Psst, new people, and not-so-new people... in short, everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

whistlelock

Whiskey Rebel
Registered
Reaction score
Somehow I ended up in Fort Worth. Dunno how that h
Honestly, a little too much black.

I wanted to like it, but it drags in the middle. I didn't want to say it, but there it is.

I think if we cut down the second act, throw in some Ninjas or giant spider we'll have something.

Thanks.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
What if we had a jumbo jet crash into an aircraft carrier, and then all the jets on the carrier exploded, too, whistle? Too much?

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I didn't make it to the part about changing my password. Would someone mind doing it for me?

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Pardon the bit of a hijack, but I felt inspired....

Jerry Bruckheimer's office, his phone rings....

"Hello?"

"Jerry baby!"

"Who is this?"

"It's me, we met outside your office a couple of weeks ag--"

"How did you get this number?"

"You gave it to me, Jerry."

"You -- you're the s.o.b. that lifted my wallet!"

"That's not important. Listen, I've got a great idea for your next picture."

"My secretary is calling the police."

"It's about this aircraft carrier, and a jumbo jet that ... that's running out of fuel ... yeah, that's it! This jumbo runs out of gas and needs a place to land but it's out over the middle of the ocean and the only thing near enough is the aircraft carrier."

"You can't land a jumbo jet on an aircraft carrier."

"So what? This is Hollywood. We can do whatever we want, we got CGI."

"The audience won't buy it for a second."

"Sure they will! Just cast Sandler as the Admiral running the boat."

"A carrier is called a ship."

"Whatever. Just sign Sandler and it'll be huge, Jerry baby!"

"You're insane. Sandler as an Admiral is even more outrageous than landing a 747 on an aircraft carrier."

JB hears the faint sound of sirens on the other end of the line....

"Listen, Jerry, I gotta run. Remember: Sandler. Big plane. Big boat. I'll be in touch...."

Last edited:

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
These are some of my favorite parts. I wish everyone would read them, even the people who won't bother to click on the link and read the rest.
QUOTING ENTIRE MESSAGES: If you want to show what you're responding to, you can use the "quote" function. However, unless the original message is about a sentence long, PLEASE TRIM DOWN the parts between the [ QUOTE ] and [ /QUOTE ] tags. We don't need to read the same post we already read. Just quote the relevant line or two if you need to show what you're responding to, and erase the rest of it.

GO EASY ON THE PICTURES: It slows down the site and uses up our bandwidth, so please don't post pictures (especially large or animated ones) just for the heck of it.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Yes, I really like the newbie message doohickey-thing. I try not break the unspoken rules.

I just wanna remind everyone that the first trimester is when the hormones are raging up and down as the lil develops the framework for the rest of development. As such, Mommy feels a little up and down, so we should all be on our best behavior to make this time as easy for her. If you can't do that, come back in 2 1/2 months to give yourself plenty of clearance.

Of course, at about the 8th month mark, Mommy isn't going to be feeling so swell again, as she will be ready for that lil bundle to come popping out. I will suggest again then that we all refrain from making her time a difficult one.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Jean Marie said:
Sandler would be terrible for that role
Of course he'd be terrible, that's the point. :)

Just like writing is the point of this site, which is why I thought I'd try some. ;)

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
ChunkyC said:

Just like writing is the point of this site, which is why I thought I'd try some. ;)
When did you grow horns? On a worm...

I think it's a perfect set of guidelines that Jenna wrote. And it covers everything. I also think it's for everyone and should say so in the title. And maybe in a place easily noticed/found. Kudo's for it being done.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
ChunkyC said:

I could write a lovely story just by using your avatar for inspiration. Spooky stuff there mate.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
SpookyWriter said:
I could write a lovely story just by using your avatar for inspiration. Spooky stuff there mate.

Ditto for your avatar, Spooky. It could be the inspiration for a horror story.

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
SpookyWriter said:
Spooky, if you promise to change your damn avatar to something--anything other than that Michael Jackson look-a-like, I will do some crits. Really, I will.

Go ahead and write a lovely short or brief, I don't care. Change that ugly thang...

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
I tried to change my title to "Freaky genius, it's said." It reverted to "Board fanatic." Evidently the software here has good judgment.

If I go back to "Dances with words," can I keep that one?

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
How weird, Reph. I'll check into your settings.

TJ, I feel slightly less homicidal today than a couple of days ago. But I make no guarantees that it'll last. ;)

Jean, I'm thinking I'll put a link on the top of the board, soon as I take down the "IF YOU REGISTERED AFTER MAY 23" notation in another day or two. There are still just a few more things I keep wanting to add to the guide, but they're more complicated things.

Whistle, Mac, and CC: I do hope post 5 will please you. (Freaks.)

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Jean Marie said:
Spooky, if you promise to change your damn avatar to something--anything other than that Michael Jackson look-a-like, I will do some crits. Really, I will.

Go ahead and write a lovely short or brief, I don't care. Change that ugly thang...
But my avatar represents how I perceive the world at this moment in my life.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
How very weird. Your permissions were specifically set not to allow you to have a custom title, reph. Fixed it.

This board's more idiosyncratic than my old Chevy Blazer.

Status
Not open for further replies.