Any J-pop fans?

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
Ummm...

I kinda like Move, but mostly 'cause they're hilarious. I have the original Initial D series, recorded directly from Japanese TV, and at the end of each episode there's a music video by Move. One of the guys is really weird; he raps super fast, throwing in mangled english phrases, while dressing in insane outfits and slinking around the screen. At one point, he's in a feild of flowers. He's wearing goggles, and is painted from head to toe to match the scenery. He's my favorite. :D The female lead singer is really pretty, and has a great voice, but she can't lip sinc to her own songs to save her life. She's always about half a second behind. Combine those two with surreal imagery and very unintentionally funny english phrases, and the whole thing will do strange things to your mind. I like!

RG570

Registered
Reaction score
It's not J-pop, but it's Japanese at least. I like Mono, sometimes I like Loudness, fusion band Casiopea, Keiko Matsui, and something else I don't remember right now.

InfinityGoddess

Goddess of Infinity
Registered
Reaction score
Website
infinitygoddess.net
I like X-Japan, Olivia Lufkin, Mika Nakashima, and Anna Tsuchiya. I am interested in others, but that's what I can think of off the top of my head...

clockwatcher

Registered
Reaction score
Not j-pop but k-pop. But only Clazziquai and Sweet Sorrow, though.

Thump

defying grabbity
Registered
Reaction score
Spending one short day in the Emerald City
I don't particularly like the music. Once upon a time though I loved anime music and a little of Hikaru Utada.

I do ADORE Matsumoto Jun of Arashi but only for his acting X-D Don't much care for the band.