Vampires of the Scarlet Order by David Lee Summers

MissLadyRae

I vaahnt to suck your blaahd
Registered
Reaction score
I recently started this book and have already become hooked. This book reminds me of the classic vampire literature that made me fall in love with the genre. Very complex vampire characters. They're not good yet not bad but a little bit of both and they make you sympathize with them all the same. Summers takes the story throughout history and across the nations in a world where vampires are used as assassins in different situations (like wars, eliminating the church's enemies, etc).

He also uses points in history that connect to real life famous people and mythology. One part that stuck out for me was the 11 year old boy's writings in connection with the La Llorona's myth. Chilling, sad, sweet and terrifying all at once.

Has anyone read this?

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
Never heard of it (though you answered my question from the Twilight thread about what you are reading, LOL). Sounds interesting though. Will definitely look this book up.

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
David RAWKS.

Okay, I haven't actually read any of his books, but he was the editor for my first two novels, and he runs Tales of the Talisman, a quarterly spec fic magazine, for which I write book reviews. He's the best :), so buy his books (um, you can buy mine while you're at it :tongue). He also just edited an anthology called Space Pirates, which has stories by other friends of mine.

If you like SF pirates, he's also got a cool series on that. And he runs his own micropress, Hadrosaur Tales, which was the imprint for LBF Books that my first two novels came under. He's a man of many talents, and it makes me happy that other people are finding his work.

MissLadyRae

I vaahnt to suck your blaahd
Registered
Reaction score
Enjoy Satori! let me know what you think. :-D

Christine, I agree he indeed does! I recently picked up Space Pirates, as a matter of fact, along with David Boop's new release. I meet David B. in an SL writer's conference we both gave talks at and he was awesome to "meet". His books sound wonderful, too.

Good to see David L.S. is keeping busy with lots of good stuff in the works. I can't wait to dive into the new book now (I'll check out your stuffs, too ;) hehe).