The basic writings of Carl Jung...

truelyana

Set yourself free
Registered
Reaction score
Website
expressiveworld.com
I have a few books somewhere by Carl Jung, but not got round to reading them yet. I think it helps to have an open mind when reading he's books, especially if you have never read about different levels of consciousness, and how they affect modern man.

Let me know how you find the book. :)

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
I have a few books somewhere by Carl Jung, but not got round to reading them yet. I think it helps to have an open mind when reading he's books, especially if you have never read about different levels of consciousness, and how they affect modern man.

Let me know how you find the book. :)

My knowledge on Jung (and most psychology concepts) are pysch 101 type of level (I had psych 101 in college and have studied a few rogue concepts here and there since then). So this is my first step into a much deeper level of psychology (I want to read stuff from other "famous" psychologists such as Frued). And I can't wait until it gets here. 700 pages full of psychy goodness. :tongue

The only thing I know about Jung was that he had some interesting concepts such as archetypes and some stuff about dreams and such that I found fascinating, but I've only read some basic stuff about it.

So it'll be interesting to see those things explored more in depth.

Porphry

Registered
Reaction score
Depends on your area of interest really. Archetypes, dream analysis and/or philosophy. His collected works are expensive (primarily because there are like 19 Vols) but I worked at it slowly picked up the subjects that more interested me first.

Po

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I have read some Jung, I would suggesting getting a biography to put it in context especially when reading work from different periods in his life.

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
This came in the mail yesterday, and I read like 50 pages of it last night. I was so mesmerized by what I was reading that I had to fight myself to put it down and go to bed.

So far, I love it.

Summonere

Registered
Reaction score
Of the two, Freud und Jung, I much prefer Jung's writing. Freud's isn't as sharp. Then again, I've read but a smattering of their work.