G'Day

MissMacchiato

Bring on the Sweet, Sweet Coffee
Registered
Reaction score
there's a speed dating bridge climb?! No, I'm doing it with a friend for her birthday.

I'm looking forward to it, but yeah... I was sad you can't take cameras. I think they take a picture of you, and that's it. No loose items allowed *sad face*

I wonder what the speed dating one would be like, is that really real?

LunaFancy

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, it's real- I saw a story on one of the current affairs shows on telly.

You climb up and they run the speed dating session on top of the bridge lol!

I wonder how many bad ones you have to get before the temptation to jump kicks in!;)

Are you going to dangle over the side? That looks skeery.

This morning while I was cleaning the stables, I came up with an idea for a whole new series set entirely in my version of Faerie- as in a classic fantasy.

I'll let it brew until I've done the second one in the G&I world though. it should be ready to go by then.:D

MissMacchiato

Registered
Reaction score
lol, no side-dangling, as far as I'm aware.

I'm stuck drumming my fingers waiting for mum to get off the phone. We were supposed to be going shopping before I get ready for the bridge climb, but it looks like she's fairly settled in, *eyeroll*

LunaFancy

Registered
Reaction score
Oh go on... all the TV weather presenters dangle when they do the climb lol!

I've decided I have cat flu, not coughing so it can't be kennel cough.

I feel decidedly foul - and yet ch 14-17 aren't going to edit themselves.

*sigh*

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I've been saving my $2 and $1 coins for about a month now. This morning I turned $70 worth of them into notes. :)

$20 went to a pack if cigarettes - $50 will go to this big electric bill. And I had $50 saved up from the fortnight anyway.

So I have $100, and I get paid again on Monday. This cutting back on smoking thing is really helping! I mean, I had about $50 saved up from last fortnight, but I've saved another $50, even though I spent $30 on sis's birthday present and $25 on a bookcase.

It's not a huge amount of money, but usually I live fortnight to fortnight - usually the day before I get paid I have $0.

*does a happy dance*

tarkine

Learning the trade
Registered
Reaction score
Hey tarkine- have you seen Nathan Bransford's Query formula?

I knocked mine up in around 15 minutes using it and I'm pretty darn happy with it.

Follow the link ...http://blog.nathanbransford.com/2008/03/query-letter-mad-lib.html

Makes the process dead easy.:)

I tried this. and the book sounded much more interesting written from the other perspective - much more conflict etc.

I'll give it another go.

Was thinking that my query letter, as it stands, might make a good synopsis with a bit more padding and that I should just trim it right down for a query letter...

Think I might cancel my afternoon tea date with a girlfriend and sleep instead. :(

MissM - enjoy the bridge climb.

tarkine

Learning the trade
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Maybe I can fit it into a story somewhere :) my MC would hate this so much, lol

don't you just love doing that to characters - putting them in situations they just aren't going to like! mwah-ha-ha-ha!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Final 2 songs of FAWM recorded. Hooray!

Now my throat can rest up for, oh, 11 months, before the next FAWM. :D

Actually, I might re-record some of these songs at some point in the intervening year... whenever I listen back to them, I get these moments where I go, "Oh, I bet you're going to sing this line like this!" and then I hear it sung, and I'm like, "What? That doesn't fit the song! WTF?"

Ah, the woes of keeping pretty much every first take, unless I get tongue-tied on a word and completely stuff it up...

But maybe one day I'll redo some of them. :)

The last 2 aren't uploaded yet, as they haven't been edited yet. Right now I think I should take the solitude available to me and clean the neglected house. It's been about 1.5 weeks since I did any reasonable cleaning, because I've been so busy with a number of things. The few days I had to myself were spent on FAWM...

