Demand Studios websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
they give out assignments. I just finished up one. Generally $10 to $15 an article in batches of 10 or 20. Mine were written for eHow.com.
All in all, I'm happy with them so far.

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
no pay doesn't depend on length, they will tell you the website they are for and give you directions. Depending on the site, you may have a minimum count. On Ehow there really isn't one that I could see.

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
my assignment I could do with my own knowledge.
I can only comment on the assignment I got.

They will tell you what the assignment is and what it would consist of and you can decide whether or not to do it. Sorry thats all the help I can give.

t

moonslice

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chocmoon.wordpress.com
Thanks tin. I was just trying to get a handle on how it's possible to write that many articles quickly that pay in that range. I'm guessing they aren't that research intensive, so that would make sense.

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
they gave me 1-2 weeks for 10 articles. And no they weren't labour intensive at all. Piece of cake really

Mayntz

Registered
Reaction score
I'm about to write a similar set for eHow.com; I'm way over the deadline, but there were some initial communication problems that aren't a factor now. From what I gather, Demand Studios also contracts for some other websites, but I don't know which ones.

wombat

wombats galore
Registered
Reaction score
Website
animalsbehavingbadly.blogspot.com
Hmm, now reading their contract, I'm a little mystified. You get paid after you deliver the material, unless they reject it. Isn't that an odd definition of 'upfront'?

Mayntz

Registered
Reaction score
I don't think so, it's more of a pay on publication idea in industry terms, but in the online scheme, "upfront" means you actually get paid for the piece instead of using revenue sharing from ads, views, or clicks.

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Just an update. As soon as I finished the first batch of 10, they sent me a request for 20 more. A definite good group to work with IMHO.

Mayntz

Registered
Reaction score
Nice, thanks for the update. I'd better get moving on them -- they seem like nice, simple pieces to do, which will be a kind switch from some of my other markets.

sandymae2000

Writing for My Life
Registered
Reaction score
Contacting Demand Studios

Is anyone else having trouble getting emails through to these people? I, too, did a ten-article assignment, but my emails are being returned by the company's firewall.

Anyone have a contact other than the Editorial team email address?

Thanks!
Sandy

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
make sure you aren't replying to an email they send you with attachments. I had the same issue until I wrote a new email to them with their email address. There are also email addresses to the individual person at the bottom of the email.
hope that helps.
tina

wombat

wombats galore
Registered
Reaction score
Website
OK, so I just heard back from them, and my first assignment is 'write ten articles.' No topics provided. Is that what happened to you guys too?

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
mine said in my current specialty of "general". I wrote on anything.

UPDATE: I just got my third assignment, 20 articles on anything. This was the day after I sent in my invoice by email for the second assignment.

If this keeps up on this pace (which I know it won't but gah wouldn't it be nice) then it will be my biggest money maker per month.

tina

wombat

wombats galore
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I'm finding it hard to find something to write that isn't already on there - and although some of what's on there is pretty lame, they say not to duplicate (even though some duplicates already exist). Maybe this just isn't for me. Do you have some strategy for thinking of topics that aren't covered? It's taking me so long I'm not sure it's going to be worth what they are paying.

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
I add a new spin on something

"Gardening Safely for children" instead of gardening, gardening with kids, gardening safely, etc... I keep adding a spin til its unique

make sense?

tina

wombat

wombats galore
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Yeah, I see - in fact I was just trying to think of a different title for something, so I could write an article on the topic with actual content unlike the one they have. (Instead of one with a step that says "do research"! Hello! People are looking for answers, not something that tells them to go look for the answers!)

It's hard when you have to start every title with How To, though. I really might just not be the right person for this.

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Grins:) I have one called "How to NOT...." I usually can spin any of my articles to be a how to if I think hard enough;)

t

sandymae2000

Writing for My Life
Registered
Reaction score
Friends on eHow

Hi!

I think there's an monetary advantage to adding each other as "friends" on the eHow site and viewing and rating each other's articles, similar to AC.

I'm SandyM on eHow. I added Tina and Melissa to my friends list. Shall we all exchange links?

Best,

Status
Not open for further replies.