11/22/63 by Stephen King

chickenrising

Registered
Reaction score
Just arrived at my doorstep. 763 pages. Between this, 1Q84, and me having to read everything in Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy because it's written in some hellish old English, I'M BURIED IN BOOKS HELP!

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
So? Did you guys like it? I finished yesterday and liked it quite a lot. It was awfully long, but the characters were very enjoyable, so I feel a bit adrift today without them.

WordCount

You don't have coffee? Go away.
Registered
Reaction score
So? Did you guys like it? I finished yesterday and liked it quite a lot. It was awfully long, but the characters were very enjoyable, so I feel a bit adrift today without them.

Dude, I almost shuddered a tear near the end. Great story with well-written and believable characters. High high HIGH recommend.

WordCount

Registered
Reaction score
Damn your eyes, all of you. I'm intrigued. And besides, a soppin' wet cry never hurt us big uns.

This is, honestly, (in my opinion anyway) the best book he's ever written. By FAR!!! This blew The Stand into the Atlantic Ocean. Everything about is just so personal and well-labored. I love it!

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
I loved this book. Absolutely one of his best in years.

AVS

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a fan of the mighty King, but I did have a degree of trepidation on buying it "What Kennedy... again?" I know it's a tragedy and an endless fascination for Americans in particular, but there's a Kennedy related book/program along every three minutes.

But I loved it, sagged a tad in the middle, but King's best and most heartfelt (it seemed to me) in a long time. Hell I wanted to live in parts of that late 50s USA. Marvellous piece of work.

COchick

in a holding pattern
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.leighgrayson.blogspot.com
I swear I already posted in this thread, but...*shrugs*

I LOVED it. I haven't liked some of King's last few things (*coughUNDERTHEDOMEcough*) so I started reading this with some doubts. But it was amazing, and I read it straight through in just a few days. Amazing work, and I might have to go back and do another read through.

Esmeralda

Snowman...on the job
Registered
Reaction score
I can't decide if I should read this one first or Ann Rice's new book The Wolf Gift. They are both sitting on my desk. Damn...I guess I'll have to choose. Es

RobJ

Banned
Reaction score
Just arrived at my doorstep. 763 pages. Between this, 1Q84, and me having to read everything in Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy because it's written in some hellish old English, I'M BURIED IN BOOKS HELP!
Time for a Kindle?

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy is in Old English? Really?

Must be the version by Chaucer.....

WordCount

Registered
Reaction score
I swear I already posted in this thread, but...*shrugs*

I LOVED it. I haven't liked some of King's last few things (*coughUNDERTHEDOMEcough*) so I started reading this with some doubts. But it was amazing, and I read it straight through in just a few days. Amazing work, and I might have to go back and do another read through.

I've been wanting to know this for a while. What's wrong with Under the Dome?

EDIT: Is it the ending, or the whole premise, or what? I live in a small-town, and it seemed pretty accurate to me, so I know that's not the problem.

The characters? I really want to know, because to me, this book seems to get a lot of scorn that I don't understand.

Last edited:

LongWave

Registered
Reaction score
I can't decide if I should read this one first or Ann Rice's new book The Wolf Gift. They are both sitting on my desk. Damn...I guess I'll have to choose. Es

What did you chose?

I was in the exact same quagmire. I chose Wolf Gift because it was much shorter and I needed something more immediate.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just finished reading this book. I really liked it.

I agree that the middle was kind of boring and I think some of that should have been cut. But on the whole it kept my interest and I was curious throughout how it would end. Very good characters and I loved the narration.