Travels With Charlie by John Steinbeck

Nolita

Registered
Reaction score
I actually managed to not read this one. D'oh! If you already read it, I'd love if you wait untill after I get a chance to, before posting any spoilers. Thanks:D

Anyway, if anybody wants to join me, I'm starting it this week. It's pretty short, so maybe a couple of days reading maximium. I bought it for my mom when she got her teacup poodle.

I gave it to her immediately(to avoid the temptation of hording books). She gave it back a few months ago unread. She wanted to read it but physically couldn't, so if anyone knows of a good audio book version, please suggest.

Anyway, I managed to not read it. I feel daft, for leaving it sitting.

BTW I'm lousy at reading subtext. I read what's written and enjoy. I'm afraid I'm missing out on things though. So, if there's a lot of stuff written between the lines, please share. I'll re-read and try to understand.

Not the brightest bulb in the chandellier, Moby Dick's a book about one man's obsession with a white whale, to me.

Nolita

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry about the topic, I took the guidelines literally I think.

readitnweep

Registered
Reaction score
I read this not too long ago and couldn't put it down. I know there was some skuttlebutt as to whether he actually had those experiences or not, but frankly I couldn't care less. It was a great read, and I only wished for more detail. I loved the bits about Charley and actually had to Google to find out more on this famous poodle.

I'd describe this as an enjoyable light read that goes pretty fast.