Anyone reading The Boleyn Inheritance?

IThinkICan29

Registered
Reaction score
I have it on the waiting list at my library and I'm absolutely giddy with anxiety. When I signed up, I was number 67, now I'm 21....woooo weeeee. I read The Other Boleyn Girl and The Constant Princess and fell in love with Madam Gregory's writing style.

I'd just like to know what others think....

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
I read The Other Boleyn Girl and even though it isn’t one of my favorites, I enjoyed the story. I admire writers who can take a historical figure or real person creating a great fictional story from their POV. This is why I love Anita Diamant’s The Red Tent.

IThinkICan29

Registered
Reaction score
giftedrhonda said:
It's on my library reserve, too!!

I'm so tempted to go up to the librarian at my library and asked for the address of the person with today's due date....LOL I've been waiting waiting...and reading other stuff to keep my mind off of it. But everytime I check my "hold requests" I get antsy.

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
I just got this at a charity shop yesterday, and I'm halfway through it already, so I've got to slow down! It's fantastic, I'm really loving it.

Also rather smug at having got a wonderful hardback novel for £3.00. I was putting off buying it for the plane journey to the US, and am now richly rewarded for my patience. Yay me.

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I slowed down yesterday, mainly cos of loads of writing. I'm trying to make it last til Monday, my night off. Good old Philippa Gregory. How kind of her to write such a fab book. I could kiss her.

Reaction score
I've got TBI sitting on my living room bookcase and I've had so many books to read lately...I buy them faster than I can read. The Other Boleyn Girl was great, but the TV adaptation was a real effed-up, historically inaccurate, nothing-to-do-with-the-book pile of wank. I know I'll enjoy TBI - when I eventually get around to reading it, that is.