Urgh...just realised that my copy of one of my favourite books is a "revised" edition

Baryonyx

Registered
Reaction score
The Faraway tree series by End Blyton, bought it a few days ago and read it and felt sure some bits were different than from what I remembered as a kid.

Sure enough, I looked for a synopsis and find...

"To their astonishment it is Mr. Watzisname who arrives with the sad news that Silky, Moonface and the Saucepan Man have disappeared. And what's more, their homes have been seized by Stamp-a-Lot and Yell-around, two sour villains who have escaped from the Land of Tempers. It is a time of grave crisis. It is also the time of the Land of Tempers. In a desperate search for their friends, the children visit the land, only to find no trace of the folk. But sweet Fanny comes to the rescue, and before they leave she tells the Chief of the Land the whereabouts of the escaped crooks"

Yes! My "revised" edition contains none of that! The whole freaking finale of the book has been cut out!

Also apparently references to Santa Claus earlier in the book are gone too!

Also, the names have been changed from Jo, Bessie and Fanny to Joe, Beth and Franny and Dame Slap is now Dame Snap (who only shouts at people instead of slapping them)

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY Must idiotic, policitically correct do-gooders butcher classics like this!

I LOVED The Faraway Tree, now it's been butchered beyond repair with names changed, character-traits changed and even the climax of one of the stories completely cut out.

:rant: :rant::rant::rant:

Sorry for the rant ut gahhh I feel depressed and angry!