Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
I normally don't do reviews for books, but I recently was fortunate enough to review an advance copy of the new novel by international bestseller M.J. Rose called "The Reincarnationist." She writes suspense/thrillers normally, but this is one of those genre-bending books that sort of defies description. There's romance, mystery, political intrigue, and chase-em-down-with-a-car action scenes--all wrapped up in a big paranormal bow that leaves you breathless. It hits the shelves this coming Tuesday, 8/28, and you NEED to pick up this book. It's not a quick read, but it'll definitely keep you guessing until the very end, which is my favorite kind of book. So, without further ado . . . here's my review of THE REINCARNATIONIST:

Josh Ryder has a knack for showing up in strange places, accompanied by a feeling of deja vu and impending danger. Therapists tried to convince him it was the aftermath of a near-fatal accident, but he's starting to believe otherwise. Now he just needs to prove it.

Drawn by forces he barely comprehends, Josh finds himself at an archaeological dig outside of Rome, Italy . . . a place he shouldn’t have been able to find unless he’d been there before. Professors Chase and Rudolpho have uncovered what they believe is the find of the century. While the "Memory Stones" have value as the massive gemstones they are, their true worth is only legend. But, if true, they could change the face of organized religion and humanity as we know them today.

As Josh and Gabriella Chase, along with Josh’s mentor, Malachai Samuels, begin the task of tracking down the stolen Memory Stones, Josh’s visions seem to be sucking him inside more often---as though a former self is trying desperately to send a message from the past to save the future.

M.J. Rose’s latest novel, The Reincarnationist, is easily the most complicated book I’ve read in years. Yet, Rose seamlessly blends three separate stories from across the centuries, including a host of characters, into an entrancing tale of love, deceit and hope for the future. Whether as Josh Ryder in the twenty-first century, Julius of Rome in 391 A.D., or Percy Talmage of New York City in 1884, the hero is independent, smart and willing to sacrifice to protect those he loves.

I can’t say enough good things about this book for someone who’s looking for a challenging, thoughtful read that will leave you breathless at the surprise ending. Here's a link on Amazon so you can order or see the cover, and it'll be everywhere on Tuesday. I'll be interested to see what you all think. :)

Cathy

Last edited:

Will Lavender

Everything is what it seems.
Registered
Reaction score
Good to hear. Thanks so much for the review. I've been looking forward to reading this book for a couple of months.

They're going in sort of a new direction at Mira -- and I like it. Jason Pinter's The Mark is a fine, fine book as well. Good folks over there; Linda McFall has to be one of the kindest women in publishing.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Cathy! This is the third or fourth, "OMG you must read this!" review, so it's top of my Must Read list.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
They're going in sort of a new direction at Mira -- and I like it. Jason Pinter's The Mark is a fine, fine book as well.

Oh yes, they're putting out some really exciting reads.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Holy Bejeesus, this is a fantastic read! MJ Rose's earlier books were solid, but this is really the perfect definition of a breakout novel. I can't wait to see what she writes next!