JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Lookee, lookee! :hooray:

PMA PLACES LIAM JACKSON’S OFFSPRING WITH THOMAS DUNNE BOOKS/ST. MARTIN’S PRESS

Peter Miller, President of PMA Literary & Film Management, Inc., and Kelly Skillen proudly announce the sale of North American rights to Offspring, the first book in a proposed six-book series, by Liam Jackson, to John Parsley of Thomas Dunne Books/St. Martin’s Press in a nice deal. PMA manages audio, foreign, and film rights to this title.

The first in a proposed six-book series, Offspring tells the story of a Universe in dire peril, in which a rebellious Usurper has emerged to challenge the Creator for Supremacy. With Heaven under siege, this latter day Lucifer leads the Fallen against the Host-- earthbound angels who protect and serve all creation. As a chilling array of demons, giants, monsters and shape-shifters gain unfettered access to the plane of humanity, it becomes apparent that only the Offspring, descendants of long-ago trysts between angels and men, can reverse the impending doom.

A group of unlikely heroes led by young Sam Connor, and assisted by a down-on-her-luck newspaper reporter, a determined wife, and a benevolent, disembodied voice, embark on a quest to unravel the mystery of their inheritance, harness their inner-power, and prevent the demons from inflicting their jealous rage on mankind’s most innocent members—children.

Liam Jackson is a twenty year veteran of the Criminal Justice System, having served as a narcotics officer, tactical team operator, Chief of Police and, most recently, Deputy Program Manager for Federal WMD mitigation and countermeasures initiative.*

*And he's a beloved member and moderator of Absolute Write. (Can't believe they left that out! ;) )

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
WOW....:TheWave: :TheWave: It doesn't get any better than this......CONGRATS.....:Trophy:

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
fireworks1.GIF
bounce3.gif
Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!! Liam the Local Hero!!!!!!!!!

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations!!

We often hear all the horror stories - it's inspiring to hear a tale of triumph!

This one's for you, Liam!!

:Cheers:

alaskamatt17

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations

Way to go. I hope someday I'll make it as far as you have. It sounds like you've come up with an amazing story.

Liam Jackson

Heathen Horde Elder
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, folks. The past 18 months have been wild. And Jim M. hit it on the head about first timers. I had never written anything other than techincal material, since middle school. This was first shot out of the barrel for a raw rookie.

So, as the old saying does, "If I can do it...."
Best of luck to you all.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
And to think, I already have the blackmail photo to send to the Enquirer when you get all famous-like...

Think they'll mind that it's a *little* Photoshopped?

Liam, I know it's cliche, but it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I'm so damn proud of you.

Dudes, this is a multi-book deal in hardcover.

I'm in awe.

MacAllister

Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Jenna! You finished! (you must have, or you wouldn't be back here, posting on the boards, unless you'd received an emergency email that they were burning down....)

Way to GO!

Liam Jackson

Heathen Horde Elder
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
<<<So... we shouldn't burn our first books, then? ROFL!>>>

No! Buy all six, THEN burn them. ;)

MacAllister

Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
So... we shouldn't burn our first books, then?
Heh--not if it's a damn good book, like Liam's. :)

I've decided to skip writing the crappy first novel, and go straight for the decent second one, instead. BWAHAHHHAAHAAAAA

Actually, Liam's pretty quiet about it, but I happen to know he rewrote and reworked and basically busted his @ss on the thing. Lesson for all of us first-timers in that.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Mac, I have a decent excuse. My co-authors are finishing up their draft right now, and I can't go any further until they e-mail it to me, so I'm in a holding pattern.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Awesome news, Liam! Take a bow!

Status
Not open for further replies.