Anyone else doing PitDark?

Nether

is walking the plank at a pirate-themed water park
Registered
Reaction score
I want to, but who knows? Because it's on a Thursday, I'll miss the juicy hours.

Tried it last year, got no response. And while I could use a promising gimmick, I'm not sure I want to broadcast that in front... well, not the world, but at least some people and a ton of bots.

Brigid Barry

Under Consideration and Revising
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I intend to use Tweet Deck - you can schedule the Tweets for whenever you want so if you're unavailable it still goes out.

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
Stumbled across some #pitdark pitches happening today on twitter for anyone who is currently querying horror.

Gehenna

Registered
Reaction score
Brushing off the dust here. I've never tried pitching via X(Twitter). Is this still running, like not now-now, but planned for a few months ahead? I remember some of the others stopped the pitch initiatives.

Brigid Barry

Under Consideration and Revising
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I know DV Pit is gone. I think I started another thread somewhere about pitch contests that was originally about DV pit and I changed the title...please hold.

Here we are: https://absolutewrite.com/forums/in...d-other-online-contests-opportunities.356500/

I don't know if it's because it's early in the year or because Twitter has become a cess pit of right wing hate speech, I mean, haven of free speech, but I didn't see anything when I searched for 2024 events.

Reactions: Woollybear

Gehenna

Registered
Reaction score
I know DV Pit is gone. I think I started another thread somewhere about pitch contests that was originally about DV pit and I changed the title...please hold.

Here we are: https://absolutewrite.com/forums/in...d-other-online-contests-opportunities.356500/

I don't know if it's because it's early in the year or because Twitter has become a cess pit of right wing hate speech, I mean, haven of free speech, but I didn't see anything when I searched for 2024 events.
Aw *sad face*... Not that I had hopes for getting likes, more to try that too and say I did it.