format question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhush

Ok...I will admit to being a bit on the computer illiterate side here. Well...I prefer to say Im more on the "creative" side of things than on the "understanding all the standard rules and what not" side...but anyhoo, Ive got a formatting questions regarding slug lines. Is there any way to program the slug line and page # to come in together on each page automatically? As it stands, Im fighting the endless battle called "change one single freakin' word and screw up every blasted slug line after it"! Also, every time I put my disk in any computer other than my own, this also screws up the formatting all to hades. Can anybody help me out on this one?

Lori Basiewicz

If you're using Microsoft Word, use the Header/Footer option.

1. Click on View in the Toolbar.
2. Select Header and Footer.
3. The Header and Footer boxes will appear as will the Header and Footer toolbar.
4. Type and format whatever you want to appear in the Header (or Footer).
5. For automatic page numbering, use the "Page #" option on the Header and Footer toolbar.

To have a different Header on the first page than from the rest of the manuscript.

6. Select Page Setup from the Header and Footer toolbar.
7. Go to the Layout tab.
8. Check the box that says something like Different on the First Page.
9. Type the format for the First Page Header in the box on the first page.
10. Type the format for all other Headers in the box on the second page.

Rhush

thanks

Thank you so much! This is going to save me so much time and now I wont have to kill anyone in a blurry-eyed computer daze!:rollin

Status
Not open for further replies.