Winter Birds by Jim Grimsley

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Has anybody else discovered this book. I never heard of Grimsley until tonight. I took my son to his hockey practice and grabbed a book from the library to read while I waited for him to be done. (YES...the library and ice rinks are in the same building, believe it or not. I love Canada!) Anyway...I grabbed Winter Birds for the same reason I grab a lot of books...the cover was appealing to me. Well before I knew what time it was and hour had gone by and I was a third of the way through the book. Unfortunately, I don't have much time lately to read. I just have to say this is an incredible book. This guy MUST be a poet. It is beautiful writing...such an odd POV though. I thought at first that I wouldn't like it...but by the second paragraph I stopped noticing that the narrator was addressing the reader as one of the characters. Such a great read.

Back cover:

Jim Grimsley's Winter Birds is a shattering portrait of a young boy caught between his father's rage and his mother's unhappiness, who retreats into solitude and finds hope and redemption of sorts in the world of his imagination. (my exact kind of read...I guess another reason why I picked it up.)

I'd like to hear from anybody else who may have read it. I am thoroughly enjoying it. I'll have to wait until next week's practice to pick it up again.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
C_0684829916.jpg