Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Mainstream/Contemporary/Literary
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2006, 07:27 AM   #1
pdr
Banned

pdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
International Postage

Not sure where to post this Jen, but it keeps on coming up so maybe you can Sticky it!

If you are having problems buying IRCs (Internationsl Reply Coupons) or don't like the huge price charged for them then you can buy stamps for these countries at these websites:

U.K. The Royal Mail: www.royalmail.com (Sheets of 100 only for 30.)
USA. The US Postal Service: www.usps.com (20 airmail stamps for $9.60)
N.Z. New Zealand Post: www.nzpost.co.nz (prepaid envelopes or stamps)
O.Z. Australia Post: www.auspost.com.au (prepaid envelopes or stamps)

Please add to the list.
pdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 07:35 AM   #2
JenNipps
Have you JHS today?

JenNipps is better than ice cream with hot fudgeJenNipps is better than ice cream with hot fudgeJenNipps is better than ice cream with hot fudgeJenNipps is better than ice cream with hot fudgeJenNipps is better than ice cream with hot fudgeJenNipps is better than ice cream with hot fudgeJenNipps is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Thanks for this, pdr. I split it from the Markets thread and made it its own. Now it's stuck.

"Giving yourself permission to create and to do the worst frees you to do what you want. You can evaluate the results later." (from "Permission," Devoted to Creating)
JenNipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:17 PM   #3
SpiderGal
Princess of Nerds

SpiderGal is a shiny, shiny jewelSpiderGal is a shiny, shiny jewel
Thanks a bunch, pdr. I didn't new you could buy foreign stamps on the internet. IRCs are pretty damn expensive. Thanks again!
SpiderGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:02 AM   #4
Rena Andra
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Rena Andra is on a distinguished road
Hi ya'll. I tried to order US stamps. I live in Canada, and apparently they won't ship them here. I couldn't see myself having an account with a private company, which wants to bill a credit card monthly, just to get three stamps! So, I work in service, and today, just for a joke, asked a US client if she had any US stamps. She looked quickly for the fangs in my ears, as she couldn't see a second head. No, she had no stamps. Canada Post won't use them on her letters home. I may have to drive three hundred miles, walk across the border, and another thirty miles, to a post office, where I would spend less than two dollars for three bloody stamps! Any other suggestions?
RA
Rena Andra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:10 AM   #5
Rena Andra

LOL I got three stamps! I came into contact with a hot basket of chicken today, and was right out of sorts. A nice elderly lady said to me, "We have ranch sauce in the United States!" I was in pain, weary, and just had it. I said to her very kindly, "Yes Ma'am, and you have stamps for the mail there too, don't you!" Then she cracks up laughing, and told me she keeps those in her checkbook. Of course the pain dissolved momentarily, and I said if she could whip out three of them, I'd give her a gallon of ranch dressing! I got my three stamps, and her husband stood smirking the whole two minutes.
RA
Old 07-17-2008, 08:57 AM   #6
pdr
Banned

pdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspdr is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I don't know why...

but the US post office on line now no longer deals with stamps for those of us not living in the US.

Anti-terrorist? Plain incompetence? I don't know but it is a pain. I trade stamps with a couple of Americans.
pdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:29 AM   #7
Rena Andra

Yes, it must be something like that. It was rather funny. I can just imagine this lady, when she gets home, and goes out for lunch with the ladies. "This crazy Canadian broad extorted stamps out of me with ranch dressing..."
Oh well. She'll never forget my expression, I'm sure.
RA
Old 07-24-2008, 02:57 AM   #8
IceCreamEmpress
Hapless Virago

IceCreamEmpress is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIceCreamEmpress is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIceCreamEmpress is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIceCreamEmpress is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIceCreamEmpress is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIceCreamEmpress is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIceCreamEmpress is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIceCreamEmpress is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIceCreamEmpress is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIceCreamEmpress is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIceCreamEmpress is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Canada Post wants folks to use International Reply Coupons, not mess around with US stamps. It makes the mail-processing easier from their end.
IceCreamEmpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:23 AM   #9
Rena Andra

Yeah well, just remember, carry ranch sauce for bait, and the authoritarian posties can bite me! lol Okay, it was just a surprise to have to go through hell to get a few stamps!
RA