Grandma Susie's House of FUNNERS 'N FLOOZIES (Volume V)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I bought some white choc and macadamia cookies at the shop today. Had 2 of them already. Yummo!

It's been a long time since I had anything decadent like that, apart from the occasional small chocolate which doesn't count. There were only 4 in the packet, and they're sort of medium sized. Bigger than if I bought a big pack of that sort of thing in the main aisles (I got them in the in-store baked goods section), but not as big as you'd find in a cafe. Kind of pricey, but again, not compared to getting them in a cafe.

I'll save the other 2 for later, tomorrow maybe.

And it looks like we're visiting the relatives again today... We did our own grocery shopping, but also bought some things that the grandparents needed. Them, their similar-aged relatives, and mum are going interstate on Tuesday for 10 days, so it's kind of overkill to see them so often only a few days beforehand... But yeah. They needed some food for today and tomorrow.

*can still taste white chocolate* :D

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Our house is very, very quiet house.
With one cat in the yard.
Life used to be so hard.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, house of playful cats.

Purple Rose

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alxblog.net
Hmmm... rather quiet here today.

Hello all! Just checking in to say hi before I head off to some cute little hawker centre for satay. Okay, that's probably a little alien and needs a translation for some of you but rather than spoon-feed you, I'd much rather just have you experience a day in my usual life :) So come on over to Singapore!!!

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yesterday was Satay. Today is Suntay.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning house of the cake! I shall have to fit some of that in to my day later...

And! It's Sunday! :snoopy: Lots of work for me today, what about everyone else?

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lots of work for me today, what about everyone else?

Breakfast, a few light chores, a little reading, maybe meeting my sister-in-law for lunch, napping . . .

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Good a.m. Heyjude, Bettie, AC, and to any other funners that are awake, and lurkers. :hi:

Today, I'll be painting, doing laundry, eating dinner at son's, cleaning, visiting with daughter, getting a new headlight bulb, all while dreaming about a vacation while still fighting the flu. Sadly, I don't think any cake is involved, unless Susie brings some pre-licked. :D

Purple Rose

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alxblog.net
Good a.m. Heyjude, Bettie, AC, and to any other funners that are awake, and lurkers. :hi:

Today, I'll be painting, doing laundry, eating dinner at son's, cleaning, visiting with daughter, getting a new headlight bulb, all while dreaming about a vacation while still fighting the flu. Sadly, I don't think any cake is involved, unless Susie brings some pre-licked. :D

Wow, n-f, that is A LOT to do in one day!!!

About that dream, could you please try and slot this place into one of your dream segments?

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm dreaming with my eyes wide-open.

(Which is also a country song.)

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
hot d*mn! I knew it was a special day! Though for meh every day is chocolate :Cake: day :D *Passes :Cake:s to everyone* No forks allowed! :) That was funneh ac about the Suntay! :) Hope y'all have fun!

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I can't even buy a lunch date today.

I was going to have lunch with my sister-in-law. She had to cancel in order to get back to Atlanta.

I asked DD #1. She wasn't sure, but would get back to be later. It's now later and I haven't heard from her.

Last edited:

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Aw. :( I'd go to lunch with you, ac!

I survived the first part of the day. :e2thud: Two teachers didn't make it at the last minute and a big budget meeting. Oy.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, n-f, that is A LOT to do in one day!!!

About that dream, could you please try and slot this place into one of your dream segments?

I'm already dreaming of it! And I'm dreaming that you're my guide. :D

hot d*mn! I knew it was a special day! Though for meh every day is chocolate :Cake: day :D *Passes :Cake:s to everyone* No forks allowed! :) That was funneh ac about the Suntay! :) Hope y'all have fun!

:roll: Chocolate Cake Day really got Susie excited!

You should fly me over, AC, I'd have lunch with you. :D

Ack! A budget meeting doesn't sound fun at all, Heyjude. I hope you have funner things planned for the day.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
*runs in*

*hugs Susie*

*offers cake*

chocolate.jpg

*hides in corner*

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Things I Had to Do Today:

Go to Church and Lead the Singing (check)

Give Bettielee a Good Karma Rep (check)

Find a way to get to Singapore (working on it)

*Prelick* that Chocolate Strawberry Cake (check)

*Git 'er Done Jazz Hands* :D

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Ack! A budget meeting doesn't sound fun at all, Heyjude. I hope you have funner things planned for the day.

It wasn't bad. Just everything before it was super rushed. And my budget got passed--minus a couple hundred bucks. I'll take it! :D

Oh, and yes, more fun tonight. Small group. Great people, lots of laughs, good food. Mebbe even chocolate!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Your Sundays sound more interesting than mine. Last night I spent 3 or 4 more hours with the relatives, and basically they talked and I sat there...

That's the problem with being the youngest person there. They keep talking about people I have never met, places I haven't been, etc. And they wonder why I don't talk much!

Very boring.

I need a girlfriend. Then when we go to see the oldies, we can keep each other entertained. It seems to work for sis and her boyfriend...

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Prayers for everyone who needs them.

I know one very fit gentle-Sikh who carries a cane. Not because he needs any help walking.

Passing out good karma brownie points to bettielee. And heyjude--sitting through meetings, ah, yes, I've been there. And everyone else here who deserves one. Even the cat who will no doubt tell me he's been behaving. :)

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Duchessmary

Where I want to be
Registered
Reaction score
I'm back after having not a twinge of internet since yesterday morning. Cable guy had to come out. Both our modem and router were dead so he put in a new one that is just one box and has both router/modem ACK. $$$$ we don't have. But the good thing is that we're all shiny new wireless now. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.