Warcraft Series

Charging Boar

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys, a quick forum search for warcraft just gave me a gaming section thread about World of Warcraft. I was wondering if anyone else read and enjoyed the books as much as I did?

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys, a quick forum search for warcraft just gave me a gaming section thread about World of Warcraft. I was wondering if anyone else read and enjoyed the books as much as I did?

I read the first couple of books when I was a Warcraft addict and they were enjoyable. I liked the how they went behind the scenes with my favorite characters. I do recommend them for readers who love Warcraft, but they're not literary masterpieces.

bearilou

DenturePunk writer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
yawping barbarically over the roofs of the world
I read the first couple of books when I was a Warcraft addict and they were enjoyable. I liked the how they went behind the scenes with my favorite characters. I do recommend them for readers who love Warcraft, but they're not literary masterpieces.

Same. I was disappointed in Arthas: Rise of the Lich King, though. It read like some angsty teen drama.

I liked a lot of the earlier ones though. I saw Vol'jin's book out in Walmart and am very tempted to pick it up.

Lissibith

On target
Registered
Reaction score
I'm torn on the books I've read. Some of them were pretty okay, expanding the universe and exploring the characters in a well-writeen and interesting way.

But some of them left me actively regretting the time I spent reading them. A few (by one author in particular, sadly) felt like they were cribbing uncreatively from ye olde list of fantasy cliches and stapling on Warcraft names, and at least one got so heavy-handed with my favorite character from the game and the comics that I literally threw it across a room.

However, I suppose that it says something that despite my massive disappointment in several of the Warcraft books I've read, I continue to pick them up now and then.