*puts very loud music on the stereo and cleans like it's going out of fashion*

:)

LunaFancy

Registered
Reaction score
Gan's too scared to whinge - he knows I can always make it worse next time. ;)

Not that I'm not going to anyway...:evil

When's your Bridge Climb MM? I agree that Emily would hate it, the jumpsuit in particular I think.:)

I'm starting ch16... this edit really will be finished today.:partyguy:

MissMacchiato

Registered
Reaction score
In around 10 mins actually! Eek excitement!

And lol so true, the jump suit would not be a plus in emily's eyes :)

LunaFancy

Registered
Reaction score
Woot! It is FINISHED!

Pending a final hardcopy once over tomorrow - It Is All Done.:snoopy:
10 weeks and six days after the first keystroke. I feel rather chuffed with that. Mind you it's not like I did anything else lol!

Tomorrow- begin read through and synopsissssss.

Sometime you just can't avoid things forever I guess.

Oh and in the end - 96,101 words. Extra chuffed about that.:partyguy:

tarkine

Learning the trade
Registered
Reaction score
Lol... Yes!

But they get happy endings so they shouldn't complain too much!

aw see your way to nice to the characters, giving them happy endings...

Cliff - way to go with teh song writing.

LF - WOOT! That's great news!! congrats on finishing the editing - how's your mum doing?

LunaFancy

Registered
Reaction score
Mum's good thanks tarkine. She's doing really well, and so is Faun.:)

I had a beer to celebrate finishing Glyph and Iron. I live on the wild side, don't I?

I'm thinking I might clean off the whiteboard and get to work on brainstorming the next one tonight.:D

MissMacchiato

Registered
Reaction score
Good morning! Congrats, LF, Cliff!

The climb was awesome! And afterwards we went to this club that only opened on wed... It was great!

LunaFancy

Registered
Reaction score
Did you dangle? Huh? Did you, did you?:tongue

Hope you changed out of the jumpsuit before the club lol!;)

I had to go to the supermarket for mum this morning. You know what? I realised I've wasted my time with all the horrible things I cooked up to torture Gan with.

I could have just sent him to Coles instead. Way more scary! *shudder*

I did however find a holy grail of sorts - a pack of three double ended pens. They have ball point at one end and a highlighter at the other. I was all kinds of excited when I saw them.:D

Of course, when I lose one, now I'll be losing both...

MissMacchiato

Registered
Reaction score
lol, LF!

we were not given the option to dangle! But it was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed it. Definitely a once in a life time experience!

tarkine

Learning the trade
Registered
Reaction score
Did you dangle? Huh? Did you, did you?:tongue

Hope you changed out of the jumpsuit before the club lol!;)

I had to go to the supermarket for mum this morning. You know what? I realised I've wasted my time with all the horrible things I cooked up to torture Gan with.

I could have just sent him to Coles instead. Way more scary! *shudder*

I did however find a holy grail of sorts - a pack of three double ended pens. They have ball point at one end and a highlighter at the other. I was all kinds of excited when I saw them.:D

Of course, when I lose one, now I'll be losing both...

*dances around the room* - I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets excited over pens! Don't ever leave me unsupervised in office works. I come out with paper, and pens - none of which I need but everything I want!

MissM - I so want to do it. I was going to do the bridgeclimb a few years ago, but I kinda chickened out, now I wish I had!

Working on the QL... man I wish books would just sell themselves!

MissMacchiato

Registered
Reaction score
Tarkine, you should do it! It's scary, but so worthwhile. It's amazing.

I'm trying to write my query letter. I also got some feedback, and I seem to be getting the same things back - which is only confirming my own suspicions. The first chapters of my book are too slow. The only thing carrying them is the character voice, and it's frankly not enough. I'm wracking my brain as to how I can add some details that will hook people in past the 'voice'.

LunaFancy

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, maybe you have to be a TV Weather presenter to be dangled. Perhaps it is meant as a threat? Give us better forecasts or the next one gets dropped!
:)

I'm depressed because I found things that need to be fixed in the hard copy. Have I gone screen blind or something?

I knew I should have printed out the second draft!