Does anybody know this book?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyA

Always lurking, never posting...
Registered
Reaction score
hello, probably the wrong place to put this but here goes:
I read a book a couple of years ago, and i would like to find it again, but i have forgotten the author and the title - i think the front cover is bluey-grey with a boy on the front, but i'm not sure.

it was either YA or older MG, and it was about a teenage boy who died falling down his stairs, and he becomes a ghost. he gets to know the other ghosts and the house is split up into sections belonging to each ghost etc
he and his female ghost friend try to take a message to his family by inhabiting (if thats the right word) a guy fawkes 'guy'. also, randomly, i remember a bit at the beginning where he is annoyed because he died wearing a t-shirt with save the earth on and his sister's pink fluffy slippers, and is stuck like that as a ghost.

it was an english book, and i think it was written after 2000, but that's all i know. does my (bad) description ring a bell with anyone, or does anyone know which book i mean?

thank you! xxx :)

p.s. I'm in England - I doubt this book has been published in the US

LadyA

Always lurking, never posting...
Registered
Reaction score
Found it! It's called 'Dead Edward' by Stephen Moore.

When Edward trips over his home-made Guy Fawkes one night, he doesn't know that this is going to be the last moment of his life. Being a ghost at first seems dull, but when he meets other ghosts in the house who teach him about the importance of the "essence of being", his adventures begin.
the description doesn't sound that great, but i remember reading it aged 12 and LOVING it

Status
Not open for further replies.