- Joined
- Jan 19, 2011
- Messages
- 2,236
- Reaction score
- 374
- Location
- Rain-swept dystopia.
- Website
- www.fivesquids.co.uk
I see a lot of people railing against the inclusion of Quiltbag folks (and POC and women and disabled people and anyone else, really) unless it is 'relevant to the plot'.
I don't understand it. Straight white characters never have to justify their existence in the plot.
I hereby promise that I will shoehorn in as many unjustified QUILTBAG and POC characters as I can possibly get away with. No straight white guys unless they are necessary to the plot
.
My stories aren't really quiltbag stories. They are stories about QUILTBAG people. We have adventures outside of our 'other' status.
I don't understand it. Straight white characters never have to justify their existence in the plot.
I hereby promise that I will shoehorn in as many unjustified QUILTBAG and POC characters as I can possibly get away with. No straight white guys unless they are necessary to the plot
My stories aren't really quiltbag stories. They are stories about QUILTBAG people. We have adventures outside of our 'other' status.
