Angry Robot Books 2 month open sub!!

Taran

Registered
Reaction score
Website
onelastsketch.wordpress.com
That's about as good as rejections get - was that just off your partial or had they already asked for a full?

That was off my partial, though the editor said it was a really hard decision not to go for the full. The R was really quite complimentary, and an incentive to start writing that second novel already.

MLMarquardt

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like about as good a rejection as it's possible to get. Commiserations and congratulations, Taran.

GeoWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, congratulations and commisserations, Taran. A step up the stairway to publication.

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
That was off my partial, though the editor said it was a really hard decision not to go for the full. The R was really quite complimentary, and an incentive to start writing that second novel already.

Must be a bit frustrating to come that close but an invite to sub directly to the editor in the future is fantastic!

loki76

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to hear, Taran, though the editor must have liked what he read so that's something.

Aquarianhelix

Registered
Reaction score
Nice to see one of Angry Robot's novels getting shortlisted for the Arthur C Clarke award... but then they've been having a good year all round this year! So any one of us could... well, it's nice to dream!

MLMarquardt

Registered
Reaction score
It think it might be a sign that they're extremely busy. We may be waiting a while. Hope I'm wrong :).

DrFaerieGodmother

Villainy is merely an issue of POV.
Registered
Reaction score
Work on something else. It will preserve your sanity.

This would assume that we have sanity to be preserved...

On the other hand, yeah, the silence wore me down, so I wrote another book. Now off to revise!

PeteMC

@PeteMC666
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
talonwraith.wordpress.com
I haven't heard either, but as I said earlier it was six months last time so I'm not expecting to for a while yet.

DrFaerieGodmother

Villainy is merely an issue of POV.
Registered
Reaction score
Nothing here. Though, I did see that Amanda tweeted about loading up her kindle with submissions before getting on a plane to a Writer's conference in the US. So maybe soonish. (But also maybe not, too many variables to make anything more than guesses).

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
Just checked in to see if there had been any news. I see I'm in good company in the waiting room.

loki76

Registered
Reaction score
I have not heard anything. Hope others have had some good news.