Clue Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

DwayneA

Registered
Reaction score
This is a series of 18 books written by A.E Parker, based on the best selling board game by Parker Brothers. I have all eighteen.

These books are hilarious! There are lots of jokes and puns in them. And I have fun solving the mysteries in them.

The characters are stereotypes. Mr. Boddy, the overtrusting host, Mr. Green, the greedy business man, Miss Scarlet, the vain flirt, Mrs. Peacock, the prim and proper lady, Mrs. White, the bitter servant, Professor Plum, the absent minded professor, and Colonel Mustard, the short tempered military man. However, I consider Mr. Boddy and Professor Plum the only likeable characters in the series. Professor Plum is my favorite character. None of the characters change.

Still, the books are a lot of fun to read and the mysteries are fun to solve. Has anyone else ever read them? What did you think?

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com
Wow, I had forgotten these books existed! I read them all the time when I was younger, they were fun five-minute mysteries for kids.

One thing that bugged me is that each book would end with a murder mystery, but in the explanation the author would say that no one had died and explain how Mr. Boddy or whoever manged to cheat death. I don't think it would bug me so much if I read them now, but at the time it felt like a major cheat.

I always had a soft spot for Mr. Green for some reason. I seem to remember him having most of the snarky lines, which is probably what endeared him to me.

I'm jealous you have the whole series. I'm tempted to see if the library has any of the books in the kids section.

Status
Not open for further replies.