Have You Seen Her? by Karen Rose

The_Ink_Goddess

we're gonna make it out of the fire
Registered
Reaction score
I'm thinking of a crime novel, quite recent (maybe early 2011?). The main character was a male cop investigating a series of brutal murders in which a series of young women were seduced by a man over the phone (thinking it was a football star, Rudy), and the killer used a drug that made them hallucinate what they feared. They were tattooed and tortured pretty horribly after going to meet this guy in his car. One of his victims was called Sammi (Sammy?).

The male cop had a young son called Nicky, who was traumatised from a kidnapping incident (or something), and his love interest was a young teacher called Jenna, who was another major character. Jenna taught two kids, Rudy and Josh, at school and she thought that Rudy was the killer (he was a schmoozy football star with a big-shot dad), while his brother, Josh, was supposed "slow." In the end, it turned out that *SPOILERS* Josh was the killer and his so-called "slowness" was because of drugs that his parents had given him to suppress his psychopathy, and they figured out that Josh was not 'slow' because of a paper he wrote on Crime & Punishment. In the end, Josh kidnapped Jenna...

I can remember practically everything about this freaking book except the title! Any help?

Pyekett

I need no hot / Words.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Karen Rose, HAVE YOU SEEN HER?