A Life of Crime and Chocolate

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:hi: everyone. We've been out if town, headed home today. :)

Welcome home, HJ.:Hug2:

Thanks all. I got a call from one of the doctors from the hospital this morning. Based on Blake's symptoms and treatment, they have decided to move the MRI forward. It's going to happen next Tuesday.
I'm terrified. I don't even know what to think. I glad they took my concerns seriously, but I'm so frightened of what the scan will show.

Thanks for the thoughts x

Scary times, French. Sending positive thoughts.:Hug2:

tarak

for certain qualities of "sane"
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Central Pennsylvania - the gateway to Harrisburg
I love samoas. And I don't really like coconut that much. My daughter's troop has a lot of leftover cookies we're trying to sell. Fortunately, she's cute and we can try going door to door with what we have left. There are very few kids in our neighborhood, so not much competition. I sometimes wonder if that's why we had four kids. No one to play with? Go find your sister. Mad at that one? You've got two more to choose from.

French - you are frequently in my thoughts and always in my prayers. This will be especially true on Tuesday.

Mr Mitchell

Registered
Reaction score
French - You are in my prayers, you and your son and his treatment. I'm sorry to hear about you being in a dark place at the moment.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks all. I appreciate the shouters and sentiments.

Today was a good day. Probably one of the best I've had in many weeks. I was productive. Folded precisely 6000 loads of washing (felt like that anyway) and caught up on all the house work.
Tomorrow is MRI day, I'm terrified. Absolutely lacking myself.
Please keep Blake in your thoughts, and send him positive vibes for what ever were facing.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
We're praying, French. I can't imagine what a terrible feeling of helplessness you must have. Everything I think to say sounds trite and stupid, so just know that I'm here, I love you and your precious son, and I'm praying. We'll be waiting to hear how it goes.

asroc

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Vibing away, FM!

Work yesterday was an absolute nightmare. I'm trying to unwind today but I have to prepare for a midterm on Friday that I didn't get to study for last week because of prep for yesterday, so I'm kind of punchy. I hate St. Patrick's Day. And p-chem.

(All I do here is whine...)

vagough

Traveling down the Query Road...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
goughpubs.wordpress.com
Best wishes and thoughts, French, for you and Blake. I can't imagine how you must be feeling.

And asroc, that's what we're here for -- to listen! I don't live in your town, but I know your work is important (and your hubby's work). You do good things for people.

asroc

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Best wishes and thoughts, French, for you and Blake. I can't imagine how you must be feeling.

And asroc, that's what we're here for -- to listen! I don't live in your town, but I know your work is important (and your hubby's work). You do good things for people.

Thanks, guys.

The husband is a saint! His St. Paddy's Day was a lot worse than mine. (I just have to respond, he has to supervise.) But when I came home last night there were two pints of Karamel Sutra in the freezer.

Will keep him around.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
Asroc, enjoy the karamel sutra.

Blake's MRI went well today.
It was a very long day and didnt get home until nearly 9pm, but we got the results today as well.

All 3 tumours have nearly doubled in size, but there are nonew ones. I will be speaking with the neurosurgeon tomorrow about possible surgery on the spinal one causing him pain.

Thanks for all the love,good thoughts and vibes. It really helped. A good day.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

It was a very long day and didnt get home until nearly 9pm, but we got the results today as well.

All 3 tumours have nearly doubled in size, but there are nonew ones. I will be speaking with the neurosurgeon tomorrow about possible surgery on the spinal one causing him pain.

No new tumours is fantastic news, French.

Good luck with the surgeon tomorrow. Hope they can reduce Blake's pain.:Hug2:

tarak

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

I saw your update on FB. So glad there's nothing new. I hope they can help him with the spinal one. :Hug2:

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Kind of a mixed blessing, isn't it. No new tumors is good but it's worrying that the others have grown. :( I'm so hoping that surgery can help get him out of pain. :Hug2:

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
I spoke with the neurosurgeon this afternoon, she wants to see Blake on Friday. She did say to me that she wasnt sure what good the surgery would do. The pain he is experiencing from the tumour pressing on nerves may have caused permanant nerve damage.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so glad there were no new tumors, but agh to that last news. :( I hope and pray, fiercely, that she is wrong.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
((((( FM and Blake ))))) been thinking about you both.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Hugs FM. What the others have said. Hope there is something they can do for his pain. It's bad enough for an adult but it breaks my heart to think of a wee one going through that. He's one brave boy.

I'm just back from London. Just a one day stay to do some shopping. I'm too scared to look at my bank account until tomorrow when my pay should be in so it won't be as bad. But it was a present to try and cheer me up. Been having hassle from a guy at work who we think is a bit jealous. He's on a creative writing course and has a very high opinion of himself and his work. His response when my friend was talking about my story being published was 'oh, it's just crime fiction?' if that gives an idea of the sort of drivel he's been spouting. Just one of those people whose presence in a room brings the whole mood down. He's probably going to get worse too as he's pretty useless at his job with us, to the point where yesterday we had an all-singing-all-dancing news bulletin because of the Budget, and it ended up in chaos because we were basically a person short. He can't do voice recognition or type. So having been quite publicly shown to be not much use he'll probably get nasty next time he's in.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm just back from London. Just a one day stay to do some shopping. I'm too scared to look at my bank account until tomorrow when my pay should be in so it won't be as bad. But it was a present to try and cheer me up. Been having hassle from a guy at work who we think is a bit jealous. He's on a creative writing course and has a very high opinion of himself and his work. His response when my friend was talking about my story being published was 'oh, it's just crime fiction?' if that gives an idea of the sort of drivel he's been spouting. Just one of those people whose presence in a room brings the whole mood down. He's probably going to get worse too as he's pretty useless at his job with us, to the point where yesterday we had an all-singing-all-dancing news bulletin because of the Budget, and it ended up in chaos because we were basically a person short. He can't do voice recognition or type. So having been quite publicly shown to be not much use he'll probably get nasty next time he's in.

Ah. A twatwaffle! There's one in every newsroom. My sympathies, Zelenka. With a bit of luck, he'll trip himself up sooner rather than later. Hope you got some nice goodies on your shopping trip. :D

((((( FM and Blake ))))) been thinking about you both.

Shakes!!!! Good to see you again! :D

tarak

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, my birthday was last week, and now, I'm officially 22. Yay.

--

Got some work done. But I still have more to do though.
Happy belated birthday! In August, I will be exactly double your age. Which makes me feel somewhat old, but there you have it. :)

"Just crime fiction" man needs a swift kick.

Thinking of French and Blake this morning. :Hug2: