Moonlight

MissLadyRae

I vaahnt to suck your blaahd
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't see a separate thread for this, so I'm going to start up the discussion.

Did anyone catch this Friday night? The concept right away reminded me of Forever Knight and on IMDB under movie connections it says it's supposed to be a remake of Forever Knight (although IMDB isn't always accurate).

I didn't really feel connected with any of the characters and I found myself more occupied with my nails than the crime being solved. I would have liked to have seen more action and suspense (not to mention more fire and spark in the characters). Less walking and talking, but that's just me. I did like the last fourth of the show with the fight and climax, but it was a little muddled by then.

So, how about it vamp fans? Anyone else catch the show? Your thoughts?

Chameleon

I less than 3 you!
Registered
Reaction score
if i tell you, will you promise to stalk me?
I'm starting to become a vamp fan. I only caught the last 15 minutes of the show, so I do not have a real opinion of the show ( I hope there's an encore this weekend). But I thought the guy was cute. He can bite me anytime.

I dont know if I'll be able to follow the show because my class lets out at 9pm. But it looks interesting.

JanDarby

Registered
Reaction score
No chemistry between the leads, ditzy heroine who tried but failed to carry off snark, no logic to anything in the story, no suspense (pretty much knew whodunnit the first time the character appeared), bad wardrobe (and what's really a bad sign is that I even noticed how bad the wardrobe was, b/c I just don't usually). Awful. Just awful.

The only character I liked was a minor one: another vampire who reveled in being a vampire. He was fun. Made the lead vampire seem washed out.

JD, who loved Forever Knight and was hoping for something comparable.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
I so wanted to like this.

I ended up switching back and forth to the Just for Laughs "Damn Americans" special on CBC. A lot. (It was good.)

The previews for next week's ep look better than last night's. But what's up with the Forever Knight-ish stuff? Colored contacts, angst, not chomping humans, rich semi=sidekick who tempts him to go after humans...seen it. (And could someone give the annoying rich vamp some lessons on how NOT to swallow his lines? Argh.

I'll give it one more shot next Friday.

Alas for the demise of Forever Knight. That was one great show.

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Lasted ten minutes with this. Zero chemistry, zero charisma in the lead actor, hated this the first time when it was called 'Forever Knight' (loved it the second time, when it was called 'Angel').

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad I skipped this one. After hearing one of the cheesiest lines in one of the teaser promos, when I stopped laughing I figured I could find a better way to wait for the 10:00 hour!

JanDarby

Registered
Reaction score
She was kinder than I might have been. She didn't even address the logic (or lack thereof) of the main character trying to kill the driver of a fast-moving car in which the person he's trying to save is a passenger.

JD

MissLadyRae

I vaahnt to suck your blaahd
Registered
Reaction score
For the Ferret of the Shadows: Forever Knight (fan made trailer) & Moonlight (The best looking trailer out of the others imo)

It's sad when trailers are the best part of a movie (speaking in general terms o' course ;))

I found this by a writer who felt ripped off by it.

Snark and beverage alert. She's in a take no prisoners mood. :D

http://p-n-elrod.livejournal.com/30209.html
Ooh! Scathing....and yet true!

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Washed my hands of it after last night's ep. Besides being oh, so predictable, you could drive a Mack truck through the plot holes! The biggest? He stays ion the same city but doesn't change his name?! Is that asking to be outed, or what?

And the moment I had high hopes for--when he's sucking the blood back and the blonds comes in--meh. He *whined*!

Off to find an old VHS of a Forever Knight ep--I know I tapes one somewhere...

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
I haven't seen this one, but I have read a little bit about it. It was a show that probably never should have made it to the air. Usually, when a network approves a series, they have a pilot in front of them to watch first. CBS execs didn't have a pilot to approve with this one, they had a pitch and a couple of proposals. The pilot was reshot twice.

In all of the ads, I never really saw anything that made it stand apart from Forever Knight or Angel. And that's what it needed to be successful. It's also, apparently, what it lacks in spades.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My wife is trying really hard to like it and I'm trying really hard not to trash it too much while she makes up her mind. I have used the word 'fromage' quite often though.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Huh. I kinda like it, I think maybe because the leads are slightly goofy. It is so easy to over-slick your vampires and uber-sass your spunky heroines. (And I'm grateful their choice for the urbane, badboy vamp isn't an glowering, chiseled, overdressed underpants model.) I think the actors handle the very cheddar-bulky lines (unavoidable given the subject material) pretty naturally. They make me laugh. I think all three of them are very appealing, and despite not being bowled over by the cleverness of the plots, I've enjoyed it enough to add it to my DVR recordings for the week, bringing my grand total for recorded television to three shows (not including football and F1 when they're in season.)

Last edited:

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Yeah, I'm beginning to think I'm the only person on the planet who likes the show. I never said I had any taste.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Besides vampires in that town, there are unseen lighting crews roaming the street. Whenever you see the female lead -- no matter where she is -- she's beautifully backlit in a dreamy wash of light forming a halo around her stunningly quoiffed hair. (pass the cheddar)

The wife has decided she likes the show. What I like about it is that I'm now pretty much guaranteed one hour of uninterrupted reading time. :)

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Whenever you see the female lead -- no matter where she is -- she's beautifully backlit in a dreamy wash of light forming a halo around her stunningly quoiffed hair. (pass the cheddar)
That's hilarious. I think she always looks natural and I appreciate it. She's not rail thin or dressed to slingshot fashion into the next decade. And her hair looks like real girl hair to me - sometimes sleek, sometimes kinda frizzy, sometimes pretty careless. She reminds me a lot of Kate Winslet and then I found out she's English. I'm thinking they're cloning over there already...

The thing I don't like about the show are the promo stills - they all look ridiculous. I think if I'd seen some of those photos, I wouldn't have bothered.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
But you gotta love how her hair never moves when she's riding in that convertable with the top down.

Not one single hair so much as moves !

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
That car is pretty low. You could stick me in a wind tunnel at the bottom of a fifty gallon drum and my hair wouldn't move either.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's hilarious. I think she always looks natural and I appreciate it. She's not rail thin or dressed to slingshot fashion into the next decade.
I agree with you wholeheartedly there. She is a sweetie. I just happened to watch a bit of one of the shows and she was moving around the cop-shop from desk to desk and room to room and everywhere she went, the backlight was coming from exactly the same angle at exactly the same intensity ... I laughed myself silly.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's the Star Trek backlight, giving all the women and Captain Kirk that lovely "glow"