G'Day

LunaFancy

Registered
Reaction score
oooh! Yay - thank you!.

I've just passed the halfway mark on ch6 - once it's done I'll get on to yours.

I have to wait up for Californication, so Em can keep me company. :)

LunaFancy

Registered
Reaction score
I'm interested to hear your take on the ending.;)

The friend that has read the first four chapters has declared undying love for Gan - am I the only one who sees the man's faults with clarity? It's cracking me up-to think I was worried he was too much of an anti hero to be likable!:tongue

I'm looking forward to seeing how Em gets a handle on RJ, and of course how she caves to Slade!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Y'know how last night I had a sad over realising I had smoked 2 more cigarettes than I had thought, based on faulty counting?

Well, it was faulty counting, alright - the second time. I've been completely anal about counting how many I've had today, and I thusly realised that I had the number right the first time last night.

So instead of 14 smokes in 15 hours yesterday (which was good enough - 14 is the limit I'm trying to keep under, and less smokes than hours is a secondary goal) I can now boast of 12 smokes in 15 hours. That's an exact reversal of the first day I started keeping track, which was 15 smokes in 12 hours.

I feel so proud now. :)

MissMacchiato

Bring on the Sweet, Sweet Coffee
Registered
Reaction score
lol, cliff, ya fool! well done :)

LF, I can definitely see Gan's faults, but he's still likable. I think, also, that the other characters are less dimensional, for the simple reason that we can't see inside their heads, y'know? So of course we side with Gan.

I love the bit where Em gets a handle on RJ :D haha, I can't wait to see what you think of my ending either!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Eek. I think I'm getting a cold. (I know - last time I said that it didn't come to anything.)

For the last 2 hours I've had a sore throat, and then I just sneezed as I was coming back to this page, and it hurt like a mofo, in my throat.

I've had 14 days at work in 7 weeks, and not had a day off yet. If I get the flu though, I imagine Friday will break that streak.

*pops 2 vitamin Cs*

MissMacchiato

Registered
Reaction score
good morning all!

I have my coffee, my usb stick, and I am so getting stuck into the end of G&I this morning! bring it!

what are you lot up to?

LunaFancy

Registered
Reaction score
Good Morning MM!

I just spent the last hour playing musical water receptacles with leggypoles, tadpoles and eggpoles.:tongue

Eggggsausting!;) I chased taddies all over the trough with a net - huge fun.:D Then ended up having to pour water through a strainer to get the eggs moved.

I haven't so much fun in...well... since the last great tadpole muster lol! I still have eight left over from the first batch - they have long back legs and big fat bodies- too cute!

Line editing is nowhere near as much fun.:tongue

MissMacchiato

Registered
Reaction score
it's cold down here today, playing in water doesn't sound quite as fun as it would have when it was a tad warmer. Huurrrr, did you see what I did there? A TAD WARMER.

Okay, time for me to get back to work before I make any more lame 'dad' jokes, lol

LunaFancy

Registered
Reaction score
Lol! I like your dad jokes MM.:D

Not sure what that says about me!

It's forecast to be 28 today - that seems cool after the 36s on the weekend.!

If it's hilarity you're after - check this out. Too funny!
http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2011/02/scariest-story.html

I'm glad my FB friends (99% of whom I wouldn't know if I fell over on the street, mind you-all fellow horse-owners, well appaloosa owners mostly.) are on the ball with these things - I never remember to check this site and it's so worth it!

LunaFancy

Registered
Reaction score
Morning Cliff! Thanks for the coffee. :)

Today is my Quit Day!

Coping okay so far - mental cravings only, I think I can handle them. Only had two smokes yesterday and enjoyed neither and that was the end of my tobacco, so there is no temptation at hand.

Hopefully things will run smoothly!

MissMacchiato

Registered
Reaction score
lol, that story was awesome :)

Morning cliff!

And here in Sydders it's probably only around 22 or 23 degrees.

Blech, I should have brought my starbucks reusable mug *cries*

LunaFancy

Registered
Reaction score
Too much sleep leaves you more somnolent that too little sometimes because when you wake from sleeping in you are coming out of the wrong sleep stage, because it's usually a forced waking and you are generally in a deep sleep state.

When you have too little sleep you generally wake up in between deep states so the hang over is less.

LunaFancy- Queen of useless information.

MissMacchiato

Registered
Reaction score
I so totally did not understand a single word of what you just said. Honestly. LOL

OMG LF! I JUST FINISHED IT! I'm sending you over my comments right now :)

LunaFancy

Registered
Reaction score
Ooooooh! Excitement plus! *scoots over to email*

lol! I was clear as mud, hey?

The gist -when you sleep too much, you're knackered when you wake up because you usually end up being woken from a deep sleep. When you don't get enough sleep, you usually haven't had enough time to enter a second or third deep sleep state so you wake up from a light stage.

How's that?

MissMacchiato

Registered
Reaction score
aha, I understand now. Clearly, what I needed was more coffee. And possibly some fries. I have a craving for KFC..

LunaFancy

Registered
Reaction score
Now I want KFC chippies! Lol!

I've decided that I'm willing to drop my 'not interested in a relationship' attitude for a man who will willingly and capably edit my work for me.

Really, it's like not dropping the attitude at all, when you consider the odds against finding one...:tongue

MissMacchiato

Registered
Reaction score
lol Luna.

I would not willingly drop my not interested in a relationship attitude unless he was pretty awesomesauce ... I'd lose my writing time!