Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Discussion > Bewares, Recommendations & Background Check
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2006, 06:52 PM   #1
James D. Macdonald
Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage

James D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Author Identity Publishing (Authoridentity.com)

I got some spam from these guys today:
AuthorIdentity.com Newsletter
Author Identity Publishing

Hi Short Story Author,
Would you like to get your short story published?
Would you be interested in selling one of your stories to us?
We are a small, but very reputable publisher looking to buy short stories for a compilation coming out this holiday season.
This could be your chance to jump start your writing career.
If you are interested in submitting a story or just finding out additional information, please click on the following link www.authoridentity.com
Wishing you success in your writing career.

Author Identity

Yeah, right, for the holidays. Way late to be getting into the game if you mean the holidays coming up in about a month and a half. Holidays 2007, maybe.

Nothing I want more than success in my writing career, though. So I went over and took a look. What was the first thing I saw?
That being said we do require certain marketing efforts from our authors. Remember it’s your book, and you must want to help in its sales. If you are not willing or unable to do so WE ARE NOT THE PUBLISHER FOR YOU!

We require you supply us with five (5) local newspapers we will send a press release to. We also require you to find 25 people who are willing to purchase your book on its release. Most of our authors have reached out to friends and family, however, we never tell you who must buy your book. You must however, demonstrate you have the ability to sell 25 copies prior to the books release. Once this book is published, the marketing will continue to be a concentrated effort. We recommend you approach at least two local bookstores and present the book for them to sell. Again, if you are not willing or unable to do so WE ARE NOT THE PUBLISHER FOR YOU!
Yep, vanity press!

What else?
Question: Do I need an agent?
Answer: Not if you decide to submit your work here. We select our authors without being represented by agents, no matter how hard they sometimes try. There is not much an agent can do for most new authors, other than try to locate a publisher. If you have already signed up with an agent, tell them to contact us with your work, and we will gladly study their proposal. But it will be no different than when you contact us yourself.
Yeah, right, agents are trying to sell them short stories. Pull the other one -- it's got bells! (Agents, real ones, generally don't handle short fiction.)

Even better -- look what they have under "News":
Become a Best-Selling Author
Do you want to sell lots of your books and become a Best-Selling Author? Of course you do! This new strategy is quick and simple to use. They practically guarantee results of best-seller status. Check them out at: {URL deleted}

Hey, I can tell you how to sell lots of your books and become a best-selling author, and I'll tell you for free: Sell your book to Scribner's. Really. That's the strategy.

But do you know what I don't find on Author Identity's website? The title of a single book they've published. The name of their editor. Anything that would make these folks look like a legitimate press.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:00 PM   #2
James D. Macdonald
Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage

James D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh -- and if you do follow their link to find out how to get best-seller status guaranteed, you get to a place in that I'm-a-scammer triple-column format (I think they bought the template from one of those Make Millions on the Internet spams -- you can tell a scam site from across the room just by the layout and colors) telling you how to become rich and famous through radio interviews.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:52 PM   #3
triceretops
Super Browser

triceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Wink

From the PAMB website:

Answer: Not if you decide to submit your work here. We select our authors without being preached to by agents, no matter how hard they sometimes try. There is not much an agent can do for most new authors, other than try to locate a publisher. If you have already signed up with an agent, tell them to contact us with your work, and we will gladly study their proposal. But it will be no different than when you contact us yourself.

From the AuthorIdentity website:

Answer: Not if you decide to submit your work here. We select our authors without being represented by agents, no matter how hard they sometimes try. There is not much an agent can do for most new authors, other than try to locate a publisher. If you have already signed up with an agent, tell them to contact us with your work, and we will gladly study their proposal. But it will be no different than when you contact us yourself.

Well, taken exactly, word for word from Publish America. Why do you suppose that is? Is there a remote connection here? This is more than suspicious.

Tri
triceretops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 08:18 PM   #4
CaoPaux
Mostly Harmless
SuperModerator

CaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
AuthorIndentity.com is registered to a Jeffrey Haight of “Corporate Roots Inc.”

No info on him/that in a quick Google, however I did find one fellow promoting AuthorIdentity as an author…

http://www.storiesmania.net/communit...ad.php?p=41447

http://kevinfabiano.com/index.php/ne...uthors%20Only/

*koff*
I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

2013: II2014:
CaoPaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 08:48 PM   #5
victoriastrauss
Writer Beware Goddess
Absolute Sage

victoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaoPaux
That's National Best Selling Author Kevin Fabiano to you, bub. (Who's his publisher? You guessed it. PA.)

(He's selling a "How to Get Published Guaranteed" workshop/course for $595. Would it be too cruel to blog about this?)

- Victoria

Edited to add: I think I will blog about it. There are so many faux "experts" out there offering horrible advice, and people are taking them seriously. It's a real menace.

Victoria Strauss
www.victoriastrauss.com
Writer Beware: www.writerbeware.com
Writer Beware Blog: www.accrispin.blogspot.com
Follow me on Twitter

victoriastrauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 08:55 PM   #6
James D. Macdonald
Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage

So I looked at Kevin's information. He says: "I have five books in print along with a short story. One of my books The Palace of Wisdom: A Rock and Roll Fable became a National Best Seller."

I looked up The Palace of Wisdom and it's published by ... PublishAmerica! (I wonder how I missed it becoming a National Best Seller.)

Another place on one of those sites I see:
How to Get Published Guaranteed Without an Agent or Vanity Press
Home Study Course

Dear Future Authors,
Would you like to have your book published by a traditional publisher GUARANTEED. I have uncovered a proved system that will GUARANTEE your success in finding a traditional publisher for your book. This is not some vanity press, instead an opportunity to find one of over 400 traditional publishers looking for new or first time authors. This is truly your chance to jump start your career.
Don’t wait any longer – it’s time for you to get your book published GUARANTEED. Click on the attached link for further details. Get Published!
Best wishes,
Kevin A. Fabiano
The link takes you to a place where National Best Selling Author Kevin A. Fabiano is willing to sell you a set of six CDs. I wonder if Kevin took this course, because he sure-enough published with a vanity....
Old 11-08-2006, 08:55 PM   #7
Bartholomew
我的身分還是秘密.

Bartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Jeez, James, how do you get on these mailing lists?

Do you need cover art or illustrations? I sell that.
Bartholomew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 08:59 PM   #8
Gravity
Seen 'em come, seen 'em go

Location: Once you've heard the truth, everything else is just cheap whiskey.
Gravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yowch. Kevin, best put on some head protection, laddie. Your life is about to turn interesting. :::grabbing some popcorn::: Anybody want some? It's fresh.

commercially published: Abyss, Until the Last Dog Dies, When Skylarks Fall, To Skin a Cat, and Last Call

agent Chip MacGregor presently querying: Pitfall

http://www.johnrobinsonbooks.com

http://www.johnrobinsonbooks.com/blog.htm
check out my blog; c'mon, you know you want to.
Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 09:10 PM   #9
James D. Macdonald
Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartholomew
Jeez, James, how do you get on these mailing lists?
I have a web page, and on that page I have the words "short stories." That's enough for the robo-spiders.

It was spam. Spammers get addresses from all over.

(BTW, I too have "uncovered a proved system that will GUARANTEE your success in finding a traditional publisher for your book." I'll sell you the secret for just $549.95. Oh, heck, I'll tell you for free: Send your book to PublishAmerica. They'll take it, and they're "traditional." (They say so themselves.))

What I really want to know about is the apparent Super Secret Mailing List for Newbie Authors where they learn about some start-up publisher, where the publisher's only publishing experience is having a book out through Lulu.com, and which is planning to specialize in short stories and poetry. Where do the newbies find these places?
Old 11-08-2006, 09:14 PM   #10
victoriastrauss
Writer Beware Goddess
Absolute Sage

victoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by James D. Macdonald
Where do the newbies find these places?
I wonder about that too. It takes more effort to find just one of the obscure amateur agents I get questions about than it does to find ten successful agents.

- Victoria

Victoria Strauss
www.victoriastrauss.com
Writer Beware: www.writerbeware.com
Writer Beware Blog: www.accrispin.blogspot.com
Follow me on Twitter

victoriastrauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 09:15 PM   #11
LloydBrown
practical experience, FTW

LloydBrown is a splendid one to beholdLloydBrown is a splendid one to beholdLloydBrown is a splendid one to behold
I think they respond to the spam. I don't think the authors find them; it's the other way around.

LloydBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 09:49 PM   #12
CaoPaux
Mostly Harmless
SuperModerator

CaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Where do the newbies find these places?
Spam, Google ads, and unvetted listings like Writers.Net and FirstWriter.

ETA: And, increasingly, evangelizing by a certain 20,000 Happy Authors for the mothership (or for their own New & Improved scheme that's oh-so-much-better than PA).
I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

2013: II2014:

Last edited by CaoPaux; 11-08-2006 at 09:53 PM.
CaoPaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 09:57 PM   #13
Roger J Carlson
Moderation in All Things
AW Moderator

Roger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
WritersMarket.com has a lot of them. All you have to do is search for agents that accept first-time writers or publishers who accept unagented manuscripts and viola (yes, I know, it's a stringed instrument). That's how I found ST Literary (now The Literary Agency Group).

WM can be a great starting point, but you have to do a lot of research too.
Roger J Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 11:33 PM   #14
JeanneTGC
I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
WPR Dominatrix

JeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Roger's right. I don't have a website, nor do I write poetry, but you'd be amazed at how many offers I get for poetry contests. My ISP sells names like they were going out of style. I received the short story offer, too, the other day. It went into the delete file immediately, but I'm sure that won't happen all across the board.

Also, as an unpublished writer who only happened to stumble upon both P&E and this site by accident, no one out there TELLS you that Writers Digest and the like don't necessarily do the screening that is necessary to weed out scammers and illegitimate agents. As an author seeking publication, you head for the Writer's Digest and Jeff Herman references and you use them as your bible, and you think that if the listing or ad is in the WD or one of their newsletters, that it's automatically safe and approved. I know I've entered contests and sent queries to places I shouldn't have -- but I only know that now that I've found this site.

So, there are always going to be innocents for these scam artists to con, because I'd venture to guess that the majority of authors out there seeking publication aren't aware of the watchdog sites and why they should use them religiously. I wasn't until just a couple of weeks ago (but I'm very glad to be here now).

Action, Adventure, Romance & Humor
Coming December 2, 2014, Universal Alien -- Preorder NOW!

--Click the covers to go to my website for details & more!

Submit your poetry, humor & shorts to Raphael's Village!
JeanneTGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 11:54 PM   #15
Bartholomew
我的身分還是秘密.

Bartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I have a web page, and on that page I have the words "short stories." That's enough for the robo-spiders.
There's a line of code, I think, that you can put in your meta tag that will make spiders skip that particular page.

If you want, I could look into it...

Old 11-09-2006, 12:05 AM   #16
James D. Macdonald
Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage

"robots.txt" Also META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW" I know about 'em; only works on legitmate spiders like Google's.

Besides, I want Google (and Alta Vista, and all the rest) to index my site and follow my links. How else am I going to get visitors?
Old 11-09-2006, 12:27 AM   #17
Bartholomew
我的身分還是秘密.

Quote:
"robots.txt" Also META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW" I know about 'em; only works on legitmate spiders like Google's.

Besides, I want Google (and Alta Vista, and all the rest) to index my site and follow my links. How else am I going to get visitors?
True, dat. I was just making an attempt at being helpful.

Old 11-09-2006, 12:32 AM   #18
JulieB
I grow my own catnip

JulieB has earned our admirationJulieB has earned our admirationJulieB has earned our admirationJulieB has earned our admiration
I'm sure you forwarded it to spam@uce.gov.
JulieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:07 AM   #19
James D. Macdonald
Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieB
I'm sure you forwarded it to spam@uce.gov.
Indeed I did.
Old 11-10-2006, 06:57 PM   #20
ChunkyC
It's hard being green

ChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
There is not much an agent can do for most new authors, other than try to locate a publisher.
And what else is it an agent should be doing for an author? Mow their lawn? Do their groceries?

Sheesh.

Stories of Strength
My listing in the Absolute Write Library.
Support the Author Advocate Defense Fund

ChunkyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 07:01 PM   #21
Birol
Around and About
SuperModerator

Birol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
So I looked at Kevin's information. He says: "I have five books in print along with a short story. One of my books The Palace of Wisdom: A Rock and Roll Fable became a National Best Seller."
*raises hand* If a book is a "national best seller" why haven't any of us heard about it before?

Birol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 07:13 PM   #22
Cathy C
Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Absolute Sage

Cathy C is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCathy C is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCathy C is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCathy C is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCathy C is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCathy C is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCathy C is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCathy C is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCathy C is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCathy C is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCathy C is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Interesting. I hadn't heard about this particular scam until the other day on another forum. Seems like they've been busy folks there to raise this much flack over such a short time.

I think I remember someone in small press saying once that if a book hits an in-house store bestseller list in two different areas of the country (other than the state where the publisher is), it qualifies as a "national bestseller." I'll have to find where I read that, because I thought it was interesting.

These definitely sound like folks to avoid. I'll spread the word. Thanks, UJ.
Re-release of Thrall series as URBAN FANTASY!
FORBIDDEN, coming 6/15!
My Website
Follow me: Twitter

".Adams and Clamp are adept at incorporating riveting plot twists into this fully imagined world" **Starred Review ALA Booklist

"Great chemistry between the leads and a swift pace. - Publishers Weekly

"An exceedingly intriguing heroine trying to survive a dangerous and complex world. Kate's struggles and choices are both vivid and terrifying. An unbeatably good paranormal!” RT Bookreviews
Cathy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 08:40 PM   #23
batgirl
Writting broad

batgirl has earned our admirationbatgirl has earned our admirationbatgirl has earned our admirationbatgirl has earned our admiration
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birol
*raises hand* If a book is a "national best seller" why haven't any of us heard about it before?
Please note that the 'nation' was not specified.
-Barbara

batgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 08:48 PM   #24
Birol
Around and About
SuperModerator

Birol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ah! There is that. Thank you, Barbara.

Birol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 03:52 PM   #25
James D. Macdonald
Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChunkyC
And what else is it an agent should be doing for an author? Mow their lawn? Do their groceries?
Negotiate a better contract, track royalties, sell sub-rights, provide career guidance ....

AuthorIdentity reveals its ignorance.