• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Emma Sweeney Agency

JerseyGirl1962

I heart Malamutes! :-)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Preditors & Editors has a dollar sign next to the agency name.

I checked out their website. They have book covers of their clients' latest books on their home page (unlike scammers, who'll say stuff like, "That's confidential").

FWIW, looks legit to me.

~Nancy

Carmy

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks JerseyGirl. Yes, it looked good to me, too, but I thought I'd check here.

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
This is definitely one of the faster agencies. Took them 2 weeks to request the full, then another week to reject it. As you might expect, everything was by email.

Carmy

Banned
Reaction score
Many thanks, Julie.

If they're going to reject, I'd rather they do it fast so I can submit elsewhere. I submitted on August 19th but no reply yet. I don't know if that's good or bad.

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
If they're going to reject, I'd rather they do it fast so I can submit elsewhere. I submitted on August 19th but no reply yet. I don't know if that's good or bad.

And why not submit it elsewhere? For me this was one of 5 fulls out, and none asked for an exclusive. (And I suspect ESA may have been fast on the full because they didn't read far into it.)

Last edited:

Carmy

Banned
Reaction score
Yep, it's going out again. ESA has had it long enough so I guess they're not interested.

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have any encounters with this place recently? Any new news about response times? Thanks.

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
I queried her last week- no word yet, I'll let you know

cate townsend

Registered
Reaction score
Queried a while back as well, but haven't heard anything. I had written in my notes that this agency doesn't respond unless they are interested. I must have read it somewhere when I was doing my research, but can't remember where.

Madison

summertime...
Registered
Reaction score
Queried a while back as well, but haven't heard anything. I had written in my notes that this agency doesn't respond unless they are interested. I must have read it somewhere when I was doing my research, but can't remember where.

"Because of the volume of email we receive, we cannot respond to every query. We regret that we do not accept submissions by post unless specifically requested."

you're right - it's on their website. i might query them soon...I'll update if anything happens

JamieB

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.jamieblair.blogspot.com
Thanks! She sent an email shortly after receiving it saying she had read the first 50 pages and liked it and that was a week ago...I'm on pins and needles here! The waiting is terrible, but I'll live through it I guess!

JamieB

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.jamieblair.blogspot.com
Well, it's been about 2 1/2 weeks and I sent a follow up last Wednesday (2 weeks out from full ms submission) and haven't heard back. The only reason I was anticipating a quick turn around for this was because she got right back to me saying she would read it over the weekend, which would have been 10/4-10/5. I see she sold another book, so I'm sure she's been busy. But, at this point I'm taking it as a no response is a no since I haven't heard back from the follow up email. Maybe I'll still get a response - I hope so. She seems really great and upfront with her responses.

Good luck to you and keep us posted!!

Golani

Registered
Reaction score
Emma Sweeney Literary Agent

I received a glowing response to a partial from this agent and a request for a 10 day exclusive for the full That was 2 months ago. Nothing since, despite a follow-up e-mail. Has anyone had a similar experience? I expected more professional behavior from her!