Call for Submissions for the 2012 AW Erotica Anthology

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
The anthology is closed to submissions. THANK YOU ALL!

Last edited:

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Nope, didn't miss anything! The votes seem to have settled, and we're ready to get this thing started! There's almost two months to deadline, so get writing!

:D

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank goodness for the long time frame in which to complete this. I'm a lot of things, but a fast writer is not among them.

Maryn, poky little puppy

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Glad to see such enthusiasm for the project!

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations for all that are taking on this task.

I need to see what I can come up with. :D

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations for all that are taking on this task.

I need to see what I can come up with. :D

Syn! I've been missing you around the bordello, my dear. So glad you are here today! :)

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
I don't get on here as much as I used to.

Hell, I practically 'lived' on here not that long ago. :)

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Just wanted to check something...

At this point, I'm the scrubber, sort of the middle-person. I don't know who the judges are just yet, but I was wondering about formats.

For me to do my job, I need .doc or .docx formats - not .pdf or Apple-specific file types. PDF is a pain in the butt, and I don't have a Mac, so there you go.

But at this point it's impossible for me to know if the judges can read both .doc and .docx. I know some publishers out there specify .doc, so maybe just to be safe, submissions should be in .doc above any other format?

Any thoughts on that?

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
doc or docx are fine. If anyone has trouble opening the files, I can fix it.

tedi.s

Demigods, wolves, & Vamps... Oh my!
Registered
Reaction score
If someone has an issue saving them, they can select to use RTF. that is what we used in the office since half was Mac and half PC. Writers used PC and design used Mac. We just saved it that way and pretty much anyone can open it no issues.

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
One quick questionTwo questions... Will these be in print, or electronic release only... And do we get a copy of the final product (hard copy if in print, soft if electronic)?

We don't know yet; it depends. And YES! We will make sure everyone gets a copy who contributes.

Wait what, no incest? -_-

Sorry. It's a big no-no for most of the major players in erotic epub, and we'd like to keep our publication options open for when we get this compiled.

There is nothing wrong with incest as a kink, but including it would significantly narrow our options, and we want to do the best we can both for the anthology and for AW (by the proceeds).

sunandshadow

Impractical Fantasy Animal
Registered
Reaction score
Website
home.comcast.net
Sorry. It's a big no-no for most of the major players in erotic epub, and we'd like to keep our publication options open for when we get this compiled.

There is nothing wrong with incest as a kink, but including it would significantly narrow our options, and we want to do the best we can both for the anthology and for AW (by the proceeds).
That... wasn't how I interpreted what "we" want. I was assuming that since the general desire is to do this for a good cause, fighting censorship in our field is about the best cause we could pick.

But, probably it won't end up mattering for me personally. It somehow hadn't occurred to me that to participate in an anthology I'd have to actually write something _short_, which has always been challenging for me. I'm going to try, but, eh, we'll see. Speaking of trying to write things for this anthology, though, could we have a stickied thread within the erotica SYW where the judges would stay out but the rest of us could brainstorm together and crit each others' stuff before submitting the stories to be judged?

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't see any reason you couldn't use Erotica - SYW and in your subject line say "Judges Stay Out" or something similar. They will, I'm sure, because they'll try to be fair and not introduce any bias for who likes or dislikes who or any of that sort of thing, just judge the works on their merits.

Maryn, about to head out