Arrow

Violeta

All I Ever Wanted Was The World
Registered
Reaction score
Am I the only one who found the season finale bland and cliched?

Spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen the show -or the ending- yet;

So we had a love triangle there. We all knew Tommy wouldn't win the fight, but to have him die and solve the love triangle that way? Oh, hell no. Didn't we have a thread here somewhere about weak solutions to love triangles? Um. Yes, we did.

I'm a sucker for love triangles but the two resolutions that annoy me are one of the rivals dying/moving away/physically removed from the picture, or one of them proving themselves to be a complete tosser.

It was so epically cliched to have him die, I'm still pissed. First, they made him act all victim-like, then like a jerk all woe-is-me, and then three minutes later they give him a hero's exit? Seriously?

I liked Tommy well enough, but I couldn't care less about Laurel. I like her fighting skills and stuff, but that's it. Her getting with Oliver isn't in my top-ten-must-see priority list. I just don't buy them. :Shrug: I like developing relationships, not force-fed ones. And they have no chemistry whatsoever.

End of spoilers.

The best part of this show, for me, is Felicity. (And Oliver's cuteness). I love her character and the way she always makes me laugh. Adding her to the team is, hands-down, what saved this show for me. I can never get enough of her and Oliver. They just have that... chemistry (not in a sexual way), that... connection. They are totally great together. I ship them so much it's not even funny. :heart: But I like them just like they are right now. If Oliver had to get together with anyone, she would be the only one I'd approve of (at least, as of today), but I'm not sure them being together wouldn't kill the vibe. :poke: Hmm.

Next on my list are Thea and Roy, but they're not as good as Oliver and Felicity, so... yeah.

Last edited:

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
I don't think it was to resolve the love triangle. They knew they were going to kill Tommy off well in advance. Everything in the finale sets Oliver off on what he's doing for season 2. Interview with Colin Donnell.

Season 2 spoilers:

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/intervi...oes-stephen-amell-know-about-whats-next/14230

http://www.eonline.com/news/420299/...ound-off-on-bigger-season-2-it-s-a-new-series

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/arrows-second-season-feature-two-villains-001100663.html

23 Episodes For #Arrow Season 2? http://bit.ly/ZLC86j

Violeta

Registered
Reaction score
I don't think it was to resolve the love triangle.

Hmm... Yeah. Well maybe they didn't do it with that intention, but it still solved the triangle, didn't it?
And killing him just so the other two could delve deeper into their alter egos still seems like a cop-out to me. :e2poke:

But oh well. I'm over it now.

vintage

Registered
Reaction score
I adore Arrow, superhero topic looks better in tv series format, than movies, imho.
The ending was a huge surprise for me, but probably because i do not read superhero comics.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
I adore Arrow, superhero topic looks better in tv series format, than movies, imho.
The ending was a huge surprise for me, but probably because i do not read superhero comics.
Arrow is a complete re-imagining of Green Arrow and is pretty different than the comics. So all of this is new material.

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com

jmikehub

Registered
Reaction score
Arrow? whats your opinion on it?

I loved the show but for some reason I've been hearing mixed reviews, what do you guys think?

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
I want to like this show so badly.

I don't.

I don't dislike it. There just seems to be something about these characters that isn't quite clicking for me. Almost. I like the action. Maybe it's just that ever-present anger. At least, it comes across to me as ever-present.

It's so close that I keep looking it up, hoping for that moment when it finally clicks. But I'm starting to try less often.

jmikehub

Registered
Reaction score
cool, cool, I really hope Roy Harper makes a good run as Red Arrow, he was so cool in Young Justice

ThomasT

Registered
Reaction score
I like the series, which started in Germany a couple of weeks ago. Got interested in the comics.

Violeta

Registered
Reaction score
Ugh, insufferable Laurel placing her guilt on Arrow. Ugh! :Headbang: I never liked her, and now she's
blaming Arrow for something she's to blame for? Are you kidding?:rant: Ugh! I can't stand her.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
For season 1, I generally liked Laurel. She was one of the few people within the legal system there that actually did seem to care about justice for everyone. But I agree, the way she's acting now (bitter and vengeful) is out of character and a bit frustrating to watch. It's like her and her dad switched bodies.

I'm curious of the identity of the Black Canary in this universe. From what I've read, it's a different actress, so this Black Canary isn't Laural. I also want to know if she'll have the sonic scream. This series tends to shy away from super power. Then again, it will have The Flash so, who knows.

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
In the first season, there were several hints about Laurel's presumed-dead sister becoming the Black Canary. (For instance, the black canary in the photo of her.) I haven't heard anything about that developing this season (but I tend to try and avoid reading spoilers).

So Oliver has come around to the DC standard of never killing people. He's gone from the extreme of simply confronting and assassinating criminals, to refusing to kill even in self-defense. In situations where almost any law enforcement officer would empty his weapon into an attacker, Ollie expends tremendous effort on non-lethal measures. Past a certain point, I always found that hard to believe in the comics.

I'm honestly not sure why I like this show. The dialogue is frequently wooden (though I liked Rigby joking that his secret identity is "Oliver's black driver"). But the production values are good, I like the island-of-death flashbacks, and I've always liked the Green Arrow.

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com