Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
First, let me express my :LilLove: and give all our terrific Romance Room regulars and visitors a great big :Hug2:! You guys ROCK!

Next, it's VALENTINE'S DAY! That's something special in the romance community. So, I want to know: What's the most awesome, romantic thing that ever happened to you (or someone you know) on Valentine's Day?

I'll start: When I met my now hubby, we were both really broke. I was working as a waitress in a crappy dive restaurant (read: no tips cause the food sucketh...). Hubby was going to welding school (read: no income other than scholarship money). We'd met the previous September, so it was our first Valentine's. But neither of us had any money.

He invited me over to his house for dinner and made me the most amazing Steak Oscar. It surprised me because most of the ingredients are really expensive (crab, asparagas out of season, and, um...steak. Sort of pricey on a Ramen Noodle budget.) It turned out he had a friend who had gotten an elk the season before and he'd given him a pair of tenderloins. Instead of crab, he'd gone to the river and caught a cutthroat trout and picked the asparagus from a friend's indoor garden. He'd pawned a belt buckle for the butter. :LilLove: Imagine all that work, just to impress little ole' me! It was not only an amazing meal, it was one of the sweetest evenings I'd ever had in my life--obviously, since I still remember it 25 years later. :)

How about all of you? Give us all some inspiration for our WIPs.

Mark W.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Happy Valentines Day, everyone!

When I was dating my future wife, we were working at the same factory. I built computers on the assembly line and on this particular day, she was putting the return totes back onto the line. This means that she would be the next person to get my empty tote once I send it back. So I wrote a "Happy Valentines Day" love note to her and placed it in the tote face-up so she would see it. I followed the tote down the line and got to see her face lightup when she saw it. She keeps the note folded up in her purse to this day, 11 years later.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*Cue the cliche music*

I met my hubby, Mr. Hunny, at church...

... I was an usher and he walked in and I thought he was just the cutest thing I'd ever seen.

He was feeling a bit self-conscious because he didn't know if he was dressed properly.

I told him that he was "just fine," but I'm not sure he got the double meaning. ;)

Long to short,

I directed him to a seat (which just happened to be next to mine) and we've been worshipping together for almost 25 years now. :Hug2:

JustJas

Registered
Reaction score
My other half and I had our very first date the day before Valentine's Day. We worked in the same office and I was completely mortified the next day (Valentine's Day) when he turned up with a big bunch of red roses and chocolates, informing all of our colleagues we were dating.

I told him he was moving way too fast and he told me he knew I was "the one". I thought to myself "yeah right. I'll be surprised if this lasts a month" and 11 years later here we are!

Paul

Banned
Reaction score
Our eyes met across a crowded restaurant. we both immediately looked away, both embarrassed. It was Valentines night after all

But as the night went on we'd both drank more and more. Our tables were separated by a sea of other tables, there was at least thirty feet between us.

Finally I'd had enough. I glanced over, then made a bee-line for the bar. I knocked back a drink and a moment later a voice sounded beside me.

"Mind if I join you?"

I smiled, and nodded to the seat next to mine.

"I'm Paul," I said tenatively.

"You're on your own?"

I nodded. "Stood up."

"Me too"

"Wanna drink"

"Thanks. Thought you'd never ask."

Now, each year, me and David meet every year to reminisce - on Valentines day.

(Only for an hour or two, I'm married now and my wife doesn't like me being out too late.)

elindsen

Zombie lovin'
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.augustkert.blogspot.com
I met my husband online. We actually met on eminem.com. so many things he does are special but probably the best is every day while he's at work he texts me different love notes. Sometimes a simple I love you or I miss you. Sometimes he gets more detailed. May not sound like much but it is to me.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
With my X wife, one year I stopped at the grocery store on the way home from work. I bought a cabbage, baby carrots, radishes and a few other veggies. I then stopped at the flower shop and had them arrange them all into a special arrangements, adding some baby breaths and other things. The flower shop girls thought I was nuts until I also told them I wanted a dozen long stem roses. Once they got the idea they really got into it and made a gorgeous arrangement.

When I got home I took the special arrangement in first and my wife sat there smiling. I handed her the box, kissed her and said Happy Valentines day. I will never forget the look on her face as she pulled the head of decorated cabbage out of the box. Sad. It was truly sad.

"She asked me if I was serious and told her we could have it for dinner the next night."

She just sat there with her mouth open and so I excused myself and went out to the car and carried back the other box with the long stem roses and the Fire Opal bracelet and ear rings I had bought her.

To make a long story short, she went all over the neighborhood to show her friends the unique arrangement I had made for her. I think the roses died within a few days but that damn cabbage gave me gas for a week. And the neighbors all called me cabbage man and a few husband cursed me because now they had to think up something original for the next year. hehehe...

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
^ Lurve it, Cabbage Man! :)

amrose

is Envy Augustine
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My guy and I have a tradition on V-Day. We don't go out. He gets us two steaks, some potatos and mushrooms which he sautees and we actually sit down together and eat.

May seem weird but we share a tiny one bedroom and there's no room for a dining set, so when we eat it's typically on the couch and not at the same time. For V-Day we rearrange the kitchen a bit and sit on opposite sides of the partition between the kitchen and living room.

He always gives me the living room side :)

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
We always have some kind of glitch on V. Day, so it never goes quite right, but as long as he has a job, he gets me roses and usually candy and usually a stuffed bear. Sometimes we get out to dinner, sometimes with a movie, too. We can't do anything romantic at home because of our roommate.

Any Valentine's Day is better than our first - he broke up with me because of peer pressure from his friends at the time.

If I ever want a perfect romantic evening, I'll have to arrange it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.