Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2006, 08:09 PM   #1
SallyD
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

SallyD is on a distinguished road
Funny Fake Names You've Heard

Ok, so let's be immature here...When I was in the 8th grade, the boy I had a huge crush on wrote "Max E. Pad" on the name space on his book cover. I thought that this was the most brilliant play on words ever!

I'm also fond of Anita Bath and Amanda Huggenkiss.
SallyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:15 PM   #2
robeiae
AW's Foremost Intellectual (AWFI)

robeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Mike Hunt.

Learning to run, T'ai Chi style--blogging about running and Eastern philosophy
Ponds of Happenstance--blogging about politics, economics, and history
Sailor on the Ponds--tweeting about everything

A unanimous SCOTUS smackdown on Presidential power-grabbing...or is it?

Breathing during a run: find your center and run from within
More on the Altra Zero Drop shoe
robeiae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:21 PM   #3
Jcomp
"Upgrade your gray matter"- Deltron

Jcomp is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJcomp is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJcomp is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJcomp is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJcomp is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJcomp is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJcomp is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJcomp is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJcomp is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJcomp is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJcomp is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Joey Jo Jo Shabadoo.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:26 PM   #4
cool_st_elizabeth
Last person who isn't on Facebook

cool_st_elizabeth is on a distinguished road
Ivy Drip, Angie O'Plasty, Ann Swer, Noah Fence.
cool_st_elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:28 PM   #5
Shadow_Ferret
Did I do that?

Shadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The Law Firm of Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe.

“I love words but I don’t like strange ones. You don’t understand them and they don’t understand you. Old words is like old friends, you know ‘em the minute you see ‘em.” -- Will Rogers

"Blame it on my ADD, baby." -- AWOLNATION
Shadow_Ferret is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:32 PM   #6
ChunkyC
It's hard being green

ChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Buddy of my brother actually signed up for a new phone and gave this name, which they dutifully put in the phone book.

Heywood Jablomi.

Stories of Strength
My listing in the Absolute Write Library.
Support the Author Advocate Defense Fund

ChunkyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:33 PM   #7
aghast
practical experience, FTW

aghast is well-respected
Haywood Jablome. Ooops great minds think alike I also like Matt Trez.
aghast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:33 PM   #8
robeiae

robeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_Ferret
The Law Firm of Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe.
http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/txn/PressR...er_sen_pr.html

Rob

Old 03-02-2006, 08:46 PM   #9
tiny
riding the sun

Location: Southern California between the Desert and the Mountains
tiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Robeiae. It's just so freaking annoying to spell. Oh, you said funny. I thought you said irritating.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:52 PM   #10
robeiae

It's not 'fake'...

Old 03-02-2006, 08:59 PM   #11
tiny
riding the sun

Location: Southern California between the Desert and the Mountains
tiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Not funny either....
Old 03-02-2006, 09:14 PM   #12
robeiae

Old 03-02-2006, 09:15 PM   #13
NeuroFizz
The grad students did it

NeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hugh G. Rection, and his next door neighbors, the Lingus twins, Connie and Anna.
Agnes Hahn (Psychological Suspense 2008) Medallion Press Silver Medal, 2009 IPPY awards, Horror category
Imola (Sequel to Agnes Hahn 2009) - Medallion Press
3.99 (Psychological Suspense/Mystery 2012) - Musa 2014 EPIC e-book awards Finalist, Paranormal category
NeuroFizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 09:15 PM   #14
JoeEkaitis
Resident Corning Ware junkie

Location: A wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. Well, OK, a little podunk town in SoCal.
JoeEkaitis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoeEkaitis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoeEkaitis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoeEkaitis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoeEkaitis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoeEkaitis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoeEkaitis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoeEkaitis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoeEkaitis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoeEkaitis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sometimes, real names are better than fakes.
JoeEkaitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 09:19 PM   #15
Shadow_Ferret
Did I do that?

Shadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hey! Leave Dick Trickle out of this. He was a good old boy from my home state.

“I love words but I don’t like strange ones. You don’t understand them and they don’t understand you. Old words is like old friends, you know ‘em the minute you see ‘em.” -- Will Rogers

Old 03-02-2006, 09:19 PM   #16
oswann
Grumpy

Location: In some smarty pants place like everyone else writes under their avatar
oswann has a double-platinum reputationoswann has a double-platinum reputationoswann has a double-platinum reputationoswann has a double-platinum reputationoswann has a double-platinum reputationoswann has a double-platinum reputationoswann has a double-platinum reputation
A kid in my school was called Wayne King and his father's name was Joe.

I taught the youngest of three brothers whose name was Eddie. No problem but his brothers were John and Ken. Still no problem? John, Ken, Eddie. Say it fast.

And this time I'm actually serious

Os.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:20 PM   #17
Shadow_Ferret
Did I do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oswann
A kid in my school was called Wayne King and his father's name was Joe.

I taught the youngest of three brothers whose name was Eddie. No problem but his brothers were John and Ken. Still no problem? John, Ken, Eddie. Say it fast.

And this time I'm actually serious

Os.
Um. I don't get it.

Old 03-02-2006, 09:25 PM   #18
ChunkyC
It's hard being green

ChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Took me a sec, but: John Kennedy.

Stories of Strength
My listing in the Absolute Write Library.
Support the Author Advocate Defense Fund

ChunkyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 09:29 PM   #19
robeiae

It would be funnier if they had sisters named Did, Mary, and Lynn.

Rob

Old 03-02-2006, 09:50 PM   #20
NeuroFizz
The grad students did it

NeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Many moons ago, back in the 70's or 80's, I think, National Lampoon had an issue that was a spoof on a high school yearbook. They had fake play-on-word names throughout, if I remember correctly. I don't have the time to search for it this afternoon (I have to teach). Anyone?
Agnes Hahn (Psychological Suspense 2008) Medallion Press Silver Medal, 2009 IPPY awards, Horror category
Imola (Sequel to Agnes Hahn 2009) - Medallion Press
3.99 (Psychological Suspense/Mystery 2012) - Musa 2014 EPIC e-book awards Finalist, Paranormal category
NeuroFizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 10:03 PM   #21
Jens22
The Trolley is Out There

Jens22 leaves trails of profuse coolnessJens22 leaves trails of profuse coolnessJens22 leaves trails of profuse coolnessJens22 leaves trails of profuse coolnessJens22 leaves trails of profuse coolness
Bertha Christ.

Jens22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 10:05 PM   #22
Shadow_Ferret
Did I do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robeiae
It would be funnier if they had sisters named Did, Mary, and Lynn.

Rob
Gah! I'm just awful at this stuff!

Old 03-02-2006, 10:42 PM   #23
BlackCrowesChick
Uptown Girl

BlackCrowesChick is a shiny, shiny jewelBlackCrowesChick is a shiny, shiny jewel
I used to prank the operator with stuff like this:

Ella Fino
Emma Roids
Seymour Butts
Hugh Jass
Ben Dover

Last edited by BlackCrowesChick; 03-02-2006 at 10:43 PM. Reason: adding
BlackCrowesChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 10:55 PM   #24
AdamH
Pumped Up Kicks

AdamH is a glorious beacon of lightAdamH is a glorious beacon of lightAdamH is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeEkaitis
Sometimes, real names are better than fakes.

Yes. Better indeed. Check out the Funny Name Server. http://www.funnyname.com/

AdamH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:08 PM   #25
jackie106
practical experience, FTW

jackie106 has a spectacular aurajackie106 has a spectacular aura
Jacques Sweat
Kareem Pye
Anita Bath
jackie106 is offline   Reply With Quote