ktcraig.com

Last edited:

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
Yes, yes. I received it today and was going to ask if anyone else did. Weird. I love how it states he came across my online writer's profile. I wonder if he is on this forum collecting random profile information.

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
robeiae said:
I never get spam.

*sigh*
I haven't gotten this particular spam, yet. However, when I do, I'll be sure and forward it to you, Rob. Hate to see ya left out :Hug2: Want the ones from my Nigerian uncle, too? Dutch lottery? Better invest in this, or else? Sign here, or else? Just lemme know :tongue

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
KTC said:
I wonder if somehow somebody is getting info from this site and spamming all of us? Moderators?

I'll steer some folks more internet-savvy than I over in this direction. I haven't received it myself.

Fahim

Mad coder, lazy writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.farook.org
quidscribis said:
And now Fahim's threatening to use his mod powers to delete that post. All because he wanted to post a "Me,too!" :tongue Take that, Fahim! :tongue :tongue

Boy, some people believe anything you tell 'em :p But yes, I received the same message but what I find interesting is the fact that he used my GMail addy (the one I usually mention in forum posts) and not my domain e-mail address which is listed both on my site and on my AW profile. So somebody might (and I only say might since I don't have proof) be going through the posts here and culling e-mail addrresses from our posts.

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
quidscribis said:
And now Fahim's threatening to use his mod powers to delete that post. All because he wanted to post a "Me,too!" :tongue Take that, Fahim! :tongue :tongue

Laurie, about those threats of Fahim's, I don't think his mod powers extend outside his own forum. I'm just saying.

Fahim

Mad coder, lazy writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.farook.org
Birol said:
Laurie, about those threats of Fahim's, I don't think his mod powers extend outside his own forum. I'm just saying.

LOL, as I said, some people believe anything you tell 'em :p

TwentyFour

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I got one like it, but I'm about sure it was someone else...not Blake Moody...or was it?

Well I also get them from a bunch more...usually they say they know I am working on my first novel and they hope to see it soon in email or on their desk...

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Couldn't have directly gotten e-mail addresses from here-- check out what happens when you click on someone's profile and try to e-mail them. It takes you to a form, doesn't show you their address. The e-mail address you used to sign up here is protected. If a person uses the form, then the e-mail you get says it was sent through AW, so you know whose screen name it came from and we know who to ban. We've had spammers who've done that.

But we also had at least one spammer before who actually went through at least 100 profiles here and followed links to their home pages and copied their e-mails from there.

whistlelock

Whiskey Rebel
Registered
Reaction score
Somehow I ended up in Fort Worth. Dunno how that h
JennaGlatzer said:
But we also had at least one spammer before who actually went through at least 100 profiles here and followed links to their home pages and copied their e-mails from there.
wow, that is dedication to spaming. I hope he got a raise, or a promotion, or at least a free Ipod out of it.

whistlelock

Whiskey Rebel
Registered
Reaction score
Somehow I ended up in Fort Worth. Dunno how that h
and I totally didn't get this spam.

which kinda leaves me feeling left out. oddly.

I guess I'll have to be satisfied with the other 193 pieces of spam that I got involving larger penis size, free meds, catholic singles, penis size, christian singles, free meds, cash card from Ivan, increasing my penis size.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
I got it, but it's weird. Mine was addressed to "kiskadee aruna". I have a blog under the name of kiskadee and I sometimes post on Miss Snark under that name. I have never called myself kiskadee on AW, and never called myself Aruna on the blog, in fact, I haven't even kept up th eblog, it was created when the site was down and the only entries are about the Barbara Bauer thing. I did reveal the Aruna connection on comments threads to other blogs, such as Dawno's.
But this shows that the person found me through Blogger primarily. NOTHING on AW connects me to Kiskadee. For somebody to make the Kiskadee Aruna connection takes some sleuthing.

Last edited:

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Yes I received his spam, and it really annoyed me too. I'm sick to death of spammers. Not too sure where he got the email address he used, but I don't have a website or a blog for him to cull it from.

Might send a few words back telling him exactly what I think of his crappy spam.

Mac H.

Board Visitor
Registered
Reaction score
JennaGlatzer said:
Couldn't have directly gotten e-mail addresses from here--
Perhaps not, but the company that is spamming people is very proud of your support - see http://www.absolutewrite.com/novels/everything.htm for the review of their series.
(They point to it on their page: http://www.bestsellingauthor.com/page.asp?PageID=4 )

The spam is below:

To: [Email Address]
Subject: Your book [Book Title]

[Person's Name],

I found your book, [Book Title], and wanted to share valuable information with you to help you identify and overcome every obstacle and become part of the elite group of best-selling authors.

Visit our website at www.TrademarksPublicity.com to learn more.

If you are interested write me back. I would also like to send you a free article about "Energy Management for Writers", discussing "Six easy ways to boost your energy and ignite your creativity."

Blake Moody
[email protected]

Best quote from the website:
Everything You Need to Know to Become a Best-Selling Author

10 comprehensive CDs with all the steps to write a book, get it published and market it successfully ...

Whether you're already a published author or want to write your first book, you'll learn the realities of publishing—the "dirty little secrets" no one wants to tell you. (This knowledge can save you YEARS of heartache!)

Does AW have a policy of supporting spammers or not supporting them ? Perhaps AW can preface the review with "As of July 2006, this series is now being marketed through an email SPAM campaign. If you object to SPAM, then please do NOT use this product. Absolute Write has a policy of not supporting SPAMMERS."

Mac

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
aadams73 said:
Yes I received his spam, and it really annoyed me too. I'm sick to death of spammers. Not too sure where he got the email address he used, but I don't have a website or a blog for him to cull it from.

Might send a few words back telling him exactly what I think of his crappy spam.

He may think he's very clever but think of the time and energy it took to find out my email - only to have the message deleted in half a second after I recognised it as spam. NOT a good investment.

Last edited:

ATP

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
I would venture to say, that if he has gone to all this trouble, and only 100 or less people have been contacted, after all the work he's gone to, then i would say he ain't a spammer. Or an extremely hard working one. Most e-mail addresses are gathered by spiders which roam the internet. This chap appears to have used his own sweat and toil. Not exactly what you would call a spammer. Instead, you are all priviledged!!

Status
Not open for further replies.