The Shadow Patrol by Alex Berenson

EthanJones

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Website
ethanjonesbooks.wordpress.com
Hi everyone,

I'm currently enjoying an advance review copy of The Shadow Patrol by Alex Berenson, which comes out on February 21.

My early review of this spy thriller will come next Monday.

Thanks,

Ethan

EthanJones

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Website
ethanjonesbooks.wordpress.com
My review of The Shadow Patrol by Alex Berenson

Hello everyone:

Please enjoy my review of The Shadow Patrol by Alex Berenson

Thanks,

Ethan

The Shadow Patrol by Alex Berenson

The CIA is concerned the Taliban has infiltrated their CIA Kabul Station, so it dispatches John Wells to flush out the mole. There are also some rumors of CIA operatives involved in drug trafficking, which Wells needs to investigate. Wells accepts his mission, eager to escape the harsh reality of his broken life in the United States.

Returning to Afghanistan, the place where Wells began his undercover operative missions, he finds out the US army bases to be as hostile, if not even more hostile than when he’s among the Taliban-infested mountains. Wells follows his leads and his gut, and with the help of Ellis Shafer, his old boss at the CIA, began to connect the dots.

Mr. Berenson writing is precise and fast-paced, and a thin thread of humor stretches throughout the novel.

Mr. Berenson gives a human dimension to his characters. Wells makes mistakes and falls into deadly situations, but manages to overcome them with only a few scratches. He is trying to reach to his estranged son and struggles with his Muslim faith.

The reader is treated to vivid descriptions of the Afghanistan settings, its tribal relations and politics. Mr. Berenson enters the psyche of the bad guys and provides the reader with valid motives for their actions. They are opposite to those of Wells, but equally valid and convincing. Mr. Berenson also goes into the effects of the war on the soldiers wagging this war. He spares the reader sermons and lessons on morality, but gives him a shocking, yet truthful picture of how killing men twists and warps the mind of even the strongest men.

Who’s really pulling the strings and sending John into this operation? Who is the mole? Is that the reason Wells is going on this mission or is there more? Will Wells find enough evidence to unearth the mole and discover the truth?