Shadows Return

dirtsider

Not so new, really
Registered
Reaction score
Yay!! Lynn Flewlling's latest in her Nightrunner series is out. Fantastic! I love the fact that she's continuing the story arcs and threads she started in her previous books, specifically her last one. Her characters have their quirks and weaknesses as well as their strengths. And things have consequences - they don't go "back to the beginning" when book's over. The MC's are known to be friendly with a member of the Royal family (through their previous connections and actions) who is currently in disfavor with the Queen. Which, of course, means they're skating on thin ice.

Darklite

Registered
Reaction score
I got my copy a couple of weeks ago but I can't start it until I've finished the rather dull book I'm reading at the moment. Seregil and Alec are one of my all time favourite fictional couples, and I've heard great things about this novel :) I know it's going to be one of thsoe books I'll finish in one or two sittings and wonder where the day has gone.

dirtsider

Not so new, really
Registered
Reaction score
I only got mine this past weekend. That goes to show you how long it's been since I went browsing the fantasy section. lol

Yeah, I adore Seregil and Alec. Their relationship has its ups and downs, even after four years "together". It's not all happy ending once they acknowledged their feelings and became a couple.

I think what sold the series to me was the fact that Alec asked Seregil how to pronounce his name at the beginning of the series because it was so unusual for the area and Alec's experience at the time.