Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Horror
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2012, 12:40 AM   #3826
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

CDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by DL Hegel View Post
Only takes a half hour a day to sit and write, if you do it everyday, you get a lot done.

Congrats on the contest entries. Very cool.
There are forty entries.

Even if that half hour is at midnight?
CDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:10 AM   #3827
TedTheewen
President of the Cray Fan Club

Location: In the Land of Make Believe, where unicorns play and women are attracted to me.
TedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

You are the coolest! I knew you'd come through, you always do!

I'm finally pub'd in paper! July 2014 issue of Infernal Ink Magazine!
TedTheewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:25 AM   #3828
elindsen
Symmetry Baby!

elindsen is better than ice cream with hot fudgeelindsen is better than ice cream with hot fudgeelindsen is better than ice cream with hot fudgeelindsen is better than ice cream with hot fudgeelindsen is better than ice cream with hot fudgeelindsen is better than ice cream with hot fudgeelindsen is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Hi all! Been a few days since I've been on here. Gorgeous day here as well. Like almost 70 and the sun is a shining. Got to admit I haven't been writing as much because I sat outside and had and ice cream
Library
Site

Anais Morgan
Facebook
Library
Blog

Opposite Worlds 12,195/20,000

elindsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:06 AM   #3829
Rhoda Nightingale
Vampire Junkie

Rhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh crap. I completely forgot to give this character a last name. Didn't think I'd need one until this line of dialogue: "Mr. Whittaker, if you want to continue this conversation, then Miss ____ will have to wait outside."

Blog: http://glitter-n-gore.livejournal.com/
Rhoda Nightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:48 AM   #3830
TedTheewen

Location: In the Land of Make Believe, where unicorns play and women are attracted to me.
TedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by elindsen View Post
Hi all! Been a few days since I've been on here. Gorgeous day here as well. Like almost 70 and the sun is a shining. Got to admit I haven't been writing as much because I sat outside and had and ice cream
Ice cream is good. Sometimes, it is needed. The real question is what kind of ice cream was it?

Old 03-15-2012, 04:28 AM   #3831
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

LaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDaniel View Post
There are forty entries.

Even if that half hour is at midnight?
Midnight writing hurts when one gets up not long after. Hell, midnight writing hurts getting up at 6.

Old 03-15-2012, 04:39 AM   #3832
TedTheewen

30 minutes is 30 minutes.

I can't believe how nice is it outside. I cleaned out my car, vaccumed it and cleaned the windows on the inside.

Now it's time for laundry.

Old 03-15-2012, 04:55 AM   #3833
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
And I've gotten caught up in reading all the Western Contest Entries. There are a lot.
THANK YOU.

I mean it.

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
slcboston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:56 AM   #3834
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoda Nightingale View Post
"Mr. Whittaker, if you want to continue this conversation, then Miss ____ will have to wait outside."
Jones

Robinson

Mayfield

Tiddlywinkykins

Not helping?

FleasTwits
Old 03-15-2012, 05:26 AM   #3835
TedTheewen

Heya Bos, how's things?

I'm just heading out to do laundry because I love it that much. But at least I'll have that time to read.

Current reading: Tom Piccirilli -- Thrust.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:38 AM   #3836
AbielleRose
Crazy Cat Lady

AbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Evening hounds.

I'm watching American Idol. Kill me now.

Stained Glass in the Night Blog / Twitter

Among the Stars in Sci Fi/Fantasy SYW
AbielleRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:48 AM   #3837
slcboston
word-slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbielleRose View Post
I'm watching American Idol. Kill me now.
Why?

Clearly you're committing the slowest, most painful form of seppuku known to man already.

FleasTwits
Old 03-15-2012, 05:50 AM   #3838
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

LaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Turn. The. Set. Off. Abby.

Studying the mating habits of pill bugs would be less... more...

Well, it'd be different.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:08 AM   #3839
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Location: A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible things lurk just beneath the surface of reality
FOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Actually, the mating habits of pill bugs are... Never mind.

But they are kinda' interesting. Not so much different from other crustaceans, actually. They have a lot in common with Harvestmen and a few other species. Water dependency is a vital issue in land-dwelling Arthropoda of that size.

Okay, I'll stop. But it's still more interesting than American Idol.
FOTSGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:17 AM   #3840
soapdish
writing

soapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoda Nightingale View Post
Oh crap. I completely forgot to give this character a last name. Didn't think I'd need one until this line of dialogue: "Mr. Whittaker, if you want to continue this conversation, then Miss ____ will have to wait outside."
Thang?

Sorry. I'm not helping either.

I usually open the phone book in situations like this. Then select randomly. (sometimes I cheat though and throw the name back and choose again if I don't like the first one I land on)

soapdish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:19 AM   #3841
slcboston
word-slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapdish View Post
Thang?
Only if she's Southern.

FleasTwits
Old 03-15-2012, 07:26 AM   #3842
TedTheewen

Why would anybody want to watch such garbage?

Turn the tv off and slowly walk away, Abby...seriously.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:43 AM   #3843
soapdish
writing

soapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I don't think I've ever seen an entire episode of American Idol. Maybe a clip here or there.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:44 AM   #3844
slcboston
word-slinger

I watched it when I was in China, because yes, I was that desperate for American television.

FleasTwits
Old 03-15-2012, 07:47 AM   #3845
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

CDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

I usually open the phone book in situations like this. Then select randomly. (sometimes I cheat though and throw the name back and choose again if I don't like the first one I land on)
The local cemetery.

YEAH!

I said the cemetery. Don't judge me
CDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:51 AM   #3846
slcboston
word-slinger

Nothing wrong with the cemetery.

I've taken a few ideas - and a few name - from there myself.

FleasTwits
Old 03-15-2012, 07:52 AM   #3847
soapdish
writing

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post
I watched it when I was in China, because yes, I was that desperate for American television.

That's pretty desperate.

Quote:
The local cemetery.

YEAH!

I said the cemetery. Don't judge me
For selecting names? Dude. Why would we judge you?

That is awesome.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:54 AM   #3848
slcboston
word-slinger

Quote:
That's pretty desperate.
It was like the third season, when it wasn't quite so bad.

Besides, watching Simon snark was fun. For a bit, anyway.

FleasTwits
Old 03-15-2012, 07:56 AM   #3849
dolores haze
ageing savage

dolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I love cemeteries. Love them!
dolores haze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:57 AM   #3850
soapdish
writing

You know what I used to really love to do? Gravestone rubbings. You know, where you put paper down over a headstone and rub charcoal or chalk or even crayons.

I have some really pretty ones from this old cemetery from the area the show Twin Peaks took place in.