. (Click the Genres tab above to see our list.)
  • Your website address links: Include your website, blog, Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, publisher etc. (Maximum of 4)
  • The website address link to your book on Amazon.
  • Cover image: This is NOT necessary if your book is listed on Amazon. If not, include a .jpg or .png image of your book cover. Minimum size 300 x 450 px.
Please note that we do not promote books with explicit cover images, or book descriptions containing offensive language. Books that are to be listed as Erotica must have book covers and book descriptions that are suitable for a general audience. If you are unsure, please contact us before paying for your submission, with any questions you may have regarding your book’s acceptability.
I have to wonder how Whizbuzz really lets people know beyond occasionally reposting to Twitter. Who would think to seek out this site or stuff like Just Publishing News but authors? Do readers ever look at such sites? I never heard of them before I started looking into advertising.

Last edited: