Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Discussion > Bewares, Recommendations & Background Check
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2010, 03:52 AM   #626
honeysock
Tell me to leave. Please.

honeysock is a glorious beacon of lighthoneysock is a glorious beacon of lighthoneysock is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chumplet View Post
I wonder how many more FinePrint agents I can query before they decide to have me arrested LOL.
Here, Chumplet, put this on:

(They'll never know it's you.)

honeysock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:25 AM   #627
Chumplet
This hat is getting too hot

Chumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Haha! Nobody will recognize me now!

My Blog
My Website
I'm a Twit, too

Chumplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:22 PM   #628
wyntermoon
It all started with a little boo...

wyntermoon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswyntermoon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswyntermoon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswyntermoon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswyntermoon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswyntermoon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswyntermoon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswyntermoon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswyntermoon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswyntermoon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswyntermoon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
HA!
wyntermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:41 PM   #629
YAwriter72
someone let me off this crazy ride

Location: We all live under the same sky, but we don't all have the same horizon.
YAwriter72 has earned our admirationYAwriter72 has earned our admirationYAwriter72 has earned our admirationYAwriter72 has earned our admiration
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chumplet View Post
Haha! Nobody will recognize me now!

Awesomeness!!!

My Website

FATES - Random House/Delacorte-Summer 2013
FATES SEQUEL - Random House/Delacorte-2014
(writing as Lanie Bross )

TANGLED WEBS - Disney/Hyperion-Summer 2014
TANGLED WEBS SEQUEL - Disney/Hyperion-Summer 2015
YAwriter72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:10 PM   #630
AuburnAssassin
Darkly Romantic Curmudgeon

AuburnAssassin is better than ice cream with hot fudgeAuburnAssassin is better than ice cream with hot fudgeAuburnAssassin is better than ice cream with hot fudgeAuburnAssassin is better than ice cream with hot fudgeAuburnAssassin is better than ice cream with hot fudgeAuburnAssassin is better than ice cream with hot fudgeAuburnAssassin is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Hilarious! Now start all over and re-query but be sure to put the 'staches on the characters too.

By Claire Gillian (Romance):
The P.U.R.E.

Purely Relative

By Lila Shaw (Erotic Romance & Erotica):

All's Fair in Love and War

Vixen and the Pea
Soul of the Succubus
Prometheus Unstitched
Succubus Games
Succubus Steam

Wild West Succubus

COMING LATE 2014: Louder Than Words by Iris St. Clair
(YA)

Claire's Blog | Lila's Blog | Iris's Blog

Last edited by AuburnAssassin; 02-15-2010 at 11:13 PM.
AuburnAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:09 AM   #631
honeysock

honeysock is a glorious beacon of lighthoneysock is a glorious beacon of lighthoneysock is a glorious beacon of light
OMG> CHUMPLET, is that you!!!

ROTFL! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Old 02-16-2010, 05:27 AM   #632
Chumplet
This hat is getting too hot

Chumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I looked through the other agents' profiles in the roster and it doesn't look like my women's fic will fit with any of them. In the meantime, I'll lurk around other agencies, hiding behind my 'stache LOL!

My Blog
My Website
I'm a Twit, too

Chumplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:50 PM   #633
AlterEgox5
Expert Procrastinator

AlterEgox5 has a spectacular auraAlterEgox5 has a spectacular aura
What Chumplet actually looks like with the 'stache:

[Need a Good Book?]
http://abooksellerblog.blogspot.com

[Writing Away]
AlterEgox5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:23 PM   #634
Sarah Christine
I think you can do better.

Location: Where did the floor go? (This is not an existential question.)
Sarah Christine is well-respected
HAH! Women's fiction is at its best when it's written by a man with a 'stache and a provacative plunging neckline. Chumplet has it going on!

Twittering about your driving skills. And stuff. // Shared Art Blog for sketchbook vomit.
Sarah Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:39 AM   #635
honeysock

Bur-- I mean, Chumplet, I can hook you up with some nice chest hair. Just say the word.

<coughstayontrackcough> SOOO, has anyone heard from Ms. Lindsay lately?
Old 02-17-2010, 03:50 AM   #636
skippingstone
Bouncing Atop the Water

skippingstone is on a distinguished road
If by "heard from" you mean "rejected by" then indeed, I have. Took her about a week to dispatch me, so it seems she's on form with the form rejects.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:23 AM   #637
Sage
Hero, villain, angel, demon
AW Moderator

Sage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Colleen is closing to queries on Thursday.

Love Sucks - now available at Musa Publishing, B&N, and Amazon
"Fireflies" - Absolute Visions

A Paranormal Bromance - 65K-word YA contemp fantasy
Want to beta? Rep or PM me.
Query in progress here.

Taylor-Made, version 4: 11/16 items left
Give an opinion on the new chapter one here
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:39 PM   #638
honeysock

Sorry skippingstone. : (
Old 02-17-2010, 08:07 PM   #639
ejwriter
lurk & learn

ejwriter is a glorious beacon of lightejwriter is a glorious beacon of light
in case anyone was wondering, that was some good advice on the previous page from sage.
after rejections from agents at both fineprint and writers house, i turned around a day or two later and queried different agents at both agencies - and got requests!

ejwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:17 AM   #640
Epiphany
Don't kill the bar, Dude.

Epiphany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEpiphany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEpiphany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEpiphany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEpiphany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEpiphany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEpiphany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEpiphany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEpiphany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEpiphany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEpiphany is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Colleen closes her query doors in fifteen minutes, just so everyone's aware.

Track of the Week: Harald Kloser: The End
Epiphany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:52 PM   #641
honeysock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejwriter View Post
in case anyone was wondering, that was some good advice on the previous page from sage.
after rejections from agents at both fineprint and writers house, i turned around a day or two later and queried different agents at both agencies - and got requests!
Good job, ej! That sage is a sharp cookie. She ain't no sage for nothin.'

Plus--and few people actually know this--she was one of the original Spice Girls. Old Spice. Remember her?

That's our sage. : )
Old 02-19-2010, 02:44 AM   #642
Sage
AW Moderator

Sage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
LOL, honeysock.

Oh, guys, just a note. Even though Colleen is closed to queries, the Backspace Conference contest is still going on until March.

Query in progress here.

Old 02-20-2010, 10:00 AM   #643
Clovia
Flying blind on a rocket cycle.

Clovia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsClovia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsClovia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsClovia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsClovia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsClovia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsClovia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsClovia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsClovia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsClovia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsClovia is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Two-day turnaround on a rejection from Ms. Lindsay.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:07 AM   #644
mkcbunny
Bufflehead

mkcbunny leaves trails of profuse coolnessmkcbunny leaves trails of profuse coolnessmkcbunny leaves trails of profuse coolnessmkcbunny leaves trails of profuse coolnessmkcbunny leaves trails of profuse coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejwriter View Post
Thanks. Indeed, I was wondering.
mkcbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:29 AM   #645
wyntermoon
It all started with a little boo...

wyntermoon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswyntermoon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswyntermoon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswyntermoon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswyntermoon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswyntermoon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswyntermoon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswyntermoon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswyntermoon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswyntermoon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswyntermoon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Colleen asked me yesterday for a finished version of the Zombie Dating Guide, keep those fingers crossed!
wyntermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:23 PM   #646
Nicole Lorenz
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Nicole Lorenz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovia View Post
Two-day turnaround on a rejection from Ms. Lindsay.
Same here. I was impressed she replied so fast, since she seems so swamped.
Nicole Lorenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:32 PM   #647
tracythewriter
practical experience, FTW

tracythewriter is a glorious beacon of lighttracythewriter is a glorious beacon of lighttracythewriter is a glorious beacon of light
I queried Janet Reid on a YA book and she declined it but suggested I query Suzie Townsend. Within 30 min of doing so Suzie asked for a full. And when I sent it, she replied with a very kind confirmation email. I've got my fingers and toes crossed on this one. It's a great agency and Suzie seems like a real class act.
tracythewriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:37 PM   #648
skippingstone
Bouncing Atop the Water

skippingstone is on a distinguished road
As many AWers will attest, Suzie is super nice and gives great feedback, even when she ultimately decides to pass, as she did with me. But I still think she's great.

Good luck to you!
Old 03-02-2010, 05:49 AM   #649
JakeM
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

JakeM is on a distinguished road
Anyone still waiting to hear back on manuscript requests from Brendan Deneen?
JakeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:13 AM   #650
Sage
AW Moderator

I never heard back from him, but I didn't really expect him to find a home for my mss with someone else at FP.

I would say give him an e-mail asking about it, but I think he's moved on to a new e-mail.

Query in progress here.