Lionhearted Publishing - Anyone know them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stlight

ideas are floating where they will
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of thing
I couldn't find anyting on the board about them and I thought they were kinda of large for the silence. Of course since no one said anything I'm asking if anyone knows about them.
They have a lot of Google results and I know they've been around for awhile. I know one book they published "P.S. I've taken a lover" got picked up by a large house. When I knew anything about them they were print.

Okay, either they are still selling PS at the same time a big house is, I was sure I saw another publisher on it, whenI found it in the grocery a couple of years ago, but maybe not, maybe they got it in the grocery.

Stlight

Last edited:

JanDarby

Registered
Reaction score
The last I looked, they were closed to submissions and seemed to have diverted their attention to things other than book publishing.

I knew someone -- many years ago -- who was among their first authors and had huge problems with them. At the time, they had pretty much zero distribution and were relying on the authors to do all the selling.

JD

Robin Bayne

~writes for Him~
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.robinbayne.com
Yes, many years ago a lot of us got excited about this company. They had a few excellent books they published and I think one even sold movie rights.

I interviewed one of the owners for an RWA article, and she came off very professional and encouraging.

But they quickly closed their doors for submissions once they got busy, and seemed to have a lull with no new titles for a long,long time. Haven't heard anything positive about them in recent years.

Stlight

ideas are floating where they will
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of thing
Thanks, I thought the titles looked a little familar. Didn't check about submissions before asking. Usually that means I won't be disappointed when I thought someone was a good bet. This time I didn't get my hopes up and that was the right choice.

Stlight

Status
Not open for further replies.