Aussie Politics

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

How much could Lehrmann have to pay?​

The case will be back in court on Monday 22 April for a hearing on costs, where Lehrmann may be ordered to pay Ten’s legal bill, possibly to the tune of $8m, on top of his own.

Oh dear. That's quite a lot of money when you're just in your 20s. There is a slight Good Side to this for BL, though, in that he'll probably get dumped by the sharks who've been feeding his nasty side, and have to re-evaluate some of the choices he's made so far - because I'm pretty sure his netbois and stans won't be able to fund his lifestyle in the way that he's become used to....

SariBelleW

Registered
Reaction score
He'll probably appeal first though, at least that's what I'm seeing in analyst predictions. And then Ten would counter-appeal...

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He'll probably appeal first though, at least that's what I'm seeing in analyst predictions. And then Ten would counter-appeal...
Oh, probably, yeah. But regardless, I suspect

By all accounts Lehrmann is jobless, homeless and is lacking significant means to pay Ten’s costs, so having successfully defended the case, the network could be saddled with the bill.

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
I was just wondering what had happened with that. The guy is so creepy.
The whole thing is a shitshow. As Lee said, channelling his inner (and politer) Malcolm Tucker, an omnishambles.

The Toowoomba trial is on in June, I think. He couldn't attend earlier hearings because of the defo case. What an absolute mess this is.

SariBelleW

Registered
Reaction score
The whole thing is a shitshow. As Lee said, channelling his inner (and politer) Malcolm Tucker, an omnishambles.

The Toowoomba trial is on in June, I think. He couldn't attend earlier hearings because of the defo case. What an absolute mess this is.
Crazy to think on the one hand he's crying defamation, while on the other he's off committing more sex offences.

Reactions: Helix

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Crazy to think on the one hand he's crying defamation, while on the other he's off committing more sex offences.
Entitled, privileged white men* are quite accustomed to there never being any consequences for their actions.

*Pardon me for using that phrase, which I understand means that I am an unlikeable woke person.

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
It's hubris all the way down.

As a side issue, it's interesting to see a Bruce. Although the Python team used Bruce as a typical Australian name, it's not very common. The only other Aussie Bruce I can think of is Bruce Gyngell.

be frank

not a bloke, not named frank
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
By all accounts Lehrmann is jobless, homeless and is lacking significant means to pay Ten’s costs, so having successfully defended the case, the network could be saddled with the bill.
No idea whether this has any merit or not, but I've seen it floated that this might instead result in the unmasking of his financial backers.

(I really hope this is the case.)

SariBelleW

Registered
Reaction score
It's hubris all the way down.

As a side issue, it's interesting to see a Bruce. Although the Python team used Bruce as a typical Australian name, it's not very common. The only other Aussie Bruce I can think of is Bruce Gyngell.
I was just thinking this. And he's in his twenties, so I would guess even less common for someone of his generation, which is... gen z? Or possibly late millennial? I get confused. I'm a millennial and don't personally know a single Bruce.

be frank

not a bloke, not named frank
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Pretty sure he was born in Texas. (No clue where his parents hail from, though.)

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
Pretty sure he was born in Texas. (No clue where his parents hail from, though.)

His mum's from Australia. https://www.judgments.fedcourt.gov.au/judgments/Judgments/fca/single/2024/2024fca0369

15 Mr Lehrmann was born in 1995 in Texas. His father died in Mr Lehrmann’s infancy.

16 His mother, who was born in Australia, relocated to northern New South Wales with Mr Lehrmann and his younger sister. The family then moved to Toowoomba in Mr Lehrmann’s final years of primary school.

Reactions: be frank

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, well, if they 'sincerely apologise' that makes it all better, amirite? Even if people are all, yanno, trying to kill him and whatnot.