Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Mystery/Thriller/Suspense
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2012, 11:50 PM   #526
MikeG
Writing Crap Every Day

MikeG is on a distinguished road
Hey, I got lucky! Five Star Mysteries has bought my first book, Josh Whoever.
A Study in Detail, 66k word cozy in beta read
MikeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:57 PM   #527
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

heyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
That's not luck, that's skill. Congratulations, my friend!

Love the title, btw. Keep us posted, I can't wait to read it!
heyjude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:21 AM   #528
Ken Hoss
Work in progress

Ken Hoss has a golden reputationKen Hoss has a golden reputationKen Hoss has a golden reputationKen Hoss has a golden reputationKen Hoss has a golden reputationKen Hoss has a golden reputation
Quote:

Congrats, MikeG!

Like HJ said, it's not luck, it's skill!

Available on Amazon - Kindle and Paperback

Ken Hoss - Author

WIP - The Riverwalk Murders (16838/85000)
WIP - Mercenary Road - Angola Dawn(1423/90000)
WIP - Prequel to Kelli Storm Novels (untitled) (461/100000)
Bobby Wilkens and the Christmas Wish (Short Story - 292/5000)
Ken Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:17 PM   #529
Sassy3421
Plotting murder..most of the time

Sassy3421 has earned our admirationSassy3421 has earned our admirationSassy3421 has earned our admirationSassy3421 has earned our admiration
Congrats MikeG!

Twitter

Watch the book trailer for ELEVEN here

My Books
Amazon US
Amazon UK
Amazon France
Amazon Germany

Sassy3421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:46 PM   #530
MikeG
Writing Crap Every Day

Ken, Jude, if I say it's skill, then I'll have to blame my lack of skill if the next doesn't sell.

I'll call it luck, but I'll recognize that luck is what happens if you get your butt in the chair every morning at 5:30 when you'd rather be sleeping.

Luck or skill--or both-- it's sure easier getting up early these days. I'll take the high while I've got it.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:25 PM   #531
muse
standing on head, typing one-handed...

muse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Ken, Jude, if I say it's skill, then I'll have to blame my lack of skill if the next doesn't sell.

I'll call it luck, but I'll recognize that luck is what happens if you get your butt in the chair every morning at 5:30 when you'd rather be sleeping.

Luck or skill--or both-- it's sure easier getting up early these days. I'll take the high while I've got it.
Wise words, MikeG.

Congratulations on selling your first book.
muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:04 AM   #532
jeseymour
practical experience, FTW

jeseymour is a glorious beacon of lightjeseymour is a glorious beacon of lightjeseymour is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Congrats. I just had a near miss with them. Acquiring editor loved it, but it was shot down at the very top.
Stress Fractures - Kevin Markinson, injured escaping from prison, taken hostage with a teenage boy and surrounded by law enforcement, discovers that everybody has a breaking point.

Last edited by jeseymour; 02-01-2012 at 01:04 AM. Reason: spelling
jeseymour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:29 AM   #533
Alessandra Kelley
Sophipygian
AW Moderator

Alessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Hoss View Post
Check out the latest 5 Star review for Storm Rising - A Kelli Storm Novel.

http://kenhoss.blogspot.com/p/reviews.html

Very nice!

Quote:
Well done and congratulations!

My husband, Richard Garfinkle (who is normally an sff writer) just published his first mystery as an ebook. Unknowable Death has some fantasy elements (in that you don't know if the narrator is wandering through alternate realities or has gone mad) and plays with the multiple meanings of mystery.

Alessandra Kelley, Fine Art, Illustration, and Egg Tempera Instruction
"Confessions of a Postmodern Pre-Raphaelite" -- my blog
Alessandra Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:11 PM   #534
GailD
Hoarding commas,

GailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Hoss View Post
Thanks, everyone. It was fun and I met some great people, even another local author.

There are pics posted on my blog, Gail.
I saw! Great stuff! And hang on to those spares. When it takes off (as it will) you'll need every copy you can lay your hands on.

Congrats, Mike G. Way to go!

Alessandra, your illustrations are beautiful. *notes details in case my ms ever becomes a book* Congrats to your hubby too. Nice work!

New blog - Jumping Genres. (Updated August 14)

GailD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:23 PM   #535
Daddyo
been around a while

Daddyo has a spectacular auraDaddyo has a spectacular aura
River Bottom Blues is "Live"

My crime novel, River Bottom Blues, rolled out "live" on Amazon this week. http://www.amazon.com/River-Bottom-B...8100491&sr=1-2 WHOOP! As all good Aggies say.
Blog
RIVER BOTTOM BLUES--now available @ the usual suspects, my website/blog and Barking Rain Press
THE DEVIL'S BLUES--Ditto.
HOWLING MOUNTAIN BLUES--Due out early 2015
Daddyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:04 PM   #536
MikeG
Writing Crap Every Day

Congratulations, Aggie. And welcome to the SEC from a Tide fan.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:51 AM   #537
Ken Hoss
Work in progress

Ken Hoss has a golden reputationKen Hoss has a golden reputationKen Hoss has a golden reputationKen Hoss has a golden reputationKen Hoss has a golden reputationKen Hoss has a golden reputation
Congrats, Daddyo!

On another note, and not to steal your thunder, my book, Storm Rising, just got another stellar review:

New 5 Star review for ~Storm Rising - A Kelli Storm Novel~ "An Amazing Storm" - http://bit.ly/y9bfFF

Ken Hoss - Author

Old 02-02-2012, 06:12 AM   #538
Daddyo
been around a while

Kudos Hoss! Nope, no thunder stolen around here. Glad to see the Tide roll over Les Miles, MikeG. I taught Jarrett Lee in high school and he broke our school career passing record in one season. Then he goes to play for a doofuss coach who yanks him around royally. Sorry to get off topic.
Blog
RIVER BOTTOM BLUES--now available @ the usual suspects, my website/blog and Barking Rain Press
Old 02-02-2012, 06:17 AM   #539
HistorySleuth
Researching History's Mysteries

HistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Wow. That's all I got to say. Lots of good news from so many authors in only a few days time. Awesomeness.... Congrats!

On Amazon.
HistorySleuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:57 AM   #540
happywritermom
practical experience, FTW

happywritermom is a glorious beacon of lighthappywritermom is a glorious beacon of lighthappywritermom is a glorious beacon of light
Just discovered this particular thread.
Very inspiring!
Congrats to all!
happywritermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:11 PM   #541
Daddyo
been around a while

Yeah. Good luck to us all.
Blog
Old 02-05-2012, 05:16 AM   #542
Ken Hoss
Work in progress

New Review

The latest review for Storm Rising on Goodreads:

Kayden Lee rated it
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11526436-storm-rising-a-kelli-storm-novel

Ken Hoss - Author

Old 02-07-2012, 03:53 AM   #543
Ken Hoss
Work in progress

Mystery Pick Monday

Storm Rising - A Kelli Storm Novel is on Mystery Pick Monday

http://jenniferblood.net/wp/2012/02/mystery-pick-monday-great-kindle-deals/

Ken Hoss - Author

Old 02-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #544
Ken Hoss
Work in progress

Featured on Digital Book Today

Storm Rising - A Kelli Storm Novel, will be featured for the next 7 days, Wednesday thru Tuesday next week, on Digital Book Today in the "Great Reads" section. (Near the bottom on either side of the page.) It will go live at 2 P.M. CST today.

http://digitalbooktoday.com/

Ken Hoss - Author

Old 02-17-2012, 10:32 PM   #545
Zelenka
Going home!

Zelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputation
Couldn't do this earlier as I didn't have access to the laptop whilst on holiday, but...

My first ever story (I know, already mentioned it, but hey) that has ever been published is now available in Issue 9 of the Innsmouth Free Press. Details on how to buy a copy or on the magazine at http://www.innsmouthfreepress.com/?cat=6

Now I am really just hoping it's not a fluke and not my last ever published story...
Old 02-17-2012, 11:50 PM   #546
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

heyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelenka View Post
Couldn't do this earlier as I didn't have access to the laptop whilst on holiday, but...

My first ever story (I know, already mentioned it, but hey) that has ever been published is now available in Issue 9 of the Innsmouth Free Press. Details on how to buy a copy or on the magazine at http://www.innsmouthfreepress.com/?cat=6

Now I am really just hoping it's not a fluke and not my last ever published story...
Congratulations!
heyjude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:23 AM   #547
Ken Hoss
Work in progress

Very nice, Zelenka!

Ken Hoss - Author

Old 02-18-2012, 10:07 PM   #548
muse
standing on head, typing one-handed...

muse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelenka View Post

Of course it's not a fluke. Believe in yourself.

Congratulations.
muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:12 PM   #549
triceretops
Super Browser

triceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Not a fluke, Z. And Ken, you're doing great. Watching your numbers.

Tri
triceretops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:40 PM   #550
MeretSeger
The Alydar of Writers

MeretSeger has a spectacular aura
That's great, Zelenka! Soon you will look back on it as the first of many!
MeretSeger is offline   Reply With Quote