R. A. Salvatore

Luke flees the scene

philosopher.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
This author is unbelievably amazing. I'm planning on starting The Icewind Dale pretty soon, and I just got finished with the Star Wars Episode II book. This guy is really good at creating battles. I highly recommend him.

mmcutter

If you like his writing in Star Wars Episode II and Icewind Dale, you will love his Demon Wars series. Many of Bob's fans feel he reached the pinacle of his writing with this series, in particular, the book Mortalis.

Marge

trumancoyote

My Name is Sweet Thing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.janetismeantome.com
Very cool guy, too. I met him once while I was working at a coffee shop in Borders.

I was pissed 'cause he was doing a signing and my boss wouldn't let me go listen to his little speech-a-magoo. But while I was in the back washing dishes and planning my boss's untimely death, who popped in but Salvatore himself with a signed book in one hand, ready to shake my hand with the other. I was very impressed :)

And my boss lived to see another day.

David McAfee

God of Squirrels
Registered
Reaction score
Salvatore has been one of my favorite authors since I read Homeland a thousand years ago or so. He's an amazing writer.

Crème de la Gem

Registered
Reaction score
Homeland by R.A. Salvatore

This is the first fantasy book I ever picked up. (I grew up reading manga comics for fantasy/scifi/romance/biography/bible/history/everything !) I knew fantasy is like the biggest genre by sales, so I've been wanting to read one. I googled fantasy sites to decide what to read for a long time, but in the end, decided to just start with what's an arms' reach. I live in a small Spanish speaking country in the Caribbean so there's no B&N or Borders, and there is a small English section in the local book store. There's Amazon, but cost of shipping can not be ignored. So I browsed. I think I saw maybe four or five fantasy author's works. Lord of the Rings and some others. I picked up this one because this was the book one of the series, and others were missing the book one. I went home and Googled it, and found out that it is like 10th best fantasy of all time or something like that.

I loved it! I finished the book in record time, and definitely looking forward to getting the next in the series.

PhatDad

Registered
Reaction score
I love this series too. There are about 22 books written by Salvatore that deal with the same character Drizzt Do'Urden or his friends. They are the only books I buy that I put everything else aside for and read in one go, which is difficult to do with studying full time, working part time and raising two young children